1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Other - Can I share a 0.6g trip report?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushroom use' started by hitomoni, Jun 22, 2017.

1. hitomoni

hitomoni Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from .
    It's been over a year since I've used magic mushrooms, and had to stop using them because I was prescribed risperidone (which IMO was wrongly prescribed and did me no favours at all). Been off that **** for a couple months now and decided to try 0.6g dried p'cybin mushrooms. I know it's a low dose but I wanted to start low to be safe.

I can't use cannabis anymore because reasons, LSD makes me too anxious, kratom does nothing for me and alcohol feels such a nasty and unclean way to get ***ed up.

I did feel something but it wasn't much- no visuals so I never actually tripped. But what I did feel did feel good, at one point I felt a lovely stoned-like feeling in my head but it didn't last long. Had a very brief period where I felt able to sort a few things out mentally and enjoyed listening to music. That's about it really. Felt a little disappointed it never came to much.

I'm a 6ft adult male. I think at least 1g would be needed to have more enjoyment.

From a year ago the highest dose I took it was either 1.5g or 2.5g can't remember. But all of my mushroom experiences (maybe 5 or 6) I've handled fine and had a great time and enjoyed the CEVs. LSD on the other hand I can't handle I dislike the whole melting thing.

Had a great long sleep (and had a dream about looking for magic mushrooms for a friend) and feel in a slightly better mentally place today. Just wished I had taken a little more to get a more fun experience and more benefit.

2. Scrofula

Scrofula Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from California
    Sounds like you just did share a 0.6g trip report.

I'm not sure if that's small enough, but a lot of people say "micro-dosing" like that is great for depression and creativity.

I just hope you're being careful if you have any mental health stuff going on (they gave you risperidone for something, right?). And it's safe to talk to your shrink about the drugs you take.

3. hitomoni

hitomoni Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from .
    The risperidone was for something that happened a year ago. That's history. And I think the lack of motivation the risperidone gave me just made me worse. I feel so much better being off it and I really think I should not have been put on it, that s**t gave me nightmares made me want to stay in bed all day and was one of the low points of my life.

Unfortunately I no longer talk to any professionals about my recreational drug use so they will not hear about my mushroom use, I did mention my use of cannabis to my social worker and found it to be a big mistake. I got a lot of pestering from her she kept asking who did I get it from (yeah like I'm going to snitch on a drug dealer and get a brick through my window) and I recall her saying "people who use drugs have something missing from their lives" and to me that's just judgemental IMO professionals shouldn't be judgemental to their clients. I also found a GP to be very cold and unfriendly when I talked to her about cannabis. I live in the UK, I wonder if it would have been any different if I had lived in Netherlands or Portugal or Colorado USA where attitudes are a bit better.

And also just to add to OP when I was thinking about stuff under the influence it occurred to me just how important eye contact is with other people, how much information you can get just from looking at someone's eyes and the connection you make with someone by making eye contact with them.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  4. Scrofula

Scrofula Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from California
    Sorry I can't make eye contact over the internet. Well, we could, but I think that's against the rules here. My eyes are creepy anyway.

I agree, best not to mention drug use to your social worker. Although, if you had some kind of addiction, she might be able to connect you to treatment. I doubt she'd turn you in.

But, you're gonna meet judgmental bastards wherever you go, about any thing. Booze is legal in most places, but all you have to do is say "alcohol" and people freak out. It can't hurt (probably) to try to reconnect with a therapist or shrink. If the risperidone didn't work, something else might.

Anyway, a lot of people enjoy that kind of shroom dose. They get the giggles for an afternoon and avoid the deep parts that can stress you out. And still get a little insight.

5. Shampoo

Shampoo entity of sorts Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from france
    Psychedelic drug effects are far more complex than visuals, and this is a very poor metric for deciding whether or not something was effective. Many psychedelic drugs have little or no visual effects at all, but this does not mean that they are inactive. Visuals are just one (and in my opinion, amongst the most overrated) effects of psychedelic drugs. From what it sounds like, you did feel the effects of the mushrooms, so I am not sure how you concluded that you "never actually tripped." I think that collectively, the psychonaut community could use a refresher on what psychedelic drugs are and what they do.

6. hitomoni

hitomoni Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from .
    I know there is more to psych. drugs than visuals- altered thought perception, enhanced senses, physical sensations in head and body, euphoria, creative/surreal imagination etc. Or at higher doses synaesthesia or ego loss..

I just thought a "trip" was when you closed your eyes and got treated to visual stuff.

7. Scrofula

Scrofula Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from California
    It's just a term. Semantics. With psychedelics, language gets even fuzzier. On 5-OH-MiPT I believe, it literally becomes quite distorted.

And really, words make mean different to different drug-user types. Meth is famous for making people "trip," just in a completely different way, even though meth totally can give you hints of a "trip".

Things like "English" would make you think a trip should at least involve going somewhere, but with your ego death, you just disappear completely. Even you don't know where you went (everywhere).

Most psychedelics users focus on the changes in thought process, coupled with a sense of the profound or sacred, or maybe a sense of unusual insight, an experience where you seem to see something (not literally) from an angle you didn't know it was possible to look from. Any rich version of these could be called a "trip". Some people will insist on more or less ardor to be "legitimate" but if they're worried about that, they seem to have missed something in their own trips.

But, what we can do, is disregard other drug-class users and their hallucinations. No, not really, but just to compare for this discussion, the most intense "visuals" I've experienced came with megadoses of Benadryl. In fact, those were even "true" hallucinations, in that I really believed I was having a conversation with foliage. It had a face and everything. What it also had was utter banality. You might or might not talk to a tree while on LSD, and you might ask, with some genuine concern, what it's like to live a hundred years stuck in the same spot with bugs crawling up and down your body. You might imagine the tree talking back, but you probably won't see it talking. On high dose anti-cholinergics, you will literally see the tree's lips and mouth move, and the tree may even walk around on spider legs. But this won't even seem scary. If you remember it at all, it will be the most boring, waiting-for-the-bus conversation ever. Nothing seems "gained" from the experience, and so while you're free to call it a "trip" it doesn't compare to a rich mushroom trip.

Plenty of people will argue, including me in another thread, that it's hard to see how 5-HT2a agonism is any more "valid" than acetylcholine antagonism. I didn't really speak to the Mushroom God (It speaks, you only listen) after all. So maybe just lightly respect the subjective experiences of others and try not to judge too much (at least in front of them). I have heard that temporal lobe epilepsy is what really makes you talk to a god anyway.

8. hitomoni

hitomoni Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from .
    1 week later I tried 0.8g

again not much and no visuals. But it's still enjoyable.

Nice feeling in head
    Nice feeling in body
    Feels beneficial re helping me to think about things from a different perspective seeing what I need to do differently to make my life better for myself

9. Scrofula

Scrofula Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from California
    Well if you enjoy it and think it helps (and no one's complaining) . . . what is it exactly "not much" of? Are you seeking some deep transdimensional fusion with the mycelial underpinnings of reality (who isn't)?

Ok originally you wanted to play it safe after some obnoxious life experiences. You've taken up to 2.5 grams before and didn't lose your mind or burn your eyes out staring at the sun. You're inching toward a gram again. And you're enjoying it. So . . . it's a win/win either way you go, seems to me.