1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Can anyone please help me identify some pictures of mushrooms?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Brandy Meyers, May 31, 2017.

1. Brandy Meyers

Brandy Meyers Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from Tennessee, United States
    I need help identifying some mushrooms please. A friend sent pictures of these and is concerned they're not the right kind. Please help she doesn't want to get poisoned lol. 14961896726551163240008. 14961896726551163240008. 1496189924097-1084806193.

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from The Netherlands
    The first one is not a psilocybe mushroom. The second photo is too vague to say.

3. Brandy Meyers

Brandy Meyers Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is this any better? And they were all found growing straight from cow manure. Does that mean anything? IMG_20170530_193314.

4. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Do they bruise?

5. Brandy Meyers

Brandy Meyers Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What does that mean? Lol

6. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you are asking what you are asking, just stop. You have no business eating mushrooms of any type. You clearly have zero idea how to ID a mushroom, let alone how to even take a useful photograph.

Go get a stack of books on mushrooms, read them start to finish, once you have a comprehensive understanding of anatomy and what a binomial key is, we can talk.

Till then, no putting mushrooms in your mouth.

The top ones are some sort of blurry inky cap, the bottom ones are just blurry.

7. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    It means the difference between getting extremely sick or not. Bruising is a basic level word that you need to grasp.
    Your picture is too vague to ID it. My guess is that the second picture is not a magic mushroom and that it will get you sick. If you bruise it and it doesn't discolour then it certainly not a good idea to put in your mouth. If it does discolour then there is reason to look into it further. With clear pictures.

@Potter is 100% right that you need to read up on magic mushrooms. You will likely enjoy doing so and it will give you understanding that will be valuable to you.
    Maybe we need to add a small index with the essential books on DF with links to amazon, etc like we used to have. That would be ideal for situations like this.

8. Brandy Meyers

Brandy Meyers Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I came on here expecting useful information and friendly people. Alfa, thank you very much for you help. As for Potter, you can go fuck yourself. I didn't come on here to be talked down to like I'm some kind of child. Your right. I know absolutely nothing about mushrooms of any type. That does not give you any right to talk down to me. This will be the last time I post on this website or even check the thread.

9. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    @Brandy Meyers please do consider that various mushrooms can put you in the hospital. So proper identification and misidentification should not be taken lightly.
    Even though being talked down to is not nice, consider that there is a level of care involved here. Potter informed you that the top photo are Inky Caps, which can be poisonous. It is valuable information for you.

We have hundreds of thousands of members here who have posted millions of messages. Are you going to stop reading because one of our member is unkindly informing you that you have poisonous mushrooms? Think about it.