1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Buspirone

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by miller77, Mar 30, 2005.

1. miller77

miller77

Reputation Points:
    Has any one heard of BuSpar ? If you have is it any good.

2. moldie

moldie

Reputation Points:
    it sucks.

It's used mostly as an anti-anxiety drug. I've seen it given to people on ritalin a lot. I deffinately wouldn't classify it as much of a downer though. Unless you have anxiety problems you probably won't be interested in buspar. It has no affnity for benzo receptors and does not effect gaba binding. This pretty much eliminates any benzo-like effects.

3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Buspar works on serotonine.

4. camiroquai

camiroquai Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I hate buspar. The only effects I got in up to 5 pills (unknown mg) was a weird feeling in my face. I didn't like it.

5. miller77

miller77

Reputation Points:

what is that?

6. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Serotonine is a neurotransmitter(a substance which your body uses in the process of transmitting signals to cels.f.e. in your brain) 80% of your serotonine is in your bowels, 10% in your blood and 2% in your brain. Serotonine affects sleep, mood, hunger, dreams, hallucinations, bloodpressureand much more. There are various kinds of serotonine. All with different functions. For example: MDMA (the substance which should be in XTC) has a primairly effect on serotonine, uplifting your mood, making you dreamy, etc. Edited by: Alfa

7. moldie

moldie

Reputation Points:
    The odd thing is buspar's action is not entirely understood. Saying that it works on seratonin is pretty nondescript, but it is all one can really say. Well, it does has some affinity for d2-dopamine receptors as well - as if that is saying much. All that can really be said is the buspar is not in any way a recreational drug.

Have you looked at the structure for buspar? theCAS is something like 8-[4-[4-(2-pyrimidinyl)-1-piperazinyl]butyl]-8-aza-spirodecane-7,9-dione monohydrochloride, depending of course on which ring you start your naming from.

8. miller77

miller77

Reputation Points:
    has any one here heard of topamax? and is t any good?

9. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2009
  10. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I would not suggest taking BuSpar for recreational purposes. The exact mechanism of BuSpar's action is unknown

11. young poppa

young poppa

Reputation Points:
    this drug is fu(king wild, snort one of them and u feel lke u got hit by a truck, terrible taste when snorted but no burn, ive only done the white bars, which i beleive is the highest dosage pill, they are sold sometimes as zanax

12. kfoot73

kfoot73

Reputation Points:
    BusPar treats anxiety and Topomax is used to provide long term relief to
    treat migraine headache patients.

13. luckyatl13

luckyatl13

Reputation Points:
    i only took one pill of buspar(not sure wat mg)but it made me dizzy and me head feel like it had alot of pressure on it. like if u go underwater realy deep.

14. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I was on Buspar for several months, it works well for anxiety but takes about 2-5 days to take full effect. Buspar has no recreational value to it and even when used at doctor perscribed doses can have side affects thats are unplesent and anoying. stear clear of this drug unless your looking for long term anxiety relief

15. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P.

Reputation Points:

You got xanax mixed up with buspar man. I think you are referring to the slang name for xanax, which is bars, and yea, bars are quite powerful little puppies.Edited by: raven3davis

16. twilex

twilex

Reputation Points:

actually, the highest dosage buspar [buspirone] pill does come in bar form also.

personally, i'm not so sure buspar has recreational value. my doc
    has me taking 2 of the bars every night for anxiety. i actually
    tried tapering off of them because i felt they weren't doing much, but
    i felt so horrible that i just went back on again and all was
    okay. anyhow, this is just my own personal experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2006
  17. Emperiorjack

Emperiorjack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think buspar works better has an anti-depressant then an Anti-anxiety
    med. I remember I took six of the 30mg bars just to see what would
    happen and it made my anxieties worst.[​IMG]

18. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er

Reputation Points:
    buspar is a crappy antianxiety medication, it is only ever effective for people i refer to as "benzodiazapine virgins"... not only is it extremely weak the only way to abuse is to crush and snort... ooo and believe me u will feel it... u will wish u hadn't it. It makes u feel like shit, sick, tired but not in a pleasureable way... u will count the seconds till it goes away.

19. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene

Reputation Points:
    I came across 15 buspirone (the generic name for BuSpar) 15mg bars once. I decided to take them as directed, 1 bar a day. I was anxious to see what kind of anti-anxiety effect I would experience. Of course, I was also curious to see whether buspirone had any abuse potential (at the recomended dosage.) I have mild anxiety and after 5 days I hadn't noticed anything different. There was a mild sensation of anxiolytic-like action, but I wondered then just as I wonder now if it was just placebo. I didn't experience any side effects personally, although I wouldn't be surprised if many people did since this drug seems to be somewhat a mystery. Buspirone works on the serotonin receptor 5-HT1a receptor, and also has dopamine D2 antagonist/agonist properties. These properties usually result in the release of prolactin. All in all, my asessment of buspirone is that in a theraputic setting, it might have mild to substancial benefits but as a drug of abuse, none whatsoever. I'd like to note, however, that after about 7 days of taking buspirone, I was driving in my car and felt much more cheerful then normal. This is what I mean when I say 'placebo' vs. buspirone's effects.

20. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    The Combined Buspirone Thread

Swim's research concluded that the pills are Buspirone Hydrochloride, a drugs used to treak anxiety. But that is all the info swim could obtain, and he thought this was the best place to bring his questions. He was wondering if anyone had any experience/insight/knowledge about this drug and the best method of using it recreationally. Any responses would be appreciated, thanks, peace...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2010