1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Bought shrooms last night - skeptical

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Nemkomae, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Nemkomae

Nemkomae Newbie

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from Indiana, United States
    Purchased these last night from a dealer who I know somewhat and I have bought weed from a handful of times before. His product has always been pretty reliable. Anyways I am a little skeptical receiving these because they don't look like shrooms I've seen before, granted this would be the first time in person. He said the guy who got them for me tried to give me "mostly tops", which I don't think is relevant..? Is this legit, anyone?

2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You got ripped off, those are store bought dried oysters.

3. Nemkomae

Nemkomae Newbie

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from Indiana, United States
    Damn. For sure? He said hes sold this before and I kinda know this dude.

4. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, go to the grocery store, they will have them. It's a good idea to know what food mushroom s look like, check in your local Asian markets.

Go look up pictures of psilocybin mushrooms, they look nothing like those things. Of course you could have done that before paying for them.

5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from The Netherlands
    @Potter is 100% spot on. You got ripped off. Its doesn't even closely resemble psilocybe mushrooms.

6. tatittle

tatittle Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Shrooms Ive seen have orangish tops and blueish white stems. But aren't there a whole bunch of different varieties, most uncommon.

7. Operator

Operator Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from USA
    Despite some of the condescending responses you've received... No, these don't look like psilocybin mushrooms and I would bet quite a bit this kid just went to Walmart, bought some dried mushrooms and put them in a baggie.

I did psychedelics for nearly ten years and I can tell you with complete confidence you will be wasting your time if you eat these. If I were you I wouldn't do business with this person again, for anything. Chances are they're ripping you off on the other products you're interested in.

Next time, maybe buy from a more trusted friend or have someone with you who has eaten mushrooms before so you can be confident in what you're purchasing.

8. Ubiquitous Assimilation

Ubiquitous Assimilation Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from Indiana, United States
    Yes you were ripped off, this is most unfortunate. I wish you luck in procuring legitimate psilocybe mushrooms in the future. Perhaps looking into cultivating your own somehow, after much obviously needed research would be the warranted route. One "should" always study anything they intend to put into their body.

9. Operator

Operator Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from USA
    Unless of course cultivation of said mushrooms is illegal in OPs area of course... I had a friend who had a similar solution to a similar problem. He was never able to find legitimate mushrooms so he simply started growing them himself. Fortunately, he lived in a place where this was perfectly legal so he basically had unlimited access to mushrooms. Though I do not suggest this to beginners as eating mushrooms can be a potential danger if they have mold on them. Please just do your research and read up a lot on the subject before even considering this!

I know of another friend who got into a lot of trouble doing this so please do it at your own risk and be safe. Read up on the subject as much as possible before you ingest anything that you grew, let's say, in your parents' basement or something.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017
  10. Ubiquitous Assimilation

Ubiquitous Assimilation Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from Indiana, United States
    >>
    >> Agreed again I EMPHASIZE obviously much needed research into the subject. It is through the studying, hygiene, care, and patience that one may psychologically prepare oneself more the fantastic and eye opening experiences that await the cultivator in the potential life changing journeys. Proper preparations and knowledge facilitate rewarding experiences.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2017