Health - Bromism and crappy DXM HBR

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Niteflights, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Niteflights

Niteflights Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    It is clearly evident that one of the major causes of negative side effects with DXM is the bromide component in the commonly available DXM HBR. The REAL TRUTH ABOUT DXM THE DANGERS OF DXM thread at the top of the forum mentions:

Bromide-poisoning from DXM has been KNOWN to cause IRREVERSIBLE BRAIN DAMAGE (Cerebello-bulbar syndrome), and SHRINKING OF THE CEREBELLUM!

To be honest this is a bit more concerning than the Olney's lesions.

In any case, there has to be a simple method to convert pure DXM HBR to DXM citrate. Anyone care to share?

Cheers,
    Andrei

2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You might want to read the thread through to see all sides of the debate. While I can't really advise as to how dangerous the substance can be, its not in the clear that it causes that much damage to you.

Read all the information you can and evaluate according to your standars. Best advice I can give.

As to the conversion method, check here https://drugs-forum.com/threads/14385 and see if you get any ideas. If not, You might want you to post in that thread and ask about it.

3. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Theres a huge debate about just how dangerous DXM really is. I have never heard of one case of bromide poisoning ever from DXM HBR but then again I amnt a doctor.

4. Niteflights

Niteflights Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    OK, lets forget bromism and let me just focus on the reports that DXM citrate is a much cleaner high than HBR. I am interested in a simple route to convert DXM HBR to citrate.

Thanks!
    Paul

5. bewilderment

bewilderment Drug Geek Extraordinaire Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You could simply use the "agent lemon" technique. There's info about it around in the forums if you search. There's also many great teks out there in cyberspace if you google the term.