Best way to beat the nods?

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by Forthesevenlakes, May 11, 2006.

1. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's fellow lab rats have been mucking around with opiates lately, mainly oxycodone, and SWIM wanted to be able to give them some good advice on how to get past the nods that sometimes accompany use. SWIM's only idea was to tell them to drink a coffee or rock star energy drink, but I am wondering if any other users have a preferred method they use to keep from going to sleep. I would like to point out that he doesnt reccomend opiates to anyone, but these lab rats are experienced users who are annoyed at how tired they get, and came to SWIM for advice.

2. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
  3. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    How could you possibly want to beat the nods?! Nodding is the shit.

My friends and I use opiates simply for the nod. A common question between them... "Noddin' yet?"

At times I could see wanting to beat em, but unfortunately there isn't many options. I have tried caffeine, doesnt work too well. SWIM must not have had enough. I dont drink coffee so Mountain Dew was the nearest thing around with caffeine in it.

Has any type of speed ever been tried? I could see how a small dose of Ritalin or Adderall might keep the nods away.

4. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    The only reason I would not want to nod if he was in a social setting. He agrees, a nod is the ultimate goal of an opiate user.

5. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Caffeine works, but you have to work it right. Too high of a dose will reduce the enjoyability of my opiate buzz and knock off too much of the depressant effects. He usually keeps it between 50-100mgs, depending on full/empty stomach and redosing as needed.

6. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    SWIM himself actually enjoys the nods, in regards to addicted2hc and raven3davis's responses...its my lab rats that don't. I was contemplating small dosages of ritalin or adderall, but is not sure what a decent starting dose would be, without things becoming too dangerous. perhaps 5 mg of either. I am not about to reccomend coke to the lab rats though, that seems a bit risky. thanks for the info on the caffeine though IHrt and sterling, a 50-100 mg dosage will be reccomended to aforementioned lab rats, and I was actually unaware that a higher dose could reduce the enjoyability. if these tricks dont work, SWIM may just have to tell the lab rats to man up (rat up?) and try to enjoy the nods.

7. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was going to recommend 5mg of either. Not sure whether or not they make Adderall in that dose, but I know Ritalin can be found in 5mg pills.

8. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    SWIM can always instruct those zany lab rats to cut a 10 mg adderall down the center, their sharp fangs and claws are perfect for the job! great advice though, thank swiy!

9. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This might be an older thread but swim wanted to reply anyway. A small dose of Adderall will help beat the nods. Adderall comes in 5, 10, 15, 20, and 30mg doses but 5mg should be enough to do the trick without completely overiding the opiate effects. Anymore might be like speedballing and bad for the heart. I find the 5mg dose of Adderall not to take too much away from her opiate medication but enough to keep from falling out. If I do not have anything else on hand, then she has found 3-4 tablets of NO2 (a hemodilator with stimulating properties) to help and it also lasts for about 12 hours.

10. sheche

sheche Newbie

Reputation Points:
    49 y/o from U.S.A.
    First off I agree that why would you want beat the nods. You (or they) should try methadone nods:crazy . They are the best, Swim thinks. But if you have to work without falling asleep standing up, as I have done, than caffene or stackers do help.

11. Klaus

Klaus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am lucky ? as he never gets the NODS even with large doses in fact just the oposite even with large doses of Dia morph. Any other rats find this ?

12. sheche

sheche Newbie

Reputation Points:
    49 y/o from U.S.A.