1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Can Lexapro be used to get high

Discussion in 'Antidepressants' started by waffle, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waffle

waffle

Reputation Points:
    SWIM has heard of people using antidepressants recreationally and SWIM have recently been prescribed lexapro (escitalopram) SWIM used to take vicodin alot but SWIM stopped because he didn't want to mix prescription drugs. The doctor actually prescribed him more than he needs and he was wondering if he could replace the vicodin with the lexapro. What should I tell him?

2. enjoi

enjoi Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well Lexapro is actually an SSRI whereas Vicodin is an opiate and totally different makeup. It has no recreational value like most antidepressants (especially pharmaceutical ones) and since it's an SSRI for some people it doesn't even work right away. If you're trying to get off Vicodin with Lexapro that will be hard to do since they are different but if you do wanna try, I would try the Lexapro the way it was prescribed.

3. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    NO! You're new here, so I'll be nice. If you look through this here forum, about twice a page you will see this very same topic "can this here anti-depressent get me high?" And as always, the answer is no. Just because it's a pill, doesn't mean you can "messed up" or what ever it is people are after.

I'm looking at your threads, ad you've started a number of threads on questions that get discussed here all the time. You need to take some time and do some reading, even if it means you need to read more then you want to. You can't just ask "can this get a person high?" and think it's safe to fuck around with drugs, you really need to understand how a drug works, what it does to you, what can go wrong. You really would benefit from doing some more reading, get some more background.

Take this advice with love.

4. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess

Reputation Points:
    That would be true if this was "Antidepressants" Potter :p

This is "Downers", so I'll move it to make it true!

Ping! x

5. subject

subject Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Lexapro is good but I want more. SWIM is on 20mg/day....Could I double up on it?

6. Coconut

Coconut

Reputation Points:
    Is your friend prescribed 40mg/day? If not, then no. Escitalopram is an SSRI, not a recreational drug; increasing the dose without medical supervision can induce horrible side-effects and possibly serotonin syndrome.

Don't mess with these drugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.