Purity - Buying Poisonous Mushrooms Instead of Hallucinogenic?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Markins, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Markins

Markins Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've been curious to try shrooms for some time now.I've heard that if you take the wrong type of shroom, you'll end up at the hospital. I had a few friends who could hook me up, but most of themare out of all that now. So now I'm looking to try them, but I have no one ot get them from. My problem is that I don't want to just buy from some random dealer I can't trust, because I'm worried that they'll be toxic (or even if they're not, I'll be thinking they are, and have a paranoid trip), orthey'll be really weak or whatever. My questionI guess is how big of a problemare toxic shrooms?And if I buy from a dealer how can I make sure they're good strong shrooms?

I tried a search, and didn't find much anything on this topic, so maybe its more of a paranoia I have. I dunno. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Mark

2. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    When going to buy them, look at the stems... they should have a
    bluish tint (psilocybin mushrooms bruise blue when handled).
    There's some good pictures on what they look like in the growing
    forum. Your friends can probably help you too.

I wouldn't really worry about getting bad ones; some people used to
    lace them with acid or PCP, but that's pretty rare these days.

Of course, the best long term solution is to do some reading and learn
    how to grow your own :D

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  3. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    Of course if u happen to live in an area where they grow wild u could go and find zillions of em without having to obtain seeds and do all that Dr. greenthumb stuff. Swim lives in eastern Canada and they come here in the fall, usually with the first frost. In this area they have a very thin stem and a bell shaped 'head' with a little dark nipple on the top.

If u dont live their then there are lots of various species containing psilo all over north america. Just look on the net or in books for the right pictures and info and talk to people in the know.

And remember "Flick before u Pick"

4. Igo4dolo

Igo4dolo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I doubt anyone would sell you posiouns mushrooms the worst that could happen is nothing and its some bunk shit, but usually you get what you pay for. Hell they could be portabella

5. Markins

Markins Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I remember seeing a really good field guide for picking them with pictures and native regions, but I've been looking for a little while andI can't find it again. I'll try again in a little bit, and put it up here if I can find it.

6. wizard

wizard Newbie

Reputation Points:

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible!

You can die from the wrong type of mushrooms, many are highly highly toxic!

Not only that but not all mushrooms that stain blue are safe to consume, even some of them are poisonous.

There are many magic mushrooms that look alike but are not the same. Some of these also look just like your normal cubensis mushroom, but are not.

Please be safe, you can be hurt (even die) majorly from consuming the wrong mushroom.

7. Markins

Markins Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'll get 'em from someone I trust, and try to compare them to one of the field guides. You got me paranoid now :p