Weight - Buying Mushrooms from a Dealer

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Markins, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Markins

Markins Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey, I did a search for thiis, but didn't find anything about my exact question.

A friend of mine finally found a hookup for some shrooms. I've got them waiting for me for XXX bucks- he says 4 nice big shrooms with caps (I haven't seen them myself yet). Is that a good price and a good number of them? If I split them between myself and 2 others, a mushroom andathird each, will that cause a nice good trip? I want my first experience to be pretty strong, but I have no idea how much each individual shroom actually is, and I've not seen any questions about this posted so far.

Also, if anyone knows, please respond soon - ifI wait too long, the connection might fall through, so I need to know as soon as possible. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
  2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    The answer that you could have found is that there is no good answer to your question if you do not know what species of shrooms you have and what weight. The shrooms you are laking about may not even be psilocybe.

3. Markins

Markins Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hmm..I was thinkign I should eat like half the stem of one..just to see if I get any minor hallucinations. Then if I do, then I'll know I have good stuff, and go ahead and eat the rest whenever. Does that sound like a good idea? I'll check with them on a field guide or something...maybe post the description on here to make sure they're the good stuff.

Plus, I can't weigh them because I dont' have a scale..It feels like around a quarter, which is what I wanted. But that's just a guess, being that I've bought pot in an eighth many times, and it feels like about double that. I dunno...I'll post the descriptions of them later and see if they're good shrooms.

Also, will they bruise blue after being dried, or just when they're fresh? Thanks for all the help!

4. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    A quarter for XXX? That's some damn good pricing, and for only being only 4 big shrooms and caps. What i would do if i were you is get an eighth (assuming they are dried)and split them with a friend, where i'm from you will be paying your price for an eighth, but that is what they usedto go for. Also. Eating 1/2 a stem? i wouldnt suggest it, go for 1/2 an eighth. My first time tripping i ate 1/2 an eighth and it was a good time, i enjoyed it. I dont think that 1/2 a stem will be potent enough for you to trip balls off of. (Stealing PoweredByHate's pic) but this is a quater [​IMG]

When you go to your dealer to get some mushrooms ask him to borrow his scale and weigh out 1/2 an eighth for anyone who is doing them. If your dealer is sketchy about that then i'd say he is a sketchy guy. But if it comes down to it lay everything u got onto a paper plate, and divy them up so that it looks equal. Know that the best shrooms are the stems and caps connected.

As for consuming them, try to eat them all at once with no drink until you are done, eat them on an empty stomach. If you are eating them in the morning try to eat very light the night before, and if your eating them at night, try to eat very little during the day, and fast for 7hrs+. the drink i have found that makes me trip the hardest (for some reason) is OJ. I think it is because of the acidy in the OJ, it breaks down the mushrooms and the trip is on. I love the taste of mushrooms hell when i eat them i let them sit in my mouth until i'm sick of them and then i chew them up and swollow them. Eat all the mushrooms i'm going to eat at that time and then one or two sipps of a drink.

Dont sit around and go "am i tripping?, is this what it's like to trip?, when am i going to start tripping?" Just sit back and do something fun, play xbox, watch tv, or something, and ~30 minutes later you should start to feel something.

As for turning blue, that happens when they are handled when they are fresh, the blue on the dried mushrooms are just where they were brused during picking. Nothing to worry about.

Muirner

5. Markins

Markins Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hmm...alright. THanks. The half-stem thing was just an idea to test if they were actually psilocybin (sp), becuae I was thinking I'd wait to see if I got any reaction, to know if it'd be good.

Yeah, if that's a quarter....I got 3 shrooms lol. Not a damn tray like that. Maybe my guess at weight is way off...I need a scale to make this easier though. I keep thinking "1 shroom," or "2 shrooms," but tha'ts not really helpful, since it goes by weight like you guys were saying. I'll prolly end up buying more at a higher price either way. These do taste like shit though...so that part's right :p

I dunno..I suppose there's not really a specific question coming out of this rant, so I'll put a stop to it. lol thanks guys

6. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    What ever i can do to help. Honestly that is a beautiful quarter. But there is no way that 3 caps and stems are a quarter unless they are massive. Figure it should be 4 nice caps and stems, or smaller if there are bigger (compinsate for size), per 1/8th.
    Weights:
    Gram --1g
    Eighth --3.5g's
    Quarter --7g's
    half -- 14g's
    Oz --28g's
    QP --112g's

You should ask to see your "friendly shroom dealer's" scale, he should have nothing to hide. The price u paid sounds like a typical price for an 1/8th.

In that picture if u look at the two full cap and stem shrooms on the left, that would be enough for a good trip i'd say. but if you only got 3shrooms i'd eat um all.

The half stem thing you'd be lucky to feel it i think, so as i say "Go all out or dont go out at all"

Muirner

7. Markins

Markins Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah...I thought the amounts were much smaller. It felt like about at least an eighth. I had 3 shrooms, bout 5 -7inches long and an inch wide. So yeah, I got raped lol. Oh well. Live and learn. Edited by: Markins

8. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    You might have gotten shorted a little bit, not a whole shit load though. Just next time be like when i got home i looked at this on the scale and on mine it didnt weigh out. can i see it on yours? He shouldnt have any reason not to show u. Anyways i'd guess your around the 2.7-3g range... Hey where are u from to be up right now? i'm from the US and it's 3am (as of when i'm posting)

9. Markins

Markins Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey, I'm in Michigan in the us. I was just up really late last ngiht. And forgive the bitchy rant-like nature of my last few notes. What happened was I ate the things, and nothign happened for like an hour, so I got a bit pissed. Apparently those shrooms just had a *long* up time...about 20 minutes after posting that, I was on the floor watching the words on my Led Zeppelin poster breathe and talk to each other, lol. So in the end it worked out. Thanks for all the advice, too though. Definetly more educated for next time.

Hopefully next time I'll have enough tos plit 'em so I can do it with someonethough [​IMG]

10. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    [​IMG]... Well good to hear that it worked out good for you in the end anyways. An eighth should be enough for you to trip twice off of with out real issue, or u can split them between u and a friend. Double that for a quarter. My advice is go get a scale or ask to see it on your dealers scale.

How long did the trip last for? i'd assume a few hours. And was this your first trip? If so did u enjoy it? let us know

Muirner

11. Markins

Markins Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well, the trip was...around 2 or 3 hours I'd say. It felt like about a week, being that I thought I was laughing for an hour, and came to find out it was 20 minutes or so :p

Overall it was an awesome trip, except that my friend is about ready to bite my head off now, since I didn't split 'em with her, lol...I thought it was too small an amount to split at the time. Oh well.

Wow, Muirn, just read your sig. What'd you spend 31 days in jail for?

12. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I was in jail for violation of home confinement. I had a dirty urine for pot when i was on home confinement and i just got outa jail 4/22.but it's good to be back, and good to be on the boards again, even though i've only been a memer for about 4months i love this place. if u wanna see what happened to me check the Some For All section, and the topic I'm Back i'll try to throw a link in my sig

Muirner