Cooking - Bud Brownies

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Buddah, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well swim as REALLLLLLLY been wanting to do some brownies but all the other times I have taken directions off the net I was burned badly.

Swim needs EXACT directions from someone who has done brownies numerus times I know it can be done swims aunt told swim that she did them so please post directions

2. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Maybe use a pot holder or oven mitt to take em out?? LOL, j/k...

To make pot brownies, one needs to make ganja oil or butter.. This is done by heating oil or butter in a double boiler with the herb in it, for anywhere from 30mins to many hours.. Or, one can mix water, butter, and herb into a big pot and heat it on low to medium heat for several hours.. The herb is then strained and squeezed through cheesecloth and the liquid placed into the fridge.. The butter will float and solidify, and then can be taken off the top and the water discarded..

There are several recipes on how to make oil or butter, and the quality of what goes in, as well as how saturated, determines how potent the oil or butter is.. This oil or butter is then mixed into the brownies and baked per the directions.. A simple search on the forums or even google can return several ways to prepare the ganja oil or butter.. If You decides on something and has any questions about it, feel free to ask away..

3. AntiAimer

AntiAimer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    YOU MUST!!!! Make cannabutter(Or something like it), dont ever just throw Marijuana straight into the batch. Doesn't work like that, also make sure it's the fattiest butter you can get. Hemp butter works great, if one can find a store who sells it. As for directions, truely a simple task and google is your friend. Shouldn't have any problems with the recipes that are out there, just find abunch of them and compare. Dont expect the best batch, for first times. Because times and such, truely vary with so many factors.(Like measureing butter to plant material\THC ratio) Also, hydro, works great for brownies. Most would say mids or shake, but with hydro\chronic, you dont need to much and there should be alot more THC being absorbed in the fat(butter). Makeing sure your not wasteing your time or herbals. Also note, injesting THC will be alot stronger and longer then burned THC. So be careful on how much Smurf'ET intakes, very little may or may not be enough.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  4. julian

julian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I has made excellent brownies using a very simple method (please note swim altered the process from a more traditional method to conceal what he was doing form his parents):
    1.buy cheap ass dirt reggos and break it up goood, removing seeds and big stems
    2. melt butter in a sauce pan, swim eyeballs the amount of butter (around 2 sticks should do it)
    3. bring the sauce pan with the melted butter OUTSIDE (this is not necessary but will not make the house smell like baked ganj)
    4. pour in your reggos (I like about 1.5 g per brownie)
    5. stir thoroughly
    6. add concoction to brownie mix and follow normal directions taking into account that the recipe will call for more oil than is necessary because you are essentially adding oil when adding the butter/reggos concoction
    7. enjoy

I has heard that the weed needs to chill in the butter for hrs/days like a poster above has said. I had also found this to be untrue and has made just as good maybe better brownies with this method. maybe because he only uses extremely low quality ganj and it doesn't take long for all the thc to extract into the butter? i dunno but this method will not let you down and is also sensible for anyone who is living at home with their 'rents or doesn't want thier house smellin like ganj for whatever reason. ENJOY!

5. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well at exactly 4:20 pm (hehe) swim finished his brownie with a big glass of milk swim followed your instructions and will tell you all the results here in a hour or so!

6. splish6

splish6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Would a coffee filter work just as well as cheesecloth?

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    No. You can squeeze and work a cheesecloth with your hands, whereas a paper coffee-filter would rip to shreds.

8. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    well Its undecided swim belives I got really geeked but swim also smoked but swim also noticed a longer lasting more trippy buzz

9. thegoodfight

thegoodfight Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim's first experience with brownies lasted for 36 hours. Of course I had only smoked for 1-2 months prior so wim was pretty much a newbie.

Swim used 13 grams of very good nugget, chopped very fine, then sauteed (sp?) in 2x the oil that was called for. swim strained the oil with a fairly small mest strainer and mixed oil into the brownie mix.

The brownies were a little oilier than usual, but were very good. Swim split a box 4 ways, so it was like eating 1/8th of an oz of weed. I had a blast!

10. thegoodfight

thegoodfight Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Damn, I need to be able to edit!

Anyway, another good way to extract THC, without the mess of oil or butter is to use Vodka (or grain, something unflavored). The THC dissolves at a fairly high concentration and will evaporate when cooked. If You does not want to mess with a cheese cloth, the alcohol filters through a coffee fileter very well.

Swim thinks the best way to get the most out of swiy's bud, is to put it into a cofee grinder, powder it, them heat it in the oil/butter that is needed to cook. Whoever eats the final product will most likely not know that the plant material is even in there, and you get you fiber!!

11. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    One or two coffee filters will work in a pinch. Swim used to make his oil for his brownies and use a coffee machine filter holder with two or so filters in it and just strained it like that. When all was filtered he would gently squeeze what oil he could get out and trash the rest. You don't have to get every last drop of oil out of the fried herb. Well I guess if your a tight ass but meh...to each their own.

Easiest way and only way swim makes his brownies is simply buying a box of brownie mix. Cooking his herb (whatever amount you wish, swims was usually 1/2 oz of mid grade) in just slightly more oil than the box calls for, for about 20 or so minutes or until the herb looks all nasty and the oil has a nice color to it. Strains herb and proceeds making his brownies instructions on box.

Brownies are the best way to enjoy some herb though. Just make sure you got the time to sit back and chill...cause you will be for a long time....

But damn, isn't there already a million and one threads on this subject?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007