1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - Can someone take morphine or oxycodone the day after using Subutex?

Discussion in 'Buprenorphine' started by BunnyBoy, Sep 9, 2013.

1. BunnyBoy

BunnyBoy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    I can't really find much on this subject. Will these medications have effect after dosing on subutex, or would one have to wait a few days for it to even have effect again? Not quite sure how the drug works.

BunnyBoy added 158 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

How do I delete this thread? :/

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  2. YorickBrown

YorickBrown Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    You can, whether you would feel it or not is the question. Everyone's body is different, but for me 24 hours is usually sufficient. 36-48 to feel the full effects. Are you on suboxone right now? If you've been taking it I would suggest staying on it man... I'm trying to bounce back from a 2 week long heroin binge and its not fun. I'm sure you already know but yea... My $.02 I guess. Take care, be safe. :)

3. blyss32304

blyss32304 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o Female from U.S.A.
    I have been able to use other opiates in as little as 24 hours after using suboxone or subutex. I would not get the full strength of the other opiate though unless I wait at least 36-48 hours. I went to hospital not too long ago and was IV'd morphine, and that day had taken subutex (no naloxone, just the buprenorphine) sublingual, and I actually slightly felt the morphine (though of course it was a small dose).

I guess it all depends on how much buprenorphine you take before, and how much of the other opiate you use and how you use it. But I am no expert, just an on again off again junkie.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  4. Blue Skies

Blue Skies Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    50 y/o Female from U.S.A.
    I have been interchanged between Suboxone, Subutex, Morphine and Oxycodone. It took about a full week to feel anything with the Oxy after taking Subutex for many months. I had to be raised up to 40mg of Oxy just to keep the withdrawals at bay 4 times a day. Not worth it so I went back to Subutex. With Morphine I never felt anything even at 30 and 40 mg dosages. I had to immediately go back to buprenorphine because I was in withdrawals.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  5. BunnyBoy

BunnyBoy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Basically if someone were to dose 1 or LESS MG (Noticing nothing significant, effectwise) for the first time, could they go back to regular narcotics within 24 hours and still have a decent effect?

BunnyBoy added 3 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Also, thanks for the Help you guys/gals!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  6. minortom

minortom Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    The scoundrel who introduced me to suboxone (bless him) routinely uses H within 24 hours of suboxone. Of course, he sells most of his suboxone to turn it into H. He claims to get high.

I'm no preacher, but if you're on suboxone, you may consider stopping it, or tapering off of it, rather than jumping back into the morph or oxycodone. But whatever works for you, man, as long as you're honest without yourself and making it through the day.

7. BunnyBoy

BunnyBoy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    The person I'm referring to is prescribed percocet and morphine, but had recently gotten ahold of a single subutex after running out of their meds.