Bodybuilding and Smoking

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by CountChristoph, May 16, 2007.

1. CountChristoph

CountChristoph Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    I am a dedicated weightlifter and once in awhile he will take a 2-3 week break from the weights. Recently while he was taking his break he got into Weed. I am getting baked 2 times a day and he loves it, but he found out that people lose weight while smoking and he asked his bodybuilding friends and they say it effects your "gains". I have even noticed he cannot lift as much when he is smoking it due to weight loss.

SWIM already gave up alcohal for this reason, are there are smokables SWIM can smoke for an alternative that does not have any effects on your metabalism or anything like that and sitll gives a nice peacefull high.
    I was considering maybe kratom but is not sure what it effects and its also very very expensive.

2. Br00klynB0y87

Br00klynB0y87 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Firstly I'd just like to state that every individual reacts differently to drugs. Not every1 experiences a weight lose while smoking marijuana, matter a fact marijuana usually has thee opposite effect. Swim actually finds marijuana useful for weight lifting as well as maintaining an appetite with his Kratom habit.

Swim as You describes themselves is also an athletic person who weight lifts/cardio regularly and most of the time smokes right before his work-out. Many of his friends either find it very difficult to do however in swim case it helps.

As far as considering to take Kratom, I would advise against since your trying to gain mass/muscle. In swims opinion Kratom done continuously over time contributes to a weight lose. Swim in his own experience has loss some weight as well as muscle since picking up a Kratom habit. Kratom in swims opinion tends to lead to a loss of appetite and he thinks would be a great weight loss alternative for some1 trying to lose weight. I am also aware that Kratom in some places is promoted as a tool for bodybuilding. This can be kind of misleading however in a way this does make sense, since Kratom besides containing opiate like qualities also has a stimulant side to it which is the reason why Thailand laborers took Kratom to begin with and were able to work long hard hours in the sun. However with less an appitite and a excess of energy this tends to lead to fatigue which is why one must watch when taking Kratom. Though swim never uses Kratom for working out purposes instead he only takes doses for the opiate like qualities.

As far as an alt, in swims opinion there really aren’t any that compare to marijuana. However some herbs that swim find enjoyable and would suggest are: Blue Lotus, Pedicularis densiflora, Wild Dagga (note that these all can be made into tea as well)... and again about Kratom, it is a wonderful herb with effects that range from a stimulant to a very real like opiate effect. If you consider to try it just remember that it may lead to a weight lose, so if your seriously trying to gain muscle/mass its probably best thing for you to do continuously if anything doing it very rarely seems like it would be fine. peace.

3. CountChristoph

CountChristoph Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    Thanks for the reply.

I would not blaze before working but perhaps before a meal, as bodybuilders/weightlifters have to eat big to get big.

Maybe he will try this for a few weeks and see how it works. If not ill look into those herbs You recomended.

4. svenghali

svenghali Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    Although this may not be placed in the correct thread, the topic is addressed here and so I'd like to pose a question I've been toying with. Smoking marijuana increases the appetite significantly, or at least adds more joy to eating. As a result of this, many people who smoke pot constantly also eat a lot of food, sometimes a lot of unhealthy food. SWIM, his friends and other people he knows that smoke a constant amount of pot are all rather skinny. Is this simply because of the lack of motivation perhaps all these people share to partake in physically intense activities? Or does the marijuana affect the speed of the metabolism or fat absorption in any way...