Health - Breathing issues with DXM

Discussion in 'DXM' started by IDealinDreams, Mar 14, 2006.

1. IDealinDreams

IDealinDreams Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I recently got into DXM, and they told me they had breathing issues while doing it once. SWIM also believed that it continued on into the next night, but (s)he isn't sure that the problem isn't just a coincidence, or in their head. Any opinons from any knowledgable board members would be much appreciated.

2. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    This isn't very knowledgable, but SWIM breathes really irregularly (four or five times a minute) on dex. It continued for a long time, too, as if the drug were teaching him to do something stupid and he had to train himself to start breathing involintarily again.

I haven't heard of anybody else (aside from You and SWIM) having this problem, so I don't really know what to do about it - just remember, don't forget to breathe!

3. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    May be complete coincidence but I have horribly irregular breathing. I was a past DXM user has quit dxm but his breathing remains irregular.

4. Aaron

Aaron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have no problems breathing whilst on DXM, nor any afterwards. It would certainly a cause me concern though. While tripping I would advise making a conscious effort to breath steadily. I would also advise you not to experiment further without a trip-sitter, just to be on the safe side. Better to be safe than sorry, as they say.

5. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I had that the first seconds of his K-hole last night as well, but he knows of te dose he took that that's safely within the limit and that K doesn't affect your breathing.It's probaply all between your ears.

6. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Ketamine CAN Cause Respiratory Depression

Actually not true. Although Ketamine is generally regarded as causing less respiratory depression than other anaesthetics it DOES cause dose-dependant respiratory depression. This is dependant on speed of administration as well as route. Respiratory depression is mediated by ketamines effects on the mu-opioid receptor sysytem.

See here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11726430&dopt=Abstract

Ketamine can also cause laryngospasm (resulting in airway obstruction) and hypersalivation which can further compromise the airway.

Peace

7. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Breathing issues

Taking a weak benzo with DXM would be enough to stop that fast heart rate problem many people including swim gets on DXM. but it would make breathing rate worse so I am out of ideas.

8. jal8712

jal8712 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Breathing issues

swim notices that he has short term memory loss cant remember what he did day before and hes heart goes reallly really fats while on dxm or when he smokes weed by it self he gets fats heart rate he sometimes feels like he has reorccuring trips sometimes after smoking