1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Other - Better to do heroin on a full or empty stomach?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Charolastra, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Charolastra

Charolastra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim is doing heroin for her first time today and has not had anything to eat yet. She is wondering if doing heroin on an empty stomach would be okay?

2. china cat

china cat

Reputation Points:
    If it's good gear swiy is going to be violently throwing up whatever.

Have fun.

3. Solinari

Solinari Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Heroin should not be taken orally, it is very ineffective that way. Don't eat smack, smoking it would be the best bet for first time user. Please take great care, when smoking it, the effects should be apparent almost immediately, this is good for adding small doses, just make sure it is small amounts till there is better understanding of what can be tolerated.

Heroin isn't a drug to play around with and frankly it sounds like some one doesn't know what they are doing.

4. Dionne

Dionne Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Solinari--
    I don't think the post was about injesting heroin.
    I think the question meant should SWIY eat or not BEFORE using the heroin.
    Swiy didn't specify the ROA.
    Does anyone know the answer??
    I am curious too

5. ksara

ksara Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A heroin addict I know would not eat for a while before using because he wanted to have all his blood stream dedicated to the heroin (ingesting or chasing the dragon rather than digesting food). He swore that the hit was stronger on an empty stomach. He alSo told me that there was less chance of vomiting, though he rarely did that.

KS

ksara added 284 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

BTW by ingesting above I mean injecting not eating

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  6. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    eating heroin=waste.

I'm not positive, but a nice neutral snack like a sandwich or some kind of bread would be a good idea. This way swiy's not puking up stomache acid, which isn't too nice on the throat. And dryheaving is a thousand times worse than puking shit up.

As for absorbtion, it shouldn't matter unless you eat it. IV skips just about everything except the liver (some gets past it), insufflation goes from nasal cavity to bloodstream, and smoking goes from lung to blood. Each method skips the stomach/intestines where it would be absorbed orally, so by getting around the intestines absorbtion rate should be the same. Possibly metabolism, blood pressure and the sort would effect it, but I'm not entirely sure on that too. But it makes sense to me.

7. deltakilo

deltakilo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM always eats enough to not feel hungry, but not so much that he would have any trouble working out or going for a run. SWIM takes phenergan if he gets nauseous, 15-20 mins later he's back to flying... plus the phenergan adds a little punch :)

8. BrownStreakRailroad

BrownStreakRailroad Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM could be starving and his stomach rumbling but he will not eat a thing until he has had a smoke, not sure if its better for ya or what to eat first or not, its just he cannot manage to munch without gear.

9. dyingtomorrow

dyingtomorrow R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    SWIM thinks it's probably better on a semi-empty stomatch. You can eat lightly before doing heroin, but SWIM does not recommend eating a huge meal before heroin. SWIM has thrown up many a half-digested meal when he's done this. After you shoot up or however you do it, it is fine to eat. That's the only time SWIM eats really anyways.

10. MsBrownstone

MsBrownstone

Reputation Points:
    If you've never done it before, chances are that you're going to vomit. Thats just the cost of business. Personally, I would rather have something in my stomache to throw up rather than dry heaving and coughing up bile all night. Maybe you'll want to have some toast and gingerale or something.

11. fair_gamble88

fair_gamble88 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM prefers to not eat a thing before then munch out while high... it's like the munchies, cant get enough until he cant stand up to get more haha

12. DarbyWay

DarbyWay

Reputation Points:
    SWIM would recommend eating something light 2-3 hours before. It's their first time, and they're going to throw up, especially if they're using the IV method. And puking half-digested Sprite and strawberries is much preferred to painful dry heaves.

13. goatmilk

goatmilk

Reputation Points:
    Swim found it best when taking probiotic powder and a light meal enhanced the effect