Oral use - Bypassing kratom's texture without capsules?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by paranoid_android, Nov 22, 2006.

1. paranoid_android

paranoid_android Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Most people go on about taste, but what about the texture? I am an unemployed college student, so I have to maximize the effects of kratom without using too much of it. I have heard that, generally, this is best done by consuming the kratom itself rather than making a filtered tea.

I have tried toss and wash. Ech. He said it felt like eating dirt and every time, no matter how little SWIM put on his tongue, I felt the gag reflex come up. I have also tried mixing with coffee, and mixing with water. Both times were horrible, and are only bested by toss-and-wash in terms of the shitty texture.

All that having been said, I cannot do the capsule method because I don't have the money to buy it pre-capped or to cap it himself.

So, for his next dose, what should SWIM try to minimize the texture and still achieve maximum effects? I've heard mixed results (no pun intended) when using it in applesauce. I also heard once about mixing the kratom in an iced drink, so if SWIM can get ahold of a slush puppie at some point SWIM may try that as well. I will post back on his results with the applesauce as soon as I get his shipment in (Green-Vein kratom that was only half a dollar more expensive than the premium commercial, so SWIM figured what the hell).

In the meantime, can anyone offer tips as to what best potentiates and maximizes the effects of Kratom? I'm looking for any first-hand experience with things like antihistimines, NyQuil, chamomile, or whatever works for [SWI]you.

Thanks in advance. His wallet also sends its regards. :D

2. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from U.S.A.
    For the texture I have no idea, capping machines are really all that pricy and a worthwhile investment if You plans on using kratom quite a bit. As for increasing the strength asprin and acetomitphen seems to potentiate it a bit. Prob because it thins your blood allowing it to pass through your system faster.

--Nera

3. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Applesauce works, but if you calculate the doses ingested with applesauce, it will over time cost as much as gelcaps. A 00 gelcap holds about 650 mg packed, which makes for a good dose without tolerance of 5-10 caps. If you get a bag of 500, it should last quite a while. Costs about $15 at the pricey whole foods in my area.
    You need a good amount of applesauce to mask 5 g of kratom, and it still has that texture. SWIM can relate, as kratom straight, in any foods or as tea triggers an uncontrollable regurgitation. The gelcaps are worth it, and do not decrease potency, but do slow the onset and hence dampen the peak.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bongo & Co. simply slurry the powder - up to 15gm. - in hot water and slug it down. As long as there are no lumps to trigger an epiglottal* gag-reflex - there have been no problems if sitting down and then take a sip of clear H2O. Or two.

* I know a few out there will love this phrase!

5. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    another poster mentioned something about taking it in yogurt, and having recently tried this, I recommend it. I cannot seem to drink the water/kratom mix for anything. its grainy texture makes me retch, and often times feel nauseous through the whole experience.

epiglottal is a funny word, but then, so is spatula.

6. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    15 g !?

I would projectile puke that much on the wall opposite ingestion site.
    SWIM gave up on finding a suitable non-vegi-cap vehicle to administer powdered leaf. All substances used created an aversion over a short period of time. Only gelcaps are ingestable now, though I feel they are not as potent as taking leaf in another carrier like applesauce. It is more the bitter taste than the texture for SWIM, though neither is pleasant.

7. tayo

tayo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you boil say 30-40 grams of good quality leaf for about 20 minutes then put it in a french press you'll get two good dose cups, start with one, make sure you use lots of honey. if not enough go drink the rest. save the kratom leaves used and reboil and strain, this will give you another dose maybe more of the tea. it all depends on quality and desired effect though, 2 cups might make one nod.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  8. erriksen

erriksen Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't mind too much putting a teaspoon of kratom on the tongue and washing it down but it IS like washing down dry sand. I don't mind the taste too much so it isn't a problem. It might be worth mixing it with a large glass of fresh orange (the stuff with "bits" in it). I used that technique back in the day when he tried nutmeg (!). Sad days mate.

9. tayo

tayo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    or dump some kratom powder into a cup of milk, add chocolate syrup, and honey and mix thoroughly. down it!

10. Br00klynB0y87

Br00klynB0y87 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    If You is concerned about texture I would suggest avoiding Kratom in the powder form. Instead You should look into purchasing whole/crushed leaf and brew his/her own tea. There are many advantages in doing so, cheaper, pure liquid since you strain the leaves and have no powder to drink, also another great thing about brewing your own tea is the fact that you can boil your dose down to as little as a shot glass.

As far as things that potentiates and maximizes the effects of Kratom check this thread;

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/26271

By the way, awesome user name. :)

11. bob_arctor

bob_arctor Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden

SWIM concurs, yoghurt or honey-flavoured fil has been used many times in the Arctorian lab. If finely powdered, even less of a problem to just swig it down.

12. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    SWIM swears by his capsule machine! Both then taste and texture are disgusting.

13. jracula

jracula Newbie

Reputation Points:
    48 y/o
    swim tried it wraped in toilet paper (1 ply) it did work great no taste
    but make sure you dont make the wad to big so that you choke.
    I like making his own caps now thow

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  14. geophagus

geophagus Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have found that using a hand held blender instead of just stirring it with a spoon has helped quite a bit with the texture.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  15. geophagus

geophagus Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM really doesn't want to come off sounding like a broken record around here, especially since the post right above this post is where SWIM originally reported about this, and since I am still a newbie here. :eek:

However, since I posted the previous post above this a few days ago, I have become much more convinced in the effectiveness of using of a hand held blender (or any electric blender) to mix up the kratom in the water. This has made a tremendous difference concerning the texture "issues" that I was dealing with.

What used to be a texture "issue" for SWIM, has since almost become a complete "non-issue" for SWIM. SWIM hopes that the power blender idea helps You with your texture "issues" as much as it has helped SWIM with his texture "issues." ;)

16. whatsupdoc

whatsupdoc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Forget toss and wash and capsules. A FOF found the best way is to mix anything powdered with a yogurt smoothie (e.g., Dannon 9-oz Light and Fit .) You can add a little Splenda to sweeten it some or maple syrup and extra milk if you want to put more Kratom in. Drink ice cold, taste pretty good.

PS - Don't use honey to sweeten if drinking ice cold.

17. realfolkblues

realfolkblues Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I dont understand. All these posts about yogurt and such, If I did that he would be sick. Swim must have an empty stomach

18. whatsupdoc

whatsupdoc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A FOF tried making tea using a mix of Yogi tea and Kratom resin ( cracked into small chunks) in a regular Mr Coffee maker. Results were so so with some filter clogging.