Buying Salvia divinorum In The U.S.

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by Psilocybe S., Jul 7, 2004.

1. Psilocybe S.

Psilocybe S. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I know you can get it online, and in the UK you can buy it in headshops, but can you buy it in "american" headshops? its not controlled, but I really dont think you can buy it somewhere around like that. Am i wrong?

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    you are not wrong. however, you can buy it online. can't name them on here, since it is to be discussed on the Sources forum, but find the place online that sells it at 50grams for BOOGABOOGA, it's the best source.

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  3. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Kemikaru_Tenshu Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    You are wrong actually. I was in a well known headshop downtown this weekend picking up some items, and they had a huge jar of Salvia on a shelf behind the counter. So it's around, you just have to know where to look.

~KT

4. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hmmm. A friend of mine runs one of the well known headshops in seattle and they don't carry salvia because the DEA has already announced their Intent to make it schedule 1, which will most likely be going into effect one year from their announcement, which will be this october. After the DEA announces it's intent to make something schedule 1 on an emergency basis, usually all they need to do is find somebody who is selling it for the use as a drug to push through the classification.

5. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    And they will always find that person.

~KT

6. Psilocybe S.

Psilocybe S. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    So, it will be illegal sometime soon?

7. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    ^^^^^^^^^^Probably. They need something new to go after, just like they did with GHB and Ketamaine a few years ago, and as they are doing with prohormones and GBL, 1,4-butanediol, etc. now. They need something to keep them busy, and vilifying everything we find fun or enlightening seems to do just that.

~KT

8. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I bought salvia in a head shop in Cali. while on vacation.It was 10x, and wasnt worth beans. Cost me 30 bucks for a gram. Best bet is to buy 20x online.

9. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    The problem with salvia extracts is that you can't see if it's 5X 10X 20X or 2X, pure or impure. You just have to trust the label. I would not dare using 20Xin the same dose as10X. The question is what the stength really is. Of 20 X you would need 100 mg. if the 20X means 20 times as potent as normal leaves.Imaginetaking twice or triple thedesired dose.The stuff is more expensive than gold. I've started a topic on brands of salvia extracts in the sources forum.

10. Psilocybe S.

Psilocybe S. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Too bad i'm not a gold member.

100mg of 20x? I smoked one bowl of 5x, and I would said it was like 50mg, and I got effects, and with 20x being much stronger, I would think you wouldent even need that much...Although I may be wrong since i never weighed it out before smoking. I'm just going by mg doses I see with other drugs.

11. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    It is almost impossible to eyeball doses like that.

12. Psilocybe S.

Psilocybe S. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Very true.

Salvia is mostly shake though, and a gram of it, is more than a gram of pot, so ur more than likely right about the 100mg thing. I'm going to weigh out 100mg of this 10x I just got today, and see how it works out.

Should I dose a little higher? Salvia 5x dident do too much for me, But i'm a little worried 10x maybe too strong. Should I expect to actually see stuff this time?

13. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Of10X you would need 200 mg if the 10X means 10 times as strong. There are extracts that are stronger and many that are weaker. There is no difference between 5X 10X or 20X, only the concentration. 5X should do the trick, but there is so much bogus on the market these days.

14. mycoguy

mycoguy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    Off The Wall, in the U-District sells 5x, 10x, and 20x. Was just there 2 days ago.

15. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    lol that's where my friend worked just a year ago and they wasn't selling it then. :)

what a small strange world .... however, I think naming the headship may push this topic into the sources forum.

16. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I would say your best bet would be to get one of those 1 hit pipes, and start slow if you dont know the strength.

17. Desertfox

Desertfox Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That headshop mentioned before is seeling grams of the x20 for about as much of a gram of coke costs. seems a little outrageous to me.

18. Vividepictions

Vividepictions Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah... Way overpriced.

19. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Dont buy salvia from head shops. Mail order sources are better quality anyways, and headshop sales are bringing lots of negative attention to this herb and will speed up the inevitable scheduling process. All they need is a correlation between use and severe injury or death (real or not) and bye bye salvia in the US. Best that fans of this herb start to grow it now..

So please do not patronize these greedy assholes selling the stuff in stores.

Snapper