bit worried about a mate of mine...

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by billyloner, Jul 3, 2005.

1. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    hes been taking pills and coke every week for a couple of months, really caning it, grinding the pills up and doing lines of pills and coke and stuff. problem is, this week hes been totally spun out, on the edge, getting panic attacks and acting really weird. went to the pub last night and he wouldnt sit with us, spent an hour on the slot machine then left cos he couldnt cope with being there.

has anyone any experience of anything similar, be it them or their friends? and can you recommend anything to help? we've just told him to get plenty of sleep and try not to have any alcohol, but im wondering if theres anything else to suggest. hes got a doctors appointment thursday so hopefully he may be able to do something, but im not sure theres much that can be done except to wait and itll be better in time...

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    You know the old addage about being able to lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink? This is where you are. I am glad your buddy has an appointment with a doctor. With a bit of luck and caring, he will knock off his new hobby before he flies out of his shoes - or worse. Tell him that you care and want him to get better. If he tells you to go to hell, say it again. You message has been delivered.

Good luck!

3. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    yeah i just hope hes honest with the doc... he isnt a very 'expressive' person either, so he finds it difficult to talk about whats going off... i might email him at work tomorrow, sometimes its easier to say stuff when you just gotta write it down.

4. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Take your time over that email dude, make it personal.

5. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Whats the point of going to the doc? Scoring some benzos?

6. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Sounds like he's going into a period of drug-induced psychosis. The obvious solution is for him to stop taking so many drugs - the question is why does he need to? It could be a long-haul for you but if you can identify and address his real problems (not easy I know), then that will remove his addictive behaviourand everything else will follow.

7. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    i dont really know why he needs to, i think its because he likes getting 'wrecked' (i know e isnt really about getting wrecked for me, but i think it is for him) and hes just gone over the top with it... and drink doesnt help. ive been in similar situations myself at university - goto the pub, get pissed, then get home and see a couplas pills lying about or something. with self-control destroyed by booze its oh so easy to indulge...

i think going to the doc might just help him, talking to a stranger and all that. at the very least he may advise him to cut back on the booze (hes already stopped drugs and is almost anti-drugs now) and might get him something to help him sleep a bit better or something... though he says hes been feeling a bit better this week.