breathalyser

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by Ximot, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Ximot

Ximot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This may be an old wives' tale and yet it worked for me at least once.

I put a copper-coated coin nto my mouth an sucked on it for the 10-15 minutes prior to having my alcohol levels checked by police in a traffic control. I tested under the limit and can think of no other reason why this should be so except the coin. I should have been WAY over that day.

requests to readers of this post:
    - no trolling for my past drunk driving (i know it is wrong)
    - don't imitate this if you are driving (obvious)
    - if you do, add liquorice sweets (they may have had something to do with it, too).

Seriously, though, if you google the subject you will come upon this a few times, and some people people try to debunk this as a groundless myth.

All I know is from first-hand experience, and this wasn't even a copper con, it was just copper-coated one. A true copper coin should work better. Which currencies and coins have that? Plesse post...

For the science, it's supposed to be sth do to with the coin oxydizing in the mouth due to the presence of saliva and air and the ensuing moleculear mix messes with whatever the breathlysers are looking for.

Of course I may have just been very lucky [​IMG]

1. 3/5,
      A more descriptive thread title would be nice
      Mar 15, 2013
  2. joevette

joevette Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't know if anyone watches that Mythbusters show on tv but they tried this penny thing and it failed. They also tried several other methods, but nothing worked.

1. 3/5,
      Mtyhbusters is hardly an accurate source, use scientific papers not tv shows
      Mar 15, 2013