Body load on salvia divinorum? (And a trip report)

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by rideburton56, Mar 16, 2006.

1. rideburton56

rideburton56 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim recently some free 10x salvia with another purchase at a head shop, and had a very interesting experience. About 3 pm after a night of drinking, swim and his friend, who have both smoked leaves and managed to pop through, decided to try this out. Swim sat in a very uncomfortable chair (mistake number 1 but this guy has a bad smoke room setup) in a full lit room. Swim smoked a good sized pinch out of a regular bowl, if i had to guess it was about .1 grams... put the bowl down and waited for something to happen... slowly his eyes started focusing off of the TV and on the room around him... mostly on corners, angles.... all of a sudden I felt like the very existence of planes (say an imaginary line extending from the arm of a chair to the wall) were boxing him in, and actually moving around, like a TV screen being cut into sections and then scrambled. I could have sworn for the entire trip he was in the same chair, but found himself in a different one after it ended. I would have to say that this was the closest thing to a bad trip he’s ever gotten of any hallucinogen, but it wasn’t too bad, swim just didn’t like the fact he was alone in the room. My friend, on the other hand, started laughing uncontrollably and laid down on a floor, where he came back from it and told swim that he was tripping out and running from the police in Miami... we were both disturbed but amused, probably because we weren’t expecting it.

Here is my main question though, what does salvia do exactly to the body as far as your heart and CNS? Erowid states increased perspiration is a downside of it, but I had never felt sweat like the sweat after he smoked this extract. both swim and his friend had change from jeans to shorts in the middle of winter (it was actually snowing outside and the window was open. this was by far the most uncomfortable part of the experience for me... swim worries that it raises the body temperature in a dangerous manner, all though this is purely speculation. anybody have any insight on this?

Forgive me If it seems that im knocking salvia, I plan on trying it again in a more comfortable setting, but it seems like the actual effects on the body might be overlooked, because the experience is such an enveloping one.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. scyrusurcys

scyrusurcys Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Cold sweats are very common with the use of Salvia. I know the uncomfort you talk about and can only believe that if it passes and doesn't return in the post-trip stage, then it's nothing to worry about. But that's my opinion.

It's obvious that the heart rate of the user will increase because of the lack of oxygen. Sensory nerves in the brain are triggered by Salvinorin-A and thus produces the sweat.

3. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have always experienced increased sweating with salvia and just assumed it was part of the feeling... Sweating, and the feeling of being sucked into the floor, then come the visions... Nothing to worry about! ;) BTW, I has never heard of a death from salvia, EVER....

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  4. dragonmage

dragonmage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    doesn't almost anything increase your heartrate?its probably as harmful as drinking a glass of mountain dew.:crazy (< :smoking: :snort: :mad: :snort: :smoking: (< :crazy

5. rideburton56

rideburton56 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I feel thats a bad comparison, because mountain dew is one of the worst foods I could ever put in his body. swim faced his fear and tried salvia agian, with great results, check the experiences.

6. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes, I can easily imagine a glass of mountain dew being more harmful to you than a bowl of strong extract.

7. joechip666

joechip666 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I think that the geometrical/gravitational anomolies are the most distinguishing characteristic of the salvia experience.
    I have had a sober sitter observe him while under the influence. Sitter felt his hands about 5 min into the trip and reported that they were slightly colder than usual. After 15 minutes, sitter reported that they were much warmer than usual.