butane lighter and such

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by wednesday, Dec 2, 2004.

1. wednesday

wednesday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    the last couple days i have definately been doing a lot of savlia but i have been using a normal lighter (just the plain leaf)

i have about a gram and a half of 10X and 1 gram or less of 15X and maybe 7 or 8 grams of the leaf left

but my question is im afriad to (not afriad but just worried i guess) use the noraml lighter with the extracts....

i have a great butane lighter but its out of butane right now and i jsut haven't gone and gotten any

i have used it in conjunction with salvia with great experiences and it seems like i have to smoke more of the leaf with the normal lighter so i am just asking if other people have experienced the difference between a noraml lighter and a butane lighter?

Paul

sorry for the spelling and such im a bit cold and jittery

2. cyalume

cyalume Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    i have only smoked extract, but i found the high temp lighters to be an absolute requirement. When I used a regular lighter all i would get would be a stoned feeling but thats it.. With a torch i saw other worlds [​IMG]

I always fancied a MAPP gas blow torch as the heat source as it is burning at like 6000 degrees or some insanely high number. When you use it you know your gonna vaporize the salvinorin :)

[​IMG]

3. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Ive used both, but the butane definately gives a better effect.</font>

4. wednesday

wednesday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i have a hurrican torch and its my best friend when it comes to smoking...i wish i had some more butane

have you guys ever refilled a butane lighter? because i have no idea how to...

Paul

5. cyalume

cyalume Gold Member

Reputation Points:

they do sell some butane lighters that are unrefillable, the majority however have a small refill hole in the bottomwhere the refill bottle's needle is inserted.

6. wednesday

wednesday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    mine has that...and that what i was thinking it was for but i wasn't sure now i just have to find some butane...should i just look at like a gas station?
    Paul

7. thydarkprevails

thydarkprevails Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    any hardware store will have butane...you might find it at a national chain like wallgreens, kmart, walmart or cvs...

8. scyrusurcys

scyrusurcys Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Cyalume, LOL. Yeah, that would be a VERY effective heat source. You would NEED a water-bong for that one! I would probably use a homemade water bong with more icecubes than water, tho! :D