1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

bong high vs. pipe high

Discussion in 'Cannabis paraphernalia' started by kj_hash420, Jul 9, 2005.

1. kj_hash420

kj_hash420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from Canada
    i seem to get not so much a better high from a bong but a different highthan from apipe, it seems more intense but wears off faster than a pipe, with a pipe, it is a less intense high and lasts longer

do u get a different high from each method and if so, which do u like better?

2. GreyApple

GreyApple Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Actually yea I know what you mean I used you smoke with a pipe for just that reason so I could stay high longer, butwith giving up that more intense high that a bong would give you.

3. MescalinePirate

MescalinePirate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't notice any difference in length of time, but I most definately find a bong high to be more intense than a pipe high.

4. als5555

als5555 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    a bong is definately more intense, and a pipe can hurt a little more. so i say that all around a bong is better, but i also see that the point that a pipe lasts longer, so i got a bubbler pipe and usually like to do half with water and half without, that way by the timy u r doing it without water you are stoned enough to where it doesn't hurt as much.

5. sloppo

sloppo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I find a bong more harsh than a pipe, simply because bong hits tend to be much larger than pipe hits. I think the high is the same, but people tend to smoke more amount of weed and take bigger hits with a bong than a pipe. So the high is more intense and hits faster I guess, but its still the same weed being smoked.

Sloppo

6. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Bong Hits go down better.

When I have my choice, I choose NOT to smoke a Pipe. This is because, with my lungs (and a little Asthma), I never seem to get a full, solid Hit. I have 2 problems: (1)Usually, I am sucking away on the Pipe for half the time, justto get it flowing well, and (2) The Hit is more harsh (especially on a Wooden Pipe), and so I frequently end my Hit a little earlier than normal.

The Bong is Low-Maintenance. I lightly inhale, and keep inhaling. The Hit comes smoothly, right into my Happy Lungs. I like BIG Hits. So, a Bong is a BIG hit with me. Also, because of the easy air-flow, I am less likely to cough (a Fun benefit).

Actually, I love the Romance of using a Pipe. When I use one, I remember that people have been smoking marijuana like this for century after century ... and Here I am, re-creating an age-old Tradition.

7. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't think the high is really much different between a bong or a normal pipe.

8. jarka

jarka Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    When using a bong that's filled with water, is there any possibility of thc-loss caused by the water?

9. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Drink the Bong Water ... and find out for yourself.

The way I have heard it over the years is: The THC happily bubbles through the water, losing only a trace of itself. The Smoke (on the other hand) is water-base, and as such, a lot of IT absorbs into the water (thank you). This leaves Bong Hits with the best of the THC, and the least of the Smoke.

I have known people who have drank Bong-Water, hoping to get a Free High. The results are mixed; Jim likes to do it often. He says that it gives him a good Kick. Others have not wanted to taste it very often. I have NOT tried this Yet (but, who knows, some day perhaps).

So jarka, just TRY IT yourself, you may like it. Let us know the results of your experiment. One Tip: Smoke a lot a pot in it first, this will maximize the amount of THC (andother Goodies) you can recycle. And shake-up the Bong first, to help wash the THC off of the sides.Edited by: Solidly-here

10. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    A bong filled with ice water cools the smoke(not as harsh on the throat)allowing larger hits without coughing. I also like to put Hawaiian punch in the bong instead of water, a nice,flavorful smoke.

11. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    As far as I know bong water does not dissolve or absorb much THC cause THC in not particuarly water soluble. It is much more fat soluble so don't pour that left over bacon grease in your bong.[​IMG]

12. jarka

jarka Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    I think I'll skip that.. Thank you anyway ;)

13. Blaze06

Blaze06 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I seem to get the same high from both though I much prefer smoking out
    of a bong. I think any difference in highs is psychological.

14. Ebatra

Ebatra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim thinks that the highs are pretty much the same but a bong is MUCH nicer on the throat.

15. artisian

artisian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
  16. cartex12

cartex12 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would agree that the bong high seems to be more short and more intense than a pipe high. this is probrably because you do lose some THC from bongs, but you also usually take much bigger hits. so smoking out of a pipe the high will be more spread out because you are getting the THC is smaller and more doses, but also because you are getting a little bit more THC in general. still, swim loves and preferes bongs.

17. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You lose THC from a bong hit because you take bigger inhalations and exhale more smoke. You also burn a lot more pot.hit with a bong. The faster burn probably inhibits the vaporization of as much THC, and so more of it gets pyrolyzed. A pipe is usually packed more, so the weed at the bottom vaporizes more of its THC before it burns. The hit is smaller, and consequently more smoke is held in the lungs longer over time with several hits.
    Bongs are faster acting and wear off faster for the same reason injecting drugs has a faster come on and a slower crash than oral. You are taking more drug in over a shorter period of time, and so it will metabolize and wear off faster. In the case of weed, you smoke a pipe over a longer period of time, hold the smoke longer, and vaporize more THC, so it is a slower onset but overall longer effect. You end up using less weed/session with a pipe too.