1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Oral use - buprenex gel (buprenorphine transdermal)

Discussion in 'Buprenorphine' started by razorbaq, Sep 17, 2009.

1. razorbaq

razorbaq Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim recieved a buprenex gel 1.2mg/ml the other day(in a little syringe without a needle). Swim was told to give some to the skin of his little dog. Swim was wondering if this liquid could be drank or rubbed on skin and how much to use at once? Swim's used alot of opiates but never this.

2. chibi curmudgeon

chibi curmudgeon Gold Finger

Reputation Points:
    Re: buprenex gel

If it's a transdermal gel, I'd advise against drinking it. Depending on how big swiy's dog is, swiy may not have gotten enough to have an effect on himself. (And I certainly wouldn't want him to deprive a dog of needed pain medication...I'm guessing this is buprenorphine, yes? Generic names are encouraged here.)

3. superZi

superZi

Reputation Points:
    you can try putting 1mll in your mouth and not swallowing it buprenorphine gets destroyed if you swallow it so just keep the solution in your mouth like under the tongue or something or lace some candy with it and suck it.will get you high probably altought if you could insufflate it somehow you would only need about 0,5ml or even less

4. razorbaq

razorbaq Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Don't worry SWIMS dog is 100%. This happened a while ago. SWIM just found them. How do you insufflate? what does it mean? There is 1.2mg in a 1ml syringe. The liquid is deep white. SWIM was told to rub on skin of dog and it penetrates the skin, I don't know how effective this could be.

5. chibi curmudgeon

chibi curmudgeon Gold Finger

Reputation Points:
    A normal human sublingual dose of buprenorphine is 12-16 mg. I found a study using transdermal in humans at doses of 35-50 mg/hr. SWIM might want to try this transdermally (same as with the dog, behind the ear would absorb easily) but SWIM (depending on his weight and tolerance) would need at least 5 ml gel at once.

Also, insufflation = snorting. Snorting a gel may or may not be a good idea, depending on what the gel's made of.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  6. Kyanes

Kyanes

Reputation Points:
    This post is a little bit old but it is important to rectify the false information...
    12-16mg s.l. is a very high dose!!! Only opiat addicted people with a high tolerance can tolerate such a high dose.
    And transdermal buprenorphine patches give 35-50-70 ug/h (mikrograms) and not milligrams!!!

Kyanes added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

A normal dose for opiat-naive peolpe is 0,2 - 0,4mg sublingual....

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011