Can anyone verify that this was actual mescaline?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by Dowtie, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Dowtie

Dowtie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    So a friend of mine recently got what was supposedly mescaline and taken it a couple times and is very interested in making sure that is what he actually took, as its such a rare thing to find. It came in a capsule and consisted of a crystaly off white substance that looked like small chunks of rock salt as well as some slighlty larger chunks of a more yellowish and powdery looking substance, but the colors were pretty similar and it is very likely it is just chunks of the crystals that werent as broken up.

The trip lasted about 5-6 hours, peaking somewhere around 2 1/2 to 3. He got pretty nasueous about an hour after ingestion and would experience it moreso when during the more intense "waves" that periodically came and went, as many halucinogens are prone to have. Some of the others who tripped at the same time vomited and reported feeling much better as a result.

He reported a nice, euphoric body high in the beginning and overall feelings of peace and oneness with nature. He said being outside was particularly nice, particularly in wide open areas where the vastness of everything could be appreciated. Everything seemed to flow and move together and for a brief period in the beginning some double vision-like symptoms appeared- everything seemed to be multiple images constantly shifting in and out of focus. This did not seem to hamper his vision that much and either it went away or he quit noticing it during the trip.

For the most part he felt very clear headed and conscious of everything that was going on, much different than the confusion that comes from other substances. He said it seemed like a good drug to just close your eyes and think on- meditate, if you will,- and that it felt like his mind was expanded and he could reach out into the universe when his eyes were shut.

Most of these details seem to be consistent with mescaline trips with the exception of the length, which is where the doubt comes in. Could the shorter length than most accounts be the result of merely a smaller dose, or does it indicate that this is something different.

He sent me a few pictures he took on his computer of it, but as I've already experienced a deleted post with them I'm reluctant to post them until I know more about the rules regarding the subject. Assuming they are allowed, however, I will post them.

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Definately was NOT mescaline. How much chemical was in the capsules? No way to speculate what it was; other then it wasn't mescaline. Many research chemicals, especially 2c-x substances and DOx substances are sold as mescaline or synthetic mescaline. By the timelime swip would guess a 2c-x substance.... but no way to know for sure. Definately wasn't mescaline.

3. Dowtie

Dowtie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What makes you so certain? For the most part the capsules were completely filled and if anyone can verify the policy on pictures for me I can post some.

Other things I didnt mention: he experienced an instense thirst and drank a lot of water during the experience. The onset and comedown were both fairly slow and gradual, with the exception of the occasional "waves" of intensity. Patterns were seen in clouds, etc, very much reminiscent of those you might see in native american tapestries.

4. Dowtie

Dowtie Newbie

Reputation Points:
  5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I quite assure you that you can tell SWIM that Pinkavvy is correct that it wasn't mescaline. The description of effects are wrong. The substance's appearance is wrong. And real mescaline is extremely expensive and time-consuming to create - whether from natural sources or synthetic. This is why you never find it being offered for sale. Offered once in a great while - but only from friends who did a lot of work!

Look around the site here for more information. Use the search engine. Pink is correct in stating it likely was/is a 2-C molecule.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  6. Dowtie

Dowtie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hmm. I believe what you all say about this, but it is disapointing nonetheless. I know the source, who is similarly convinced that whatever he has been getting and taking is mescaline, but the appearance of the pill was what made him investigate in the first place. At first he thought it may have just been cut, but the responses here seem to indicate there is no possible way that is true. I have read about mescaline a great deal but knows little to nothing about 2-C substances and is also much more apphrehsive about getting involved in man made concoctions, particularly those whose identity is not known.

If this is most certainly not what mescaline looks like, what does the real thing resemble? Pictures have been exceedingly hard to find on the subject.

7. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    crystalized mesclaine is hardly ever avalible,swim dosent ever expect to see it outside of his own extracts.and like previusly mentiond this wouldent go very far from him,close freinds only.just because of the expense and time required to extract it,while an extract isint hard its anoying,hopefullly one day the streets will be flooded with synthectic but swim dosent see that happing anytime soon.if My friends and I enjoyed it who cares if it wasent mescaline?just dont take more then one dose or mix(even with presricptions) it seeing as you dont know what it is.

8. Dowtie

Dowtie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    After some more research and a talk with his source, I am now quite sure that, whatever it was it was, it was not mescaline. The clear powder in the capsules turned out to be sugar and were just a filler to make the pills not look like a ripoff. This means that whatever the yellowish substance is is what makes the trip, and there is far too little of it to be plausible as mescaline.

Whatever it is, it is fun, but taking unknown substances is not something SWIM particularly likes to do. He will probably do it again, but not without ascertaining exactly what is contained within.

9. boti420

boti420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Mescaline also tends to cause a great deal of nausea in many people. It lasts longer along the duration of a LSD trip, it has a great body euphoria similiar to mdma. It is really hard to tell wha tchemical it might have been. Even an epxerienced tripper will have a hard time discerning psychedelics if they are given to him in a blind test. The duration of this trip is wha tmakes me really doubt it's authenticity as a mescaline experience.