1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - bk-DMBDB

Discussion in 'Beta-Ketones' started by enquirewithin, Jun 8, 2009.

1. enquirewithin

enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    1-(benzo[d][1,3]dioxol-5-yl)-2-(dimethylamino)butan-1-one
    bk-DMBDB (or DiButylone)

There is not much information about this material yet. It would be expected that it will be something like bk-MBDB in effect and will be active.
    [imgl=red]http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8978&stc=1&d=1244437890[/imgl]

There are some scant and contradictory reports:

In terms of dose, bk-MBDB is probably less potent than methylone (if not in effects). There is conjecture that, as N,N-dimethyl versions of phenethylamines have lower potency, this would be less potent by weight than bk-MBDB. The quotes about it's psychedelic effects seem less like than that it is a fairly mild stimulant, judging from other bk's in use.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  2. FormulaRed

FormulaRed

Reputation Points:
    Bk-DMBDB had an estimated effect on autonomous, central nervous system, uptake of dopamine, serotonin and get, immediately after administration. On the other hand not comparable with either the Mephedrone or Methylone.

On some noted reports I found that EUPHORIC trends could not be realized completely, CERVICAL change, and also generated HALLUCINATIONS directly related to LSD, LSA, DMT, or ketamine. Overall, bk-DMBDB had characteristic similarities of a stimulant.

The current bk-DMBD is not suitable for recreational use of people at all in its current form. Possible combination with Mephedrone and Methylone also strongly.

3. enquirewithin

enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the information. Is any of this from SWIY's personal experience?

4. FormulaRed

FormulaRed

Reputation Points:
    Yes. What else I found in a another forum was... The dibutylone was put on the market to oppose the ban of the butylone in certain countries. Therefore the dibutylone is modified butylone to pass besides the laws in certain countries.

5. enquirewithin

enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    Which part is from SWIYs experience? It would be good to have some hints about dosages. Bk-MBDB/ Butylone needs a somewhat higher dose than methylone and it's speculated that this is less potent.

Did SWIY experience any effects "like LSD, etc"?

6. Terrapinzflyer

Terrapinzflyer MDMA, RC & News Forums

Reputation Points:
    ahhh...confusion...

this one has also been marketed as bk-MMBDB and m-butylone.

This has also shown up in Rise in number of 'legal highs' having been identified in products in Finland. ECMDDA / Europol has identified it as: DiButylone or bk-MMBDB (2-dimethylamino-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-butan-1-one)

Anyone able to root through the noise here and put the pieces together????

7. enquirewithin

enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    I started the thread an utterly confused by the nomenclature. It has been written about on other forums-- its not going to change the world.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  8. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I tested dibutylone with 56mg start dose + 87mg at T+3h, 56mg had very mild stimulative effects (if any, I was tired, but after a while I was not so tired), 87mg boost had clear effects already, mostly stimulative ones. I am somewhat sensitive to stimulants and empathogens, so for some people this amount might not be enough. For me it was quite nice, clear and positively mild stimulation without any negative side effects so far. It can have also empathogenic effects, at least I found myself more attentative to my friends talks and feeling more open to their stories, but further tests are needed. I would say the threshold dosage lies in the range of 50-70mg for me, 87mg had clear effects (although it was on top of 56mg so this may affect). I was able to get sleep at around T+10h, so it was about 7h after the boost, if I tried I could have probably gone to sleep already an hour earlier, the effects began to fade already around T+7h, so about 4h after the booster dose.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  9. Vaya5

Vaya5 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Here's my experience.

10. HeavenlyResearch

HeavenlyResearch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Have played around with this one a little. Having used butylone in he past was curious about this.. very dissapointing really.

Oral and nasally tested. Oral seems to give some nice brains zaps which dont feel terrible but its not what you should be feeling if your ingesting a stim, and the stimulation is actually very much lacking. Nasal is better to avoid zaps but even though it doesn't feel bad goin up its very hard on the nose which is noticably sore after a night of continuous 50mg bumps. Not much strong urge to redose because it gives such a weak performance unless its the only thing laying around. This chem seemed to have potential at first glance but actually leaves so much more to be desired . It gives a nice euphoric stoning effect but thats not enough to make it worth pursuing more that once. Overall recommend to not waste your time this one seems a bit far off the beaten path to be sensible there is much better stuff to explore.

11. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    After some testing I can make my conclusion about this one:
    - rather weak, saturation point of effects around 300mg that is equivalent of perhaps 50mg of mdma, though with slightly more stimulation
    - no side effects at those dosages
    - for sensitive people it might be an option

50-100mg threshold
    100-200mg light effects
    200-300mg light-medium effects.. end of story, this will not be an mdma-replacement.