1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Oral use - Best way to take phenibut?

Discussion in 'Nootropics' started by sonnyblack793, Dec 28, 2011.

1. sonnyblack793

sonnyblack793 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from earth
    Hi,

has anybody an idea whats the best way to take phenibut? i have the powder and no gelantine caps.

i head that snorting is painful but it would kick better with a lower dose than oral.

whats the best way to take it as a powder? can you mix it with a drink or is the taste too bad?

2. JfromM

JfromM Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Not sure if you figured it out yet (or got gelatin caps)..........

But, I take it via Toss 'n Wash. Actually, reverse Toss 'n wash.

Take a sip of water, and hold it in your mouth. Take the phenibut dose and put it on a folded piece of paper or something. Hold your head back, dump it into your mouth that has the water, and immediately swallow. If done right, you shouldn't taste the phenibut at all.

This method works great for all sorts of things (powdered kava extract, kratom, etc)

3. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    taste isn't really all that bad just take it with grapefruit juice or something sweet and you'll hardly notice it.

On a side note it takes several hours for the stuff to kick in so DO NOT re-dose for awhile after you've taken your first dose otherwise you are going to experience some of the worst drunken spins in your life and be vomiting over and over again for about 12 hours..from personal experience.

4. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Edit:

Sorry, I misread the substance involved and was thinking of Phenazapam, which is a whole other can of worms. I doubt it's that necessary to get an MG scale for this stuff.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  5. Dr. Chocoholic

Dr. Chocoholic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Most bulk powders should come with a 150 or 300mg scoop. 500mg is probably a good starting dose. Just mix with some soda, juice, or something sweet (never milk or anything too thick). As long as enough liquid is used, the taste shouldn't be too bad. For some people the taste of the powder by itself is very tart and unpleasant so this is why mixing in water is not advised

6. Zerix

Zerix Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    THIS. Exactly the same way I do it. But yea, it doesn't taste too bad, a little bitter and sour, SWIM kinda likes it actually. Or just mix in a juice.

Snorting is NOT recommended, simply because the dummy is gonna burn his nose off :p

7. FenixDelta753

FenixDelta753 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you can get your hand on some caps, I'd use those. I've been able to fit about a gram per capsule if I fill them up completely. This way I can dose them through out the day at school in-between classes and they seem to hit me way better than when I just mix with water. This stuff has literally changed my life completely for the better. I hope it works just as well for you!

8. horseman1

horseman1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hi, yes you can snort phenibut, try mixing a 3 to 1 mixture of inositol (Pure crystal form) and phenibut. start with 20mgs phenibut with 60mgs inositol.. little to no burn or sour taste. be safe start small and work your way up. do not use phenibut daily, as tolerance builds quickly....2 or 3 days on....then 2 to 3 days off. also check out the medical benefits of Inositol, This combinatin is not only a great buffer, but the two together are very synergenic
    Regards Horseman1

9. st3phend3dalus

st3phend3dalus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Why the hell would you SNORT PHENIBUT? The pain you will experience in burning is not worth the 10 minutes faster it hits you. In fact you'll probably be in too much pain to even notice it is working. Just use the toss and wash method as the poster above mentioned.

Also, be CAREFUL with phenibut. You can become physically addicted to it VERY EASILY, so treat it like a strong benzodiazepine such as xanax. The withdrawals are HELL from what I have heard.

Be safe, and good luck.

10. QuiteFrankly

QuiteFrankly Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from U.S.A.
    I personally can recommend one way. It may be difficult the first time, but you should get it.

It's called Parachuting. "Parachuting is a method of swallowing drugs by rolling or folding powdered or crushed drugs in a piece of toilet paper (or other similar paper) to ingest while avoiding the taste of the chemical.[1] It is sometimes called a "snow bomb", especially if using cocaine."

I do it with about 5G of powder and it works. I put it in my throat and down it with water very quickly. It works like a charm!

Good luck to you.

11. Tech House

Tech House Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I really appreciate this tip for combining the two chemicals and I'll try it next time I take phenibut. It makes sense on both levels you mentioned, for the flavor combo and for the synergy. I love the taste of inositol.

In reply to the OP, snorting sounds horrific! I've popped phenibut into my mouth as a powder and it burned my throat because I wasn't able to wash it down fast enough (yes, I'm stupid sometimes.) So its effect on mucous membranes would be even less fun.

As to the addictive nature of phenibut, I'll add my testimony --- it's highly addictive, not because it gets you high and you crave it like a typical recreational drug, but more because of habituation and dependence. I can take phenibut for a while and not feel like I'm on anything, I don't notice its effects much at all. But then if I go without it for 24 hours after taking it regularly for a while, I experience gradually increasing agitation, irritability, and restlessness, which would probably blow up into much worse symptoms but I always respond by taking another dose of phenibut. In other words, I'm addicted to it. There are no life-damaging consequences, in fact I think it's having a positive effect on my quality of life and functioning, but if I were to go without it for a few days I'd probably be in my own private hell as so many others have experienced.

12. Man5onite

Man5onite Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    I just mix it with a big glass of water and drink it quickly.
    It's very acidic so I use about 2.5dl of water to mix no more than 1500mg of phenibut.
    At any higher concentration it makes me gag.

I also brush my teeth right after I drink it, because I'm worried about the effect the acidic nature of phenibut may have on my teeth.
    It also removes the taste.

13. Sovereignty

Sovereignty Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Personally, I find phenibut dissolved in water to leave a staining taste on the tongue. What works well for me is dissolving my dose into a shot of liquor and dropping it real quick, then chasing it with a cup of fruit juice or soda.

14. kevykev93

kevykev93 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hello, I am very eager to try your combo for a no-burn Phenibut snuff (so-to-speak). I have been seeking out the perfect buffer for adjusting pH to use with my Phenibut for some time now with no success. I have tried pure baking soda, Resveratrol (only slightly diminished the burn), potassium, sodium, and calcium. Inositol seems like it would be a great combo with Phenibut powder. My question: Is there any reason why the inositol has to be in pure CRYSTAL form?
    I ask because I can only find crystal form in capsules and it is way overpriced and made by a brand that I'm not too fond of. I can, however, get pure Inositol powder for MUUCH cheaper. So... would (equally pure) Inositol powder work at all?

15. Anders123

Anders123 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Having tried snorting it, I wouldn't recommend it. It absolutely kills, feels like your nose is burning and it doesn't go away quickly like some other things either. Stings your nose for hours and gives you nosebleeds.

As for taking it orally, I'm growing concerned with how fast my enamel is eroding after a few months of use. I'm going to start putting it in caps.
    The only reason I take it orally is because I lift my tongue up and let some of the Phenibut water slosh under there. I feel some effects the moment it hits my mouth, like any grogginess from waking up is immediately gone. I think in caps it'll be much slower to feel, might not be as strong as my partial sublingual method.