1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Injecting - can promethazine be injected

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Dazednirvana, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Dazednirvana

Dazednirvana Newbie

Reputation Points:
    25 y/o
    Can Promethazine be injected. my buddy tom is 18 and has been iving drugs since 15, he loves heroin and synthetic opiates and was wondering is a lil water and heat on this syrup would do the trick? please help me help him.

2. chibi curmudgeon

chibi curmudgeon Gold Finger Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I was about to say yes, of course, until I realized you're talking about injecting promethazine syrup, not sterile promethazine solution for injection.

Think long and hard about this: does injecting syrup sound like a good idea?

3. cornbreadinsomniac

cornbreadinsomniac Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The hospitals have promethazine that they use for injection, but it will ruin your veins. That's why most hospitals use zofran (spelling?) instead of promethazine (phenegran). I had an iv of promethazine once from the hospital and felt pretty bad pain in that vein for the next week afterwards, and the nurse said that's what caused the pain. Just take it orally, it will work just as good if not better. Or you can take it anally, but that's just not for me.

4. ex-junkie

ex-junkie Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Weird. Every time I have had a promethazine injection it has been in the bum.

Some interesting reading here

Anybody who is considering injecting promethazine should google this below, cause I don't want to link to the US FDA web site. If that's what the risks of sterile promethazine are, then I wouldn't recommend fucking about with non-sterile sources full-stop.

"Information for Healthcare Professionals - Intravenous Promethazine and Severe Tissue Injury, Including Gangrene"