1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

USA - ‘Blue Fairy’ in 'White Trash Clan' pro-painkiller rap video busted by undercover cops

Discussion in 'Weird News' started by Rob Cypher, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Rob Cypher

Rob Cypher Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    [​IMG] That sure ain't fairy dust she's selling.

A woman who played a pill-popping pixie in a rap video glorifying prescription drug abuse was nabbed in a sweeping narcotics bust on Staten Island, cops said.

Spritely Sharissa Turk was among 32 people collared on the borough's South Shore this week during an undercover operation that netted oodles of opiates, cocaine and other narcotics.

The 22-year-old enchantress sold Oxycodone to undercover cops on three separate occasions, police said.
    On Wednesday, she was hauled off in handcuffs from the Edible Arrangements on Victory Blvd., where she works, and charged with criminal sale of a controlled substance.

Prior to her appearance in Staten Island Criminal Court Thursday, Turk starred as a winged blue fairy in a music video by the hip-hop group White Trash Clan.

Their song "My World is Blue," a reference to the color of choice prescription pills, proclaims Staten Island a "pain killer paradise" and shows drug-addled scenes of people crushing and snorting Oxycodone and parading through Duane Reade drug stores. (link to video included on webpage; will try to upload here as well if possible)

Throughout the video Turk is seen clad in a blue tutu and wings and prancing about with a wand and crushed up pill dust.

During the bust on Staten Island, cops seized some 595 Oxycodone, 300 Vicodin, 300 Xanax, 250 grams of cocaine and 209 glassines of heroin from 12 different drug locations. Police also recovered three handguns and a shotgun.

FEBRUARY 14, 2013

(pictured: Sharissa Turk as ‘Blue Fairy’ in 'My World Is Blue' rap video by the Staten Island rap group 'White Trash Clan')

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/blue-fairy-rap-video-arrested-article-1.1264747#ixzz2L08kUu2A

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Re: ‘Blue Fairy’ in 'White Trash Clan' pro-painkiller rap video busted by undercover

Almost posted a similar news article on this story! haha. Anyway, I think I'll check out the video on YouTube. Here is a similar article that provides some more detail about this story:

'Blue Fairy' Arrested in New York Drug Bust

A 22-year-old woman who dressed like a fairy-winged Tinkerbell for an online rap video about prescription drug abuse was peddling more than pixie dust, say New York City police.

Sharissa Turk was one of 32 people arrested this week in an operation that targeted what authorities called a "loosely affiliated" network of drug dealers on Staten Island.

Turk sold Oxycodone to an NYPD undercover officer on three separate occasions, police said. Turk, who was arrested Thursday at the Edible Arrangements store where she works, was charged with three counts of criminal sale of a controlled substance in the third degree.

As part of the investigation police seized Oxycodone, Vicodin, Xanax, heroin and cocaine, along with guns and $17,000 cash from a dozen different locations.

Turk appears in a YouTube video by White Trash Clan titled "My World is Blue" dancing in a blue tutu and fairy wings and carrying a wand. She blows pixie dust at the camera and mimes drug use. The video, posted in July 2012, shows people dancing in parking lots and pharmacies with giant cutouts of blue pills and rhapsodizing about prescription drug abuse: "I can stop when I want to / I'm not addicted / I don't take pills / crush and sniff it / Blue is my world in this life how I live it / Come out to Staten Island, pay a little visit."

On Thursday, viewers of the video were clearly aware of the arrest, and posted abusive comments. "Good job you idiots!" said one. "Way to advertise. Now you're really blue."

Someone using the YouTube account from which the video was first posted responded to the critics. "Yo .. . we did this video to raise awareness of a serious problem on Staten Island. I ain't touched one of those pills in years. Peace."

The video ends with a message on the screen that says, "The White Trash Clan does NOT encourage the use of drugs."

Article Here

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  3. runnerupbeautyqueen

runnerupbeautyqueen Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Denton, Texas (so basically Dallas)
    Re: ‘Blue Fairy’ in 'White Trash Clan' pro-painkiller rap video busted by undercover

Besides the 250 grams of cocaine they really didn't have that much. A couple hundred pills and as I'm on the west coast I don't know what the weight of a "glassine bag" of heroin is. Maybe my East coast friends can enlighten me?

When this story was done the video had about 8k views. Today it's up to 24.5k. Great publicity for them even though the only person from the video who was arrested was the fairy.

How many times can an undercover officer buy drugs from someone before its considered entrapment? I don't see why they needed to wait until the 3rd time. It's not like you build up trust with a dealer that quickly to go from a piddly amount to a scarface amount within the course of 3 buys.

And did they really need to arrest her at work? Sounds like the cops just wanted to be dicks and make sure that the only way she can ever make money again is to sell drugs since she's now out of work an unemployable. I hope the cops are proud of themselves for taking down a 100 lb little woman "drug lord."

edit: Just wondering what the link is between the rappers and anonymous? Are they affiliated? Judging strictly by what I see in the video it wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  4. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from United States

Presumably they wanted to establish that she was a routine dealer so that the charges (and any punishment should she be convicted) are commensurate with her actual role in this conspiracy. Since they made over 30 arrests maybe they were also fishing for evidence that led them to other people involved? I don't really see how entrapment comes into it - there's no indication that she was coerced into doing something that was out of character.

If you're going to pick someone up then their place of work is usually the most reliable place to do it. People aren't always at home in the mornings or evenings but they're going to be at work. Most cops also work the day shift so it stands to reason that it's best use of police time to attempt to make the arrest while she's at work. Sure it's humiliating for her and I'm sure the cops don't mind that one bit, but there are logistical reasons that go beyond cops being assholes just for the hell of it.

She's an adult that knowingly partook in felony distribution of controlled substances, and she got busted. Nobody has claimed her to be a drug lord, but she did break the law. The cops are just doing their job. And let's not start with positive discrimination. The crime is the same regardless of whether it is committed by a cute little white lady or a burly balding 40 year old mexican.

5. Rob Cypher

Rob Cypher Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Staten Island Rapper Says Police Misinterpreted Drugs Video

Earlier this week, the New York police arrested 32 people on charges of selling prescription drugs, other types of drugs and guns on Staten Island.

In a news release, the police prominently featured a music video by the White Trash Clan, Staten Island rappers who were apparently enjoying and praising prescription pills in their song “My World Is Blue.” Set partly in drugstores, the video shows the performers snorting and otherwise consuming a variety of pills, aided by a blue-winged fairy.

“Crush and sniff it,” one of the rappers suggested. “Blue is my world in this life how I live it, come out to Staten Island, pay a little visit.”

The woman who plays the fairy, Sharissa Turk, 22, was among those arrested. But her fiancé, Daniel Haley, 27, who rapped on and produced the song, told the Web site Gothamist on Saturday that the police had misinterpreted the group’s work. It was unclear whether anyone else featured in the video was arrested.

The rapper, known professionally as Incite Da Riot, said the crew was “not glorifying pill use” but instead showing its dangers. Mr. Haley was himself once addicted to prescription pills, he told the Web site, and would never promote them. He said:

“The video was made to show the downfall of drug users, and bring attention to the epidemic that every Staten Islander is fully aware of. We thought, ‘Let’s take a risk, let’s address something that’s really serious.’”

He also defended Ms. Turk, saying that while she did take pills, she was not a drug dealer. The police said earlier this week she had sold Oxycodone to undercover officers on three occasions.

Feb 16, 2013

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2...s-police-misinterpreted-drugs-video/?src=recg

6. rickster999

rickster999 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

There was actually almost 1,200 pills involved. Moral of story, don't make a music video which obviously promotes drug use (I watched the video, they are full of shit) then sell them. There were 32 people involved, so the depth of her involvement remains to be seen, besides the three deals she made. Hopefully, she isn't in too much trouble.

7. babalooj

babalooj Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o from New York, U.S.A.

I live here in staten island and oxycodones (blues) are considered a huge problem here, and they seriously are. So many people are addicted to them it's become a common thing. Lately the police have been comin down hard on drugs here, mostly the oxys and alprazolam everyone is on, but even on the pot.
    So this bust is considered a great victory against drugs here