Can San Pedro be smoked?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by dove, Feb 19, 2005.

1. dove

dove Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi all, I was wondering if S P can be smoked - like a piece dried in oven and crushed up or something. I havent tried it yet because I wanted to check with others. I read all the forums, etc. and NEVER read about it prepared this way - as smoked. I figure the strength will be weakened and that is good for me. Has anyone tried it this way? thanks.[​IMG]

2. QGdoxl

QGdoxl Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    Interesting I wonder? Anyone tried this?

3. indjuwandjuwa

indjuwandjuwa Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yes you can smoke it. but yo uneed to smoke extremely large amounts to get any effects. inother words NOT WORTH IT!

4. dove

dove Newbie

Reputation Points:
    but but but but but but how manybowls to get a nice little buzz? Any ideas? There is no chemical toxicity known in this form?? I guess I should be asking a scientist but Im concerned qbout the smoke being ok to ingest. thanks Has anyone here smoked it and how much?

5. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Make an extract out of a nice sized cactus, then try smoking it, should work alot better that way.

6. dove

dove Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You mean a crystaline extract? I cant do that.[​IMG] Chips ok?

7. Mezza

Mezza Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    A friend of mine did an A/B extraction (or rather B/A:)) extraction on some T.Pachanoi and out of curiosity allowed the non-polar containing the free base M to evaporate compltely. From the resulting goo, he soaked a bit onto some inert plant material and gingerly took a few hits. It was definitely psychedelic. Not strong enough to provide anything substantial, but he did feel it.

Mezza

8. dags

dags Newbie

Reputation Points:
    didnt the native americans smoke it? maybe they just did that in movies. in young guns they all smoked peyote with thier native american friend

9. OiledMandible

OiledMandible Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Heh....I can see it now:

Dove, sitting around a campfire with his/her boyfriend/girlfriend (teh
    political correctness), using a propane torch to smoke a full size
    cactus.

Honestly, I would give you some of my mescaline stash to see this.

/Not a real offer, mods.

//Not that you had to be told that

10. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just smoking the dried cactus would be impossible. It would take forever to smake tha much. You would want to do some kind of exctract. Also if would probably be better if you could get the mescaline into a freebase form as opposed to a salt.

11. PenguinPhreak

PenguinPhreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just imagine what smoking that much cactus would do to your lungs. O_O

12. psycospungebob

psycospungebob Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    sorry to drag up an old topic but i have tryed smoking dryed san pedro but only after boiling and eating about 20g with 30g of shrooms (before they became ilegal) and it did help extend the trip i think if you had a good bowl of mature peyote during a trip it would help you along your way

13. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Smoking the cactus as such would be pointless as you would be smoking a hugh amount of material. you would have to do an extract.

14. CrystalDextro

CrystalDextro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Mescaline(chemical in cacti being discussed) has a melting point of 181-186C depending on the salt making it unsmokable, the reason people who have tried this got an effect is because their lungs absorb some of the mescaline carried into their lungs by smoking. Save your lungs maybe its possible absorbed through mucus membranes in your nose(insulfated absorbtion) but i'd always be on the safe side orally consuming happens to be the traditional way of consumption so why not just stick to that unless of course its getting boring for ya......