can i trip on these plants i bought?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by wahahey, Apr 9, 2004.

1. wahahey

wahahey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I bought a couple of peyote plants from a shop in England yesterday. I'd gone in for some shrooms, but ended up risking buying these too. The guy in the shop knew very little about them (or so he claimed).

My problem is I don't know how old they are, or exactly which strain of peyote they are. More importantly, I have no idea whether it is worth eating them. Can anyone help? They are about 25mm / 1" in diameter - I've tried to attach pictures, but when i press the button it just brings up the option to enter a web address. Will anyone let me email a couple of pics to them for identification, or tell me how to post them?

Thanks

2. wahahey

wahahey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    my plants don't have the hairy bits, or any of the damage seen on those peyote.

mine do have little white specks on them, but do not look like they have flowered or are just about to. They look kind of virginal, if you know what i mean!

3. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    They are to young to eat. They need some time to grow. Next time see if you can buy san pedro cactus. They grow fast and are fairly cheap.

4. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I agree. 1" peyote will do nothing for you. If the roots are attached, go ahead and plant them. Or, graft them to Pedro for quicker growth.

5. wahahey

wahahey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i thought as much....maybe i'll ask my mum to look after them and go travelling for a few years! Thanks for the advice.