1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Effects - Can cocaine really make people angry?

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by BlackSkullRacer, Sep 22, 2011.

1. BlackSkullRacer

BlackSkullRacer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    In the movie Scarface, one of the reasons why Tony Montana acted the way he did was because he was high on cocaine. Then again, movies are notorious for exaggerating or lying about the effects of drugs (Dumbo's "Pink Elephants on Parade" is a prime example).

I have heard that cocaine induces euphoria, but can it also make the user more angry than usual?

2. msjaguarxj6

msjaguarxj6 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    If you use a lot of cocaine or have used for a long time it can make you very agressive and violent. It's the affects on your brain and nervous system. Do you ask because you're thinking of trying it? Or just curious? If you are planning on doing it don't worry. You probably won't have any rampages or violent outbursts if you're taking it responsibly.

3. Brookster

Brookster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    It can make u a nervous wreck ,quite the opposite

4. anthonyc

anthonyc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It does not directly make people angry...

However, the adulterants, diluents, environments of the "culture", etc... can be contributing factors that can lead to anger..

5. ocking

ocking Newbie

Reputation Points:
    1/3 of cocaine in America is tainted.
    Because drugs are illegal you cannot know what exactly is in them unless they are homemade. Pure cocaine shouldnt make you angry, unless you are a chronic user. However, the chances of finding pure cocaine the US is not really possible and the cuts in cocaine are usually more dangerous and have more negative symptoms than coke itself.

6. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    It never made me violent......kinda of annoyed at not feeling anything that great from it the 40 some times I did it........but never violent. I think in the movie "Scarface" it was because of psychosis that Tony Montana started to lose it, just like in the untouchables when the main character gets sloppy and gets caught. Actually, in many cocaine movies, it shows how excessive use causes people to go off the deep end, I really think this is from sleep deprivation and psychosis brought on by the chemicals in the brain being overstimulated.

7. fiveseat

fiveseat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I kicked a coke habit two years back. I used regularly for about six months (not that long, I know) but it never made me angry. Nervous? absolutely. There is such a thing as "Cocaine Psychosis" that can occur as a result of heavy and repeated use. this condition can cause the individual in question to act violent, erratic and paranoid but this is only after sustained heavy use. While I obviously discourage using coke habitually, it's a fun high and worth experiencing once