1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Can I smoke pure amphetamine powder?

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by hulkhogan, Aug 8, 2006.

1. hulkhogan

hulkhogan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Okay, I'll play this silly little game- In MY DREAMS....I just received pure amphetamine powder from an overseas co.
    It is real as I have tried it but my question is can it be smoked?
    And if yes how do I do it? Dosage etc.
    Thanks,

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  2. Bajeda

Bajeda Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Please familiarize yourself with the rules of the forum before posting here. You can read the rules here ----> http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/announcement.php?f=43&a=1

I suggest you post/lurk in the new members section for a little bit and figure out how things work here before getting into too much trouble.

Don't incriminate yourself!

3. hulkhogan

hulkhogan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oh we are back to Grade 2 swim. Gotcha ya'.

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    In your dream did you get the actual chemical amphetamine? Or was it another member of the amphetamine family?

BajEdit: I believe that any type of amphetamine can be smoked, but I am not sure on this. Better wait for another member of the forum more experienced with amphetamines to give you a more definitive answer. I do know that smoking amphetamines is much more risky than most other methods of ingestion (besides IV IMHO) and it is easier to develop an addiction. What would be the reason the person in your dreams has for smoking it rather than simply swallowing it?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  5. fishinabottle

fishinabottle Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I believe one won´t have much fun trying to smoke amphetamine sulfate. And amphetamine comes mostly as the sulfate in difference to methamphetamine as amphetamine.HCl is hygroscopic.

6. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    But what about smoking the freebase?

7. hulkhogan

hulkhogan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It's this:

[​IMG]

D-Amphetamine Sulfate Salt
    (+)-greekalpha-Methylphenethylamine Sulfate Salt; Dextroamphetamine Sulfate Salt; D-Benzedrine sulfate

8. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yeah I think amphetamine needs to be converted into its freebase to be smoked.
    I hear everyone smoking the salts with no effects.
    There is a thread on converting amphetamine sulfate to freebase. Quite a simple A/B procedure.

9. Operacya_Y

Operacya_Y Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    How to smoke amphetamine freebase, how to smoke liquid?

10. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    liquid amphetamine?
    Surely there would be an extraction or evaporation if it's any sort of liquid.

SWIM would imagine smoking it would be the same as smoking meth, or any freebase substances.

11. Operacya_Y

Operacya_Y Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Free base amphetamine is liquid, and if you want to evaporate fb, its would be the same pure if SWIO use NaOH to make ph7.SWIO wrote about that.

12. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    When people want solid freebases they usually just let them sit for a while to get the oil to crystallize.

13. fishinabottle

Reputation Points:
    As told before amphetamine freebase as methamphetamine freebase is a liquid volantile oil, which will simply evaporate rather quickly about standing on air. It will crystallize (the little what does not evaporate) to form the carbonate (with the CO2 in air) which is even less smokeable then the sulfate.

It is possible though to keep the freebase in a closed bottle (preferably in the fridge) for some time until it decomposes. The freebase can be inhaled, just put a drop into a lightbulb, warm slightly and inhale the vapor.

The mush which is sold as "freebase" or "Paste" is probably either amphetamine.HCl which sucks water from the air for being hygroscopic or badly crystallized meth.HCl - almost oiled out.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  14. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Oh, I actually thought amphetamine freebase crystallized upon standing.
    Fishinabottle: When it has decomposed, will it still be liquid?

15. Operacya_Y

Operacya_Y Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIO is agree with fishinabottle.He saw all this procedures on his own practice.
    So its possible to smoke amphetamine sulphate?

Amphetamine sulphate crystallizing when he is standing in the are, but one time SWIO left all fb and was not crystallized.

16. fishinabottle

Reputation Points:
    If the freebase is very pure and in an airtight container and stored not too warm then it may be stable for a rather long time, when impurities are present it may decompose rather quickly. But thats more theoretical as I never heard of somebody who really tried this, but I heard of people who left freebase (liquid) accidentially standing open in the warm and found themselves with half of it or more gone the next day. Uh! Evaporation is much quicker when water is present or humidity is high.

17. java

java Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Here ia a pic of d-amphetamine which was synthezised using d- phenylalanine reduced to the alcohol, d-phenylalaninol then reduced with hypo/I2 and refluxed for 12 hours.......it looks pretty solid....solo

Attached Files:

18. bezoune

bezoune Newbie

Reputation Points:
    a swim who i does'nt know actualy smoke his pills .

its always get you high and pretty fast onset

It taste very bad but.....you get high

but i heard that first amphetamine who was used for medication.....was vaporisation or something like that .... people innhale it

on erowid the write :
    1932-Amphetamine is first marketed as 'benzedrine' by Smith, Kline & French, in an over-the-counter inhaler to treat congestion

link: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/amphetamines/amphetamines_timeline.php

sorry for my bad english i do the best i can :)

and i think all pheletinamyne when the converted in freebase become liquid....

so it doest "smockable" (if this word existe)

if i do a error .........please........... correct my self

19. aka_cowboy

aka_cowboy

Reputation Points:
    ya you would have to turn the powder in to a vapor. i guess you could call it freebasing.you would have to get something to smoke it out of with out putting a flame directly on to the powder cuz all that would do is burn it up. so say if you could use a light bulb if you know how to prepare it the correct way if not the stuff inside the litghbulb could kill you.
    but yes it is possible to smoke any kind of powder im not saying it would be healthy but yes amphetamines(pills) are smokeable and will get into your system pretty quick.

20. java

java Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    ......there is the option to turn your recemic amphetamine to d-amphetamine in which case it's not hydroscopic ....a problem associated mainly with the recemic amphetamine......the recemic amphetamine free base is treated with tartaric acid to salt the l- out as the amphetamine tartrate and the liquid remaining is the d-amphetamine...which is ph to 13 to free the d-free base oil, then extracted with toluene and gassed....mp of d-amphetamine is 156C......prove the statement wrong, also shards can be made of the material the usual way.....solo

.....here are some pics of d-amphetamine that set two days in the open....quite dry.....solo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009