BZP replacement pills available soon

Discussion in 'Piperazines' started by psychedelaholic, Aug 24, 2006.

1. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    As BZP is being banned, well it was already illegal in the UK since 1968 but the ban is now being enforced, there is a company releasing some new piperazine free pills to replace the BZP ones. I was wondering if anyone had heard about this and if anyone could speculate on what could be replacing it?
    [sources discussion is not allowed. read the rules!]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2007
    1. 1/5,
      offering sources
      Mar 3, 2007
    2. 2/5,
      Do not offer to give sources through pms!
      Mar 3, 2007
  2. Thirdedge

Thirdedge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    The Piperazine 'Partypills' are essentially designer drugs. When any designer drug becomes prohibited the manufacturer will generally redesign it to fit through remaining legal loopholes. The new product will often be stronger and even less researched than the product it replaces. This process is probably eternal.

In New Zealand there are already non - piperazine partypills available, released prematurly in My opinion. Swim will not name these ingredients as it seems the authorites are combing the web forums looking for new substances to ban.

Swim thinks the answer to all of this is to simply decriminalize and strictly regulate the old favourites like Lsd, Mescaline, Shrooms etc.

3. Storming Heaven

Storming Heaven Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    regulation of pills is the only sensible action the problem is goverments can ban bzp but the fact is it has been detected in ectascy pills for years so it will continue to be included as an ingredient the difference is that the figures will no longer be valid so a goverment can claim that demand for bzp "will drop" or after ban "has dropped" and nobody will be able to claim otherwise. At the moment we have industry figures stating 26 million sales no deaths but after a ban anyone that kicks the bucket on pills will just be considered an ex or meth death. the goverment will claim false victory and then contradict themselves by saying "dont by off the streets you dont know what you are getting and it could be dangerous".
    Its all just spin spin spin at the end of the day!!

4. Zaprenz

Zaprenz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Is BZP really illegal?

I find the medicines act confusing. Sure its a registered POM(Prescription only medicines) but the patent will have run out.

Anyway if its a POM that is NOT controlled (this inc Benzos, Opiates, etc and BZP is definately not a controlled drug YET) it will be still LEGAL to import from another country providing it is for personal use (this indirectly means in small quantities).

Anyway BZP powder if being sold from Ethno supplies UK to UK at the moment so its just a matter of time before it becomes class B I would imagine. Until then though it will be legal to import.

This is my understanding of the situation, please correct me if I am wrong.

5. IkBenDeMan

IkBenDeMan Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    That may be true in England, however, for those of us in the US, erowid states that it is Schedule I, meaning personal use or not, it's illegal. However, I don't think there's any recorded cases of problems with this..

6. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    BZP is not a registered medicine. It's a compound which effects the CNS and human organs, plus it's sold in capsules or tablets. That makes it a unregistered medicine and fall under the authorithy of the UK MHRA by default. The MHRA is just throwing sand in our eyes by saying piperazines are regulated. They are, but not because they are piperazines. Any replacement PILLS will fall under the medicine law just as well.

7. Zaprenz

Zaprenz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Depends, I thought the "Substance X in the form of PILL/Capsule" law only applied to medicines which claim to CURE a disease.

For example many health supplements are sold (e.g vinpocetine) which are basically medicines. This is legal (I believe) because on the container it never states it is to cure a specific disease.

Problem with the legal highs were they claimed they were "harm minimisation" solutions and an alternative for illegal drugs such as meth, amp, MDMA. This could definately be classed as trying to cure a disease, akin to methadone and opiate addiction.

This might be why UK companies have stopped selling PILLS completely but ONE in particular, a fairly popular one is now selling powder (obviously not for human consumption ) as a "research chemical" My guess is they've spoked to their lawyers and they have figured it out that way.

[Again this is my understanding of the situation, don't take this as fact, I'm not 100% sure]

8. Zaprenz

Zaprenz Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    ^ Just realised they have in the last few days taken off the BZP powder.

Still would be interested in whether the powder is legal to a) SELL and B) IMPORT

As powder can no longer be classed as a medicine if it is not for human consumption. A medicine is both a drug and a formulation.

If the medicine act does class it somehow though as a medicine - is it still legal to import? I can't think of a reason why it would be illegal as its still legal to import any medication providing its not controlled.

I guess the upshot of it all is its going to be illegal soon anyway so ultimately who cares.

9. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    The claim to stimulate, hallucinate, etc. means to have effect on the CNS/organs and thus defines it as a med.