Buprenorphine and Darvocet

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by Wyborowa, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim heard that Suboxone doesn't block out the effects of darvocet..this true? I take 8mg of bupe a day, so how much should I take of Darvocet to get a killer buzz?

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    I think that since darvocet behaves like a typical opiate agonist, its effects would be blocked by buprenorphine just like other opiates/opioids. If its effects are not blocked, a dose of 100-200 mg is generally the starting dose. However, 8 mg of buprenorphine a day means that You has somewhat of an opioid tolerance, so more might be needed to get a buzz...but...think about this for a second. Combining opiates and upping the darvocet dosage could be dangerous for a couple reasons. First, the respiratory depression could be increased to hazardous levels. Secondly, Darvocet contains APAP, and a cold water extraction doesnt work on darvocet since propoxyphene (the opioid in darvocet) is only slightly soluble in water, and would likely precipitate out of the water instead of dissolving. So, taking enough darvocet to get a buzz with a high tolerance, especially when working against the buprenorphine's antagonist activity, would lead to toxic levels of APAP.

3. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Bravo! THanks, I thought swim read somewhere that suboxone doesn't block Darvocets. Swim knew that the tylenol in it would kill my liver. Thanks! Great Info!!