Better ways to use methadone?

Discussion in 'Methadone' started by Orchid_Suspiria, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Orchid_Suspiria

Orchid_Suspiria Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o
    I am very low on methadone,one forty milligram biscuit left to be exact.Now I am not sure when he can get more and will get sick when he runs out.I was wanting to know if there is any way he can use a little bit of this at a time to make it last but still make it work.Crushing it up and snorting it is not that effective because it burns and makes him sneeze.Any other ideas?

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Assuming that I am under the care of a physician, I should call same and get a refill on his/her medication. Failing that - if I get sick - I should go to the hospital and ask for assistance. If I did something illegal regards why he is running low, he can expect a good spanking in the process. But, in the last analysis, the doctor's are there to help SWIM. Such is the Hypocratic Oath: "Do No Harm."

3. Dr.Jones

Dr.Jones Newbie

Reputation Points:
    98 y/o
  4. brown_chunx

brown_chunx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Everything is better oral (next to IV of course), as it is absorbed into the body safer, and lasts longer. Don't get swim wrong, he's had his share of tooting things (try everyday for three years), but after many nosebleeds and eventually a fucked up nose that doesn't get much air through it, he regrets it.

I thought 10mg was the highest methadone went. I'm definatly no expert though.

5. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Try dissolving the tablet in water and dripping it gradually under you's tongue for sublingual absorption. Adding a bit of baking soda might aid absorption (at minimum making it faster).