1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Oral use - Blue Lotus 50X Extract; How To Use?

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by KieranA001, Oct 24, 2013.

1. KieranA001

KieranA001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o from U.K.
    Now, I just brought 3.5g of 50X extract of Blue Lotus. How do I use it and how much do I need to use to get a psychedelic effect ?

If not a psychedelic effect, at least a good effect. I want an effect where I'm still able to know what I'm doing and where it doesn't notice that much if I were to go out.

I've heard that alcohol gives the best effect, but what if I don't have access to alcohol. Don't get me wrong I'm 18 I just don't have any ID, of valid ID for that matter.

Anyway, and suggestions. I was thinking about making a tea, but should I leave the 50X extract in the water overnight in the fridge and then boil the water and the extract up in a saucepan ? As longs as the alkaloids go into my body I will still get the same effect, right ? Or are they ONLY active in alcohol ?

Anyway, how much and how do I use it ?

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Blue lotus is a mild sedative, you are not likely to get a psychedelic effect from it.
    Most extracts, especially those sold in head shops or legal high sites are either very weak or completly bunk.

People usually mix the blue lotus into some wine, or make a tea from it.
    Have you searched this forum for threads on blue lotus?
    When you are on the main page of the ethnobotanicals section go to the top right of the page and click on 'search this forum' then in the drop down box type blue lotus and click the box that says 'search titles only'

3. KieranA001

KieranA001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o from U.K.
    I have been looking through the site but I cannot find any of the topics related that contain my questions. :/

KieranA001 added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Do much do I need to use out of the 3.5g ? :)

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  4. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Try a gram, give it an hour and if you dont feel anything you could try more.
    Dont expect too much.

5. KieranA001

KieranA001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o from U.K.
    Thanks, I don't expect much but am hoping if it do be more of a noticeable experience seen as it's 50X! If not I will just try and make a tincture out of the extract by using the least amount of alcohol as possible, just enough the soak the extract which I will leave for a couple of weeks.

What if I took two bags, would I feel much then ? :D

KieranA001 added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Do you know what alcohol I should get, isn't it grain alcohol ? Can I buy it online ?

Thanks. :) I did try and find my answer but I couldn't find it.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  6. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    50X means nothing, its just a marketing gimmick.

I cant tell you if you will feel anything with 20 bags, try it at 1 gram and see yourself.
    There is no point in making a tincture as it is alread an extract and the chances are you would have to drink the entire tincture anyway.

Either just eat it, mix it with some juice or into a glass of wine.

7. KieranA001

KieranA001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o from U.K.
    Thanks, I will try it with 1 gram at first. Seen as I don't have any scales, how do I measure 1 gram. Would it be the same as a tablespoon ?

Thanks for your help, oh and can you suggest any good Ethnobotanicals that may be of interest to me ? I'm mainly looking for something that will make me a lot more sociable and talkative as I have low self-esteem and anxiety.

I feel that if I manage to get into the habit of being more social by using Ethnobotanicals, I can then just quit them and then be more confident on my own. My vision is messed up because of the anxiety, I think it's the anxiety anyway.

It seems to be hard to focus on one thing, and my vision is very spacy. It seems to not have any vividness to it and I'm pretty confused to an extent. Not debilitating but bad enough for me to forget what I ate 30 minutes ago. My long-term memory is okay though. I also get a lot of tingling in my feet and hands, with purple toenails and hypotention upon standing, but that mainly occurs in the summer when it's hot. Water helps a lot.

Anyway, thanks again for your help. I thought I'd ask you seen as you are a well known and respected guy on these forums. You seem like you know what you're doing. :)

KieranA001 added 11 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

I have heard that cutting sugars out of your diet helps but wouldn't that cause low blood sugar ?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  8. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    you need to buy a scale, a gram is a unit of mass, not volume. Spoons will not help.

If you want to know what is out there, do some research, there is a huge forum of info here.

We don't give medical advice, you need to see a doctor about issues like that.

9. KieranA001

KieranA001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o from U.K.
    Okay, I will buy a scale. :) I have done research but there are so many placebo's out there I don't what to end up wasting my money and seen as you more experienced people have tried them already I thought you'd tell me. I will take another look though. So far Kratom is the best thing I've tried, don't see how people can become addicted to it though.

And I have been to the doctor, more than enough times but all I get out of those people is to take an anti-depressant. They don't look into my symptoms and because I said I have anxiety they seem to get an impression that it's my anxiety giving me the symptoms.