Drug info - BLOTTERS CONTAINING 2c-c on DEA website

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by Pinkavvy, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I has seen these a few times.

here's the text -
    LSD BLOTTER ACID MIMIC CONTAINING 4-CHLORO-2,5 DIMETHOXY
    PHENETHYLAMINE (2C-C) IN WASHINGTON COUNTY, OREGON

The Oregon State Police Portland Metro Laboratory (Clackamas) recently received five small, rectangular pieces of card stock with black print on both sides, apparent LSD “blotter acid” but submitted as an unspecified “controlled substance/chemical”. The exhibit was seized by the Washington County Sheriff’s Office (circumstances unknown; Washington County is in the northwest quadrant of Oregon). The pieces were about 1.6 x 2 centimeters and were further divided into four smaller areas (each about 0.9 x 1 centimeters). Each area had “2C-C” printed on one side and portions of what appeared to be organic synthesis instructions on the reverse (see Photos 6 and 7). 2C-C is an informal abbreviation for 4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxy-phenethylamine, a hallucinogenic phenethylamine. The synthetic instructions were determined to have been taken verbatim from PIHKAL (Phenethylamines I Have Known and Loved, by Shulgin and Shulgin, pps. 509 510). Analysis by UV and GC/MS confirmed 4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (2C- C, also commonly named as 2,5 dimethoxy-4-chlorophenethylamine). The identification was based on comparison with the spectrum found in “Tryptamines and other Psychotropic (Mind Altering) Substances” [2004 AAFS Meeting - Workshop #5], and was not verified due to the lack of a reference standard. The sample was not quantitated; however, the concentration was judged to be much greater than typical LSD loadings, based on the chromatography. This is the first known submission of 4-chloro-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine to the Oregon State Police.

and here's the link with pictures (copy and paste link)-

www. usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg1105/mg1105.html

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
    1. 3/5,
      very interesting news, I enjoyed this thread
      Jan 8, 2006
  2. sg43

sg43 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Very interesting, would like to know what he got charged with considering it was properly represented with even a synthesis on the back!

3. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    Isn't the dose of 2c-c to high to put on a blotter?

4. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    These might be the blotters that are held together by glue, in which case a dose of 2c-c could easily fit.
    Also i think most poeple have no problem with eating multiple tabs to achieve results.

5. glogga

glogga Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well thats a 1.6 x 2.0 cm peice of paper you gotta eat, with glue or whatever to hold it, and how many mg of 2c-c do you get?

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    It sounds like insult to injury. Bongo found that 2-CC made him run out his ass all the next day with no good effects preceeding the purge. That was 40mg. If Bongo had to eat a big hunk of paper to get that - Bongo would have been a tad miffed!

7. illuminati boy

illuminati boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    ^ Well if they do, they better do an equally effective job of accurately representing the compound and the dosage… we don’t need a repeat of all the DOM ER casualties…

I B

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  8. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    those 2C blotters are proper marked and back of sheet contains the relevant Shulgin page. thats alot of material to digest ;-)

9. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm terribly sorry for bongo...daryll loves the stuff!

10. illuminati boy

Reputation Points:
    Some Pictures.

Since a picture is worth a 1,000 words... here go 2,000 (courtesy of the DEA/US Taxpayers).

I B

Attached Files:

11. mixmike007

mixmike007 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the 2c-c is in my opinion diluted in a solvent, but once deposited on the blotter; shouldn't it become again with the solid form?

12. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    mixmike it was not diluted into solvent and soak into paper, as there wouldn't be enough space. these are 'sandwich' style blotters where the chemical is adhesed with a nontoxic glue between two sheets of paper. in the pictures above there is a pic with 5 peices of this blotter. each of those 5 peices is 4 full doses. at least, that's been the case when I has seen those styles of blotters with 2c-i and other things throughout the year.

13. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Of course they should me correctly represented. Were the DOM er cases caused by DOM on blotter, or in pills? I thought they were in pills because one or two DOM blotter if dosed properly shouldnt be enough to send someone to the ER. but ten might!

14. illuminati boy

Reputation Points:
    ^While most of the DOM ‘casualties’ were from pills, the main problem was not just the dose (which was too much) but the delayed onset time. People would dose, not notice any effects after a while and then stack doses thinking that they had gotten weak LSD.

The same problem could happen with DOx as a blotter. Someone takes a tab… nothing… then takes 4 more etc. and is all of a sudden in for a real shitty 24 hours.

Also, if someone takes way too much LSD there is little risk with regard to physical safety… the same cannot be said of DOx compound and certainly not of 5-MeO-AMT.

I B

15. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Yes indeed that is true. I have no problem with dox substances appearing on blotter becuse honestly DOC is a magical chemical but still doesnt come close to touching LSD. I dont see why anyone in their right mind would put DOB and DOI on blotter but there are crazy people in this world. It probably has to do with the cost of production and profit margin because one DOB blotter could be just .75mg and you would need to put a bit more on a DOC blotter to make it worth while.

Laying onto blotter is a good way to accurately measure doses but people are just trying to make a quick buck and since dox compounds feel a lot like lsd they are more than willing to sell it as lsd. bad idea. Like you said, these chemicals take much longer to kick in than lsd and are toxic at much lower doses. Someone could take a entire sheet of lsd blotter and probably the dose still probably would not be toxic. Lots of acid users take 10+ hits at a time and 10 hits of DOX would definitely be a high risk dose.

Whoever made the 2c-c blotter obviously did not try to misrepresent it. Each hit is pretty big and it is clearly labeled as 2c-c. I have also seen a pic on the forums of some DON blotter from Russia which is also properly labeled. I would not be mad at all if someone sold him some DON blotters that were properly labeled with the dose. I have also heard of DOI blotter that said DOI 750ug. SWIM also heard this on the forums. The only thing is though some people really dont have a clue what DOI is and would just take a few hits thinking DOI might just be the name of the acid. You never know.

Now why dont they label X tabs? Hehe if someone makes a good tab they just need to make a press that says "MDMA 150mg". Screw a blue dolphin, red tulip, pink whatever, red something or a nother, orange little bit of mda with mostly caffiene, yellow this tab sucks it. DAMN it would even be a good idea to label hits of acid. If someone really wanted it to be known that their shit is the bomb they just need to put how many ug is in it. WOULDNT THAT BE NICE?!?!? You get a hit and it is labeled "200ug lsd." :) Of course then there would be those people who start mislabeling and claming their hits are more powerful.

Ohh well its all about money now days. Dealers will give you whatever makes them the most money, weather its strong lsd, weak lsd, DOB, DOC, whatever is most available to them. DAMN SWIM SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALIVE IN THE 60s. He hears all these stories about people being given thousands of mics of lsd. were those the days or what?

16. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I has seen most rc's in blotter form over the last couple years