Brainwave Generators - Computer Programs that gets you high?

Discussion in 'The euphoric body' started by Nahbus, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've been messing around with this last night and this morning. I tried
    one of the sleeping ones before bed, I woke up 6 hours later very
    refreshed feeling. I'm usually pretty damn tired in the morning.

I also tried one of the out of body experience entrainments. After
    about 20 minutes of listening my body began to send waves through me,
    then it felt like someone was pushing my matress. I even sort of felt
    invisible. Soon after it felt as if someone was standing above me and
    my heart began to beat very fast and I got spooked and turned it off.

Not sure how much is a placebo effect, but there are a lot of reports saying these things work very good.

2. mithras

mithras Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    i love the sleeping ones. my girlfriend has an old brainwave sleep tape and listening is the only time my insomnaic ass can get some decent sleep. though it helps that i'm sleeping next to someone i love too so i'm not sure if its all the tape. i've often wondered about taking some acid and trying one of the more out there sorts of discs but havn't had a chance since p-delics have gone dry in this town and i'm out of the loop now anyway.

3. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i find the sleeping ones get me to the absolute edge of sleep, but
    never fully there. Just my experience. Anybody tried the
    hemisync?

4. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well my friend just sent him a program called IDose. It is suposed to get you high by messing with your brain waves or somthing (probaly totaly wrong cuz that sounds bad) Well I was wondering if anyone else has tryed this or heard of it swim tried it but didnt listen to the whole session (30 min)

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2007
  5. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: IDose Computer Program that gets you high!

I have tried it and has various postive effects with it

6. pokeyjo304

pokeyjo304

Reputation Points:

well it certainly sounds cool, a free high is a good high i guess, unless its bad...

7. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Buddah, is there any reason not to post a link here?

8. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Thank you for answering my question Zera - unfortunately links to commercial sites are not allowed, & Buddah, peddling cracked software or distributing non-free/GPL software treads a thin line of legality.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  9. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:

the program wont even work for me. Oh well, a wizard told me he downloaded alot of the tracks it uses from p2p programs. I will post a report if anything happens tommorrow.

10. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.

Okay, well then at least allow me to correct the original poster. The software is not called IDose, the actual name is I-Doser.

One other thing, before passing judgement on this program (it seems to work well for some people, and be inneffective for a lot others) make sure to try it with high quality STEREO headphones, not just your computer speakers.

11. PingoTango

PingoTango Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o

I'm sorry, but can no-one else see that this nothing more than money-making bullshit? Scanning this product's forums, about 60% of users report that it has no effect, and the other 40% say that the effects that they have experienced are more akin to a deep meditative state rather than simulations of drug experiences. The phrase "False Advertising" seems to be being thrown around a bit on there too.

The fact that you have to repeatedly buy each one-use "dose" speakes volumes I think.

Nice idea, but I think SWIM's gonna stick to his real deal substances for now...

12. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: I-Doser - Computer Program that gets you high?

This software is similar (although in my opinion inferior) to Brainwave Generator by Noromaa Solutions. Google it for URL. The programs use Binaural beats (read about them here) to encourage the primary resonant frequency of the brain towards the desired frequency.

I won't go into too much detail, but the basis of my point is that, although on many entrainment software forums the drug-alternative use is described, these programs are much more useful in meditation, mental relaxation and self-hypnosis than any "digital drug" bullshit.

On the other hand, these type of programs can quite easily (in most people, some individuals just aren't compatible with it) induce meditative states which some may work on to experience a form of altered consciousness. Also, if sleep paralysis is enjoyable (for some it is) then you may find these programs useful for inducing the state.

A WARNING: Brainwave entrainment software which uses Binaural Beats (as the ones mentioned above do) are NOT suitable for use by those suffering from epilepsy, as seizures would be likely. Also, use by those individuals who are under the influence of drugs is highly discouraged as these programs actually lower the seizure threshold. Yummy!

Have fun with 'em tho, but try and give respect to the companies and pay for them, yeah? The free version of Brainwave Generator is good enough for anyone though. The preset library presets are shit anyway (but I didn't say that!).

1. 4/5,
      Interesting, thanks.
      Jul 16, 2008
    2. 5/5,
      Good info, thanks
      Apr 17, 2008
  13. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:

well swim tried two of the brainwave things with his headphones, marijauna and morphine, marijuana sounded like radio static and it was very hard to listen to the whole 55 minutes of it without becoming VERY bored. It didn't do anything. Morphine did seem to do something though, the sound was like a low pitched electronic humming, again, listening to it all the way through was extrmemly boring, but it did seem to induce something, he felt very relaxed and good all over, whether it was placebo or the real deal is unknown to swim at the time.

He'll ry some more tracks, XTC, crystal meth, and cocaine next...

14. darkglobe

darkglobe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Bwgen is better, Riconoen.

A short explanation of how these systems work:

The brain (or Brian, according to some) operates at a certain frequency. In fact, the brain operates at many different frequencies at once (this can be proven with an EEG machine). The overall, main frequency of the brain determines (allegedly) a person's level of consciousness.

This is over-simplified, but the different frequency bands have different effects. Consider this:

• Delta: 0.5Hz - 4Hz - Deep sleep
    • Theta: 4Hz - 8Hz - Drowsiness (first stages of sleep)
    • Alpha: 8Hz - 14Hz - Relaxed but alert
    • Beta: 14Hz - 30Hz - Highly alert and focused
    These programs encourage the overall frequency to move toward their values. Example, one listened to binaural beats @ 5Hz. Chances are, if they concentrated on the beat and listened to for long enough, they would be almost falling asleep.

I have found that the method does not work in everybody, though. I personally find it useful, although have never experienced drug-like effects.

Hope this helps.

15. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:

Well after trying a few more tracks I'm of the opinion that it's mostly placebo and meditative state stuff. While the peyote track did make me see fractals and stuff for a few minutes if I meditate really hard I can induce mild hallucinations on myself all the same. The coke track did nothing, the XTC track made me feel more energized but it qiuckly went away. I've been trying to keep an open mind throughout my little experiment and not pass judgement on this program. But my conclusion is that this is money grabbing snake oil bullshit. That listeing to radio static will NOT get you high. It may be helpful in inducing a meditative state, but so will ambient music. Don't waste your money on this, get your swim to go try the real thing if he wnts to get high. or take meditation classes.

16. Dvgrn

Dvgrn Newbie

Reputation Points:

I have it now, but doesnt have headphones. Shucks.

17. tayo

tayo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    BrainWave Generators enhance mind over body and drugs can potentiate hallucinations!

This post is truly SPAT out because I am so excited to be the first one on these forums to speak of this, (as far as I know) but has alot of important information so please, you'll see potential and want more

Brainwaves used for meditation, induce happiness, sleep, awareness. These brainwaves can entrain your mind into a certain state, most effective while using psychedelics, but also effective on any other recreational drug, so if one were to listen to brainwaves meant to induce sleep while on a CNS stimulant like amphetamines, one might find themselves getting dreamy hallucinations, hypnagogic imagery, etc, all while awake. youself will have to experiment, it is worth it!

here is a post SWIM left on another thread...

Brainwave Generators are available online, once You has the program installed You can generate hir own frequency patterns for intent, as well as download other presets that other more experienced users have created. Some presets are very effective, and have gotten SWIM into hypnagogic imagery as well as seeing waves of light in My vision. Once SWIM reached this state with BrainWaves I was able to meditate into the seeing the light stage lying in bed focusing on the body disappearing and looking toward one's self from above. If You does use a generator, you must use headphones for it to work, and search a search engine for "cymatic frequency listing" and one of the results will show You a loooooong list of frequencies that the brain functions at while performing certain tasks... the idea is if you listen to a frequency it will put you in that state of mind, this you can use to emulate within the mind, or trick the mind into taking over the body, or at least making it easier to trascend into the same state of mind again. So yes... there probably is a "brown noise" that makes people crap their pants, or that famous rock band that played a note and all the women claimed it felt like a full body orgasm interpreted through their ears. Once You reaches the state of mind through brainwaves, without brainwaves the next time You just needs to focus on the last experience, imagine reliving the memory of how it felt, breathe deep, focus on slowing your heartbeat, etc. These brainwaves will make you use all of your brain. The Monroe Institute charges thousands of dollars for this kind of BrainWave Entrainment programs, but one could essentially teach themselves the proper techniques if so inclined through the internet, using software at home...also the frequency that the mind works at when on LSD is 20.215 Hz, SWIM once did an experiment and had several subjects listen to the sound without knowing what it was except that it was brainwaves, all subjects start giggling with excitement, it was a very pleasing experiment. The subjects, after being told it was the LSD frequency, stopped laughing then. That frequency mimics a very slight beginning of the come-up of LSD, anxiety/giggling. Very fascinating! ALSO there are many presets that will BLOW YOUR MIND WHEN ON PSYCHEDELICS!!! ENHANCE THE TRIP TO THE FULLEST EXTENT.

The proper technique if You tries these brainwaves, is to start with your eyes closed, must be using headphones, try to sit still, no matter if you are on a drug, just try, and simply focus on listening to the frequencies, dont let your mind drift, just focus on the noise. Effects WILL come on, and on psychedelics one will find their enthusiasm for certain presets will intrigue them more than anything else there is to do, at least the first time it is tried, you'll learn to like different presets more than others.

And while sober, there are studies that prove listening to certain frequencies in the theta range for twenty minutes in the middle of the day, it will decrease the time subjects spent asleep, typically from 8 hours to 6 hours, that is what they needed instead of 8 to feel refreshed upon waking the next morning.

I have had incredible experiences whilst listening to presets while on psychedelics, opiates, amphetamines, marijuana, with great results... and alone, excellent for meditation.

give it a go and believe when you listen, truly focus and you will realize the potential it has. and once again headphones are a must, the reason for that is that headphones usually only go down to about 7Hz but the software program makes the frequencies "binaural" meaning it splits the beats between the right and left headphone to create a lower frequency, the better the headphones the better the brainwave entrainment. Hopefully this will ignite some experimentation!

18. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: BrainWave Generators enhance mind over body and drugs can potentiate hallucinatio

i tried one sober and had no effect that was a while ago,i think ill try and track down the source code for one or try and find one for linux soon and try it again,maybe let swim try it when hes tripping,ill post back his experiances

19. tayo

tayo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: BrainWave Generators enhance mind over body and drugs can potentiate hallucinatio

indeed SWIM supposes it is much more difficult using linux for this as the program is for windows and mac, but the site I use has many many presets, with user ratings... is SWIM allowed to post the link to it.... since it does not have anything to do with drugs really? .. i'd very much like to..

20. Heretic.Ape.

Heretic.Ape. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Monkey and his girlfriend at the time used to use one of those old brainwave tapes to lull their insomniac brains to sleep. Worked pretty well. Monkey experimented with a cd of them while on acid a few times but was unimpressed, but it may have been the cd.