1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Question - bluish marks developing over time on the stems of mushrooms.

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by imfeelingbetter, Apr 11, 2017.

1. imfeelingbetter

imfeelingbetter Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    hey, everyone.

this is my first post on the forum so please call me on breaking any of the posting rules if that happens.

I had approximately 6g of dried mushrooms. some of the stems have bluish-white marks developing on them. some of the stems had these marks at the time they received the mushrooms. is this an issue? after some research, swim concluded that the strain they have is likely beocystis, which I think is prone to developing such bluish marks.

let me know what you think and if you have any advice. I took approximately 1g of the mushrooms and found them to be decently potent, which beocystis isn't known to be, if I am correct.

I was planning on doing 3 or 4 grams of these mushrooms in approximately one month from now. (I has experience with 3g of mushrooms where they took 1g and then a couple hours took an additional 2g which they found to work very nicely, and also has experience taking a small dose of psilocybin with half a tab of acid which they also very much enjoyed. swim knows that taking 3 or 4g all at once will induce a different effect. opinions on that would be nice as well). if anyone could offer their opinion on that as well, that would be awesome. I think they should do 3g and leave the last gram for a random night camping a couple weeks down the line.

thanks,
    imfeelingbetter.

2. Lodewijkp

Lodewijkp Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    The blue stuff is oxidation caused by damage (handling). Unless it looks fluffy there would be no problem.

3. imfeelingbetter

imfeelingbetter Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    great! thanks.

4. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is the sort of thing brought up in any mushrooms 101 document. Have you spent much time researching this drug?

Also, go read the rules you had to read for three minutes when signing up, do not use SWIM.

5. imfeelingbetter

imfeelingbetter Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    yes, i have spent much time researching--im really interested in the therapeutic, ritualistic, and neuropsychological aspects of mushrooms; and i just wanted to double over and make sure that the blue marks weren't an issue. i thought it was from being handled/oxidation but wanted to double check w people that could reply specifically to the type of mushrooms i have.

also, my apologies for the use of "swim" -- im new to the forum and was confused about it. ill reread the guidelines. i saw some posts where people used it and wasn't clear on it. :)

6. DrFaust

DrFaust Newbie

Reputation Points:
    63 y/o from Kentucky, United States
    This is quite common from handling while the shrooms are still fresh. As said by previous poster if there is no fuzziness then you are good to go. Golden Teachers are notorious for turning blue upon handling.