Side effects - Body temperature fluctuations after pill ingestion

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by ramjet, Jun 26, 2006.

1. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Has anyone else (besides my friend) had (dirty) pills that have messed up with the body temperature. I have had some recently that make him cold one minute and hot the next, which makes him feel really uncomfortable. It almost felt like the physical symptoms of a fever or the flu, but not as bad. This was accompanied by cold sweat and tense muscles. I doubt the chemical causing this was MDMA. Anyone have any ideas what it is, and how to reduce these side effects should I experience them again?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2010
  2. mala_22

mala_22 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I remember the first time he took a pill sold as MDMA. About 30 mins in he and his girlfriend became extremely cold, they migrated to the bathroom where they sat and shivered violently, extremely cold for 10 mins, then in an instant, temperature was normal and everything exquisite as MDMA should be.

This was the one and only time this ever happened though, so i feel this was due to extra ingredients in the pill. Of course swim gets hot in a club though, but never cold now.

3. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    I haven't noticed any of that while rolling, but he did get hot flashes for about two weeks after his last pill (meth bomb BTW). Could have been due to some other reason he guesses.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Possibly, ramjet, this was PMA - which is known to screw up the body's ability to regulate temperature.

5. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    I has known people to have difficulty in regulating temperature whilst on mdma but normally by getting to hot or to cold not going from one to the other constantly though or having cold sweats. there temperature normally regulates after an hr or so

6. chronalon

chronalon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have had one experience of a change in body temp. This occured when I had apill with alot of other chemicals in it and it happened when I was coming down... i think your described situation happened because of other chemicals in My E

7. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    also it could be possible you had an illness at the time like a virus and the pills made it more difficult for your body to control the simptoms hence the cold sweats and changing from hot to cold. I said to me that he had a bug once but did not notice till they where out doing x and had simptoms like you discribed above the next day they where aware they where ill.

8. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIJ is fairly certain that MDMA has effects on the hypothalumus, which is partially responsible for temperature control: Therefore leading to screwy "temperature control issues" (as she always terms them, when the jumper goes on, and is then taken off, and the jumper goes on and then taken off! Repeat ad infinitum)

There is something here...

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/local_links.php?action=jump&id=510&catid=36

About the effects of MDMA on human thermoregulatory systems.

9. Zatrekan

Zatrekan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Swim and his friend had this their first time trying X. I would get extremely cold under the blanket and then hot but his hands and feet would be literally freezing. (This only happened while inside taking X, when outside, SWIM & his friend were perfect and carried on hr long conversations.) :)

10. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Jatelka is right and this phenomena does not only occur with MDMA. Typically during a fever, the hypothalmus has set the body's thermostat up by fooling it into thinking it is too cold. Shivering and the heat generated by muscles as well as heat from cellular metabolism consequently raise body temp. Also, sudden dilation of external blood vessels and / or low blood pressure can cause a quick shift in core body temp that can trigger chills.
    I find that cannabis can also cause one's hypothalamus to become overreactive to temperature shifts, and I have certainly experienced this more than once with phens and tryptamines. There are few things more unpleasant than uncontrolled shivering, and it's really hard to get the chills to stop once they start. This is different from a fever, which is a physical increase in body temp. Most often when I have checked, body temp is normal when it feels feverish or cold.
    That said, given the extremity of the reaction, I would be worried about PMA, but it could be from MDMA or other drugs.
    Snapper

11. fishinabottle

fishinabottle Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from american_samoa
    Hot and cold flushes are completely normal with stimulants, acid and also benzos and GHB. Well even with plain alcohol you can get it. Nothing special about this except that if one gets this often one should go to the doc to get an ECG under load, heart and bloodpressure checked.

12. Elicious

Elicious Newbie

Reputation Points:
    In need of XTC listings

Swim needs a listing of XTC listings, photos, mdma levels, are a must have. Swim perfers to know what she might possibly be taking, it relaxes him and gets rib of his tense.

13. SPWIM

SPWIM Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I get hot and cold flushes with pure MDMA powder.