Extraction - Bubble Bag Extracts

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by Thirdedge, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Has anyone tried making bubble hash (made with ice and water filter bags) using diffrent psychoactive herbs other than or in combination with Cannabis?

For this to work the psychoactive compounds need to be in the glandular trichomes, in a similar way to THC. This method does not work for Poppies etc.

Swim have so far tried Wild Dagga with a nice orange fluffy compound which made for a decent smoke.
    Also Wormwood, which had a definate effect although tasted like sh#t and wasn,t particulary recreational.

Any ideas for other plants that would work?

Thinking of trying Targetes lucidia, damiana, skullcap, hops, passion flower next.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  2. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Swim just made a very nice hash using Klip Dagga leaves and Hops - pleasant tasting and a nice but mild high lasting about an hour or so.

Swim also made a Mugwort hash (Artemisia vulgaris). Tasted ok and definetly psychoactive, but in a similar way to the wormwood he didn,t enjoy the effects. Made him shitty for the rest of the day. Mugwort is associated with magic and witchcraft and it did invoke a mildly creepy feeling.

3. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    how did you do that?

4. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

Swim chopped the herb up as small as possible and froze it in freezer overnight.
    He then placed 3 bubble hash bags in a bucket, one inside the other. (A quick google search should provide info on what bubble bags are and do).
    He then placed frozen herb, ice and cold water in the bags and mixed.
    He waited an hour and then removed the bags one at a time, allowing the water to filter through. He then scraped the 'Dagga Hash' from the second and third filterbags and dried it. He repeated this process 3 times.

5. Aopocetx

Aopocetx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Why not just do an isopropyl extraction?

6. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Many reasons, ...

I don,t have any isopropyl, Swim likes to experiment, isopropyl is dangerous (explosive) and with the bubble bag method swim can smoke while he works, the bubble bag method produces a more potent extract with zero risk of contaminants, once you have the bags all that is required is water and ice:)

7. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Is the wild dagga bubble hash enjoyable? Is it worth smoking/combining with normal hash? I have some bubble bags on the way and will obtain some wild dagga if the answer is yes, please tell me more!

8. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    The answer is yes, swim really enjoys the taste and effect, both mixed and alone.

It is however labour intensive and results in a small yield.

I have now also tried the following:

Skullcap - Awesome taste and effect - extremely small yield.

St Johns Wort - As above.

Hops - Harsh but stoney and a huge yield.

Rose Petals - works well, good for flavour.

Catmint - good yield, no effects.

Lavender - Good yield, strong taste, relaxing.

Siberian motherwort - Similar to dagga leaf, but less effect.

9. nEone

nEone Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is a really interesting thread! Would You be able to update this thread with some pics of your methods/results using various herbs?

What other herbs show potential? I'm surprised that rose petals fall into the catagory - they have glandular trichromes?

10. nEone

nEone Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    *bump*

In the very least - I would love to get suggestions for where to find out what plants have glandular trichromes. I like the idea of non-cannabis based hashes.

11. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Swim just searched google with "Various plant name" + "glandular trichromes".

It seems most of the mint family do, so things like Salvia divinorum and Inebriating mint could prove very interesting.

12. nEone

nEone Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hmmm very interesting. Thanks for the reply! It sounds like it might be worth the investment for SWIM. Does You have pictures of finished products or further reviews/thoughts on materials?

13. whizzkid

whizzkid Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    BUMP

very interesting post

does anyone have photos or more info on this subject? (non cannabis hash related)

is there anyone who can list psychoactive herbs/plants with glandular trichomes?

:thumbsup:

14. Mickeld

Mickeld Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hmmmm IBOZO the clown wonders if one could make a Lactucarium extract like this? Lettuce hash? I think BOZO is silly but would it work? Or maybe you have to use ISO to make Lactucarium?

15. NOM.ZEB

NOM.ZEB Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from saudi_arabia
    +bump

16. V3TR

V3TR Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am making yarrow extract (not bubble bag but I think someone should do a bubble bag on it) it has evaporated the alcohol so I am just waiting for the dampness to go away and will give his insight.

17. NOM.ZEB

NOM.ZEB Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from saudi_arabia
    Would this be a good way to extract nicotene from tobacco without many of the toxic impurities ? Or would it cause nicotene overdoes

18. NOM.ZEB

NOM.ZEB Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from saudi_arabia
    apparantly these herbs help regulate serotinin

19. Mick Mouse

Mick Mouse Live Free Or Die! Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    56 y/o from Cayo Loco
    Nicotene is a highly toxic poison in and of itself, and purified nicotene is fatal in very small doses. It is not a recreational item. This subject has been covered before, you might try UTFSE for more details on this matter.

20. NOM.ZEB

NOM.ZEB Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from saudi_arabia
    u confuse me toxin. I was sugesting the process to remove the nicotene similar to washing tobaco or smoking in a hooka, after all, tobacco is a pesticide.