Experiences - can two people have the same trip on LSD?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Guest, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    MOD EDIT : the following posts pre-date the self incrimination rule : do not follow their example, do not self-incriminate

---------------------------------------------------

Aquestion i have had since my first acid trip 11 years ago is can two people experience the same hallucinations at the same time?

My then boyfriend and i had the same amount of lsd and about five hours on wewere both having the same trip, we both stood and watched a space ship slowly move towards us in the sky from the distance until it was overhead, probably for about 20 minutes. we were both able to describe it identically afterwards. How can this happen ifwhat we were seeingwas a hallucination?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Yes, that is possible, trough many mechanisms; by telling the other what you experience, you influence the course of the trip of your fellow tripper. But this also happens trough different subtile ways of expression, which are easely picked up by people who are under the influence of psychedelics, because every impulse is magnified intensifly. This also happens by enhanced intuition. It is even common for someone not under the influence, to experience unexplainable psychedelic states, while in the midst of tripping people. This is called hitchhiking. I believe that the same mechanisme makes it possible for two people to have simular psychedelic experiences.

But as no two people are the same and a psychedelic experience is a mix between the character of the person and the character of the substance, I think it very unlikely to experience exactly the same.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    I have experienced this also. My girlfriend and I were both under a large dose of acid and everything that happened throughout the whole trip, both visually and emotionally was identical. It was as if we were sharing one mind's eye. The only differance was, towards the end, I lost myself and washospitolized for three days.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    yeah me and my friend encountered something similar

we were both lying on big cushions along his floor which is wooden and kinda sand coloured, he turned to me and said "do you not feel like a god lookin down on a desert" even tho our faces were hangin off the cushions and about 5cm away from the floor, and i totally knew what he meant

for the next 10 mins after that we were pinging bits of dust on his floor thinking they were camels and we were their gods, it was a very hilarious expereince, we never stopped laughing the whole way thru it

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    this is far out but i think that mind-enhancing drugs like lsd are on another playing field entirely different from other drugs. It seems to me that, as someone else stated, we do have a minds eye. Think about it we only use 10 percent of our brains. Maybe lsd unlocks some other part of that dormant area and make it possible to READ mind and SHARE experiences. But thats just me. I was raised religious. So i have a whole different idea than most. I do beleive in the spiritual realm....a parrallel reality so to say. When i take lsd, i move into that second reality. That would explain why so many people say they saw creatures and demons and had bad trips.....did anyone stop to think that maybe they actually did???

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    you may be on to something or maybe its just a drug making u have hallucinations that come from parts of ur mind that u dont want to think about. but i dont think we'll ever find out unless they legalized drugs. because then the top scientists and everyone could work to solve these answers.

7. Bodhisattva500

Bodhisattva500 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Perhaps the spaceship was actually their??? But seriously one time i was on mushrooms with my brother and all at once every thing turned red for a few seconds and we both saw it. weird

8. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Hey,
    I have had a few "weird" things happen while under the influence of LSD.

A friend and I, saw a dragon at the same time and both seen the exact same thing or at least how we described it was spot on. And I was about ten feet away from my friend when I saw this. And I didn't mention the dragon either till the next day and he told me what he saw. I was so shocked.

Was also in the back of a cab when 5 of us, all at the same time jumped up in our seats and said what the fuck did we rob this car (or words along that line). Then we realised taxi driver had gotten out to go into the shop. Fucking scary.

9. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I believe that lsd, shrooms and many other drugs open up our minds so much that yes we can have telepathic visions. I think it opens recepters up that allow other peoples energy to be fed on, including thoughts and feelings. We pretty much are all made up of that energy, and I think this is just a means of opening the wall or door to our minds that normally prevent it. This is just my own understanding from experiences I have had. It would pretty chaotic if it were normal everyday occurances. I also believe that is why these substances are here for us. We have to make a desion to make the walls come down, and act on them. Another reason to make sure your mind is in the right frame before tripping.</font>

10. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I was very delighted to read this, because I have noticed similiar things. I always felt that with acid, shrooms, dxm, where I am tripping(which is nothing new) and who I am tripping with really has to do with the trip we will get. For example everytime me and one of my favorite shroom buddies would trip together in our favorite setting on shrooms, we always have the same trip, more connected to each other feelings, know what the other is thinking, and feeling. And each time the shrooms effect us the same way, I was always curious to this, because we always got the same exact cubensis shrooms and each once in a while when our trip would be a little different from the same stuff it would be that way for both of us. If our trips would take a slightly unusual turn it would happen together, and we would each notice right away. God I miss mushrooms, good times.

11. Dalfir

Dalfir Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    Common and Shared LSD thoughts.

Are there any accounts of a group of people having experienced very similar or identicial thought processes on acid? Like a group of people having the same disturbing thoughts that lead them to start questioning their sanity? Or a group of people all gaining epiphanies during the same trip by "discovering the truth" at the same time?

12. necklaroo

necklaroo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Re: Common and Shared LSD thoughts.

Once swim and his buddy where tripin. my friend was siting on the end of his bed, and was playing with 2 glow sticks that where attached by string. Swim leaned over to his friend and asked... Ware and how did you attach the other glow stick. my friend then looked at him and sed. "YOU SEE THAT TO!"

their was only one glow stick he was playing with. none where attached by anything that night.

that was the most memorable shared Thoth Swim ever had while tripin. tho small. at the time the impact was huge.

altho a spiritual encounter like that would be amazing.

13. Dalfir

Dalfir Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.

I remember a stoned incident with his best friend, where his friend began clicking his teeth to the tune of Super Mario Brothers...Hard to comprehend, but I could perfectly put this clicking to a melody and excalimed "Mario Brothers!"

His friend was speechless. :D

14. HallucinaJason

HallucinaJason Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o

i herd (freind of a freind) had a long lengthy coversation with another guy at a camp site. come the morning they talked about the conversation they had. a 3rd 4th and 5th party told them to stop being stupid as they where totaly silent all night.

a freind of mine and hit lover achived syncronisty and managed this weird corogphy with a ball and manged to roll it around in each others hand with out dropping it or without talking. (hard to piture or explane)

same freind and girl, allong with the affore mentioned 3rd 4th and 5th party where useing the girl as a channel though wich they coumacted to each other. (they would speak gribberish and the girl understood perfcatly and translated to the correct person with correct entmphsis and meaning)

15. Lebowski

Lebowski Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    This also happened to a FOAF and his friend. This is his story:

"We were at T in the park 09 and it was the first and only time i've tried acid so far:laugh:

I was in the tent really tripping out my mind when i looked up at one of my other friends who was sober, he said to me "man this tent looks like its been through vietnam" at that point helicopters flew overhead and i thought my friend who had said that was my commanding officer so i dived onto the ground and crawled outside and seen my other friend outside bashing cans of beer off his head:laugh:

I grabbed him and told him we were in Vietnam and the Vietcong had overrun our camp, he instantly believed me and we began to wonder what we had to do.
    Earlier that day i had purchased a large soviet flag (the red one with the hammer and sickle)
    eariler on i had stuck it in the ground so it was left fluttering in the wind i looked at the flag and began to panic thinking that the vietcong had taken over our camp.
    Me and my friend then began frantically looking for our other friend whom we believed to be our commanding officer. This went on for about an hour till something else caught our attention and we went and happily continued our trip:)"

Thanks for listening to him

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
  16. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The other day swim and some of his friends were in a really small town. It was like 3 pm when they were sitting in the middle of nowhere. Then all of suddenly one of them said "Look! Can you see the McCdonalds M?" (That curved M from the logo). At first they were laughing hard but a few seconds later everyone started to see the McCdonalds M there. And believe me, the chance of fiding a fast food restaurant in a place like that is zero. Everybody saw the same thing in the dark. The day after My friends and I tryed to see it again without acid on their brains.. it obviously wasnt there anymore.

17. cra$h

cra$h Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Philly
    Timothy Leary had this experience. On him and a fellow friend had taken a massive dose of LSD, Timmy taking more than his friend and they were trippin out in a field. Suddenly Timmy got up, and wandered to the middle in a jesus christ pose and stopped. He reached high above his head and clapped his hands together. Suddenly all had vanished. Everything became clear and infinite. Reality was completely shattered. As for the friend? When Leary clapped his hands this friend had seen Leary disappear completely, as if he was transported into the abyss.

Also, sharing the experience with someone puts them in the mindset as you. A friend of mine was on mushrooms and had gotten sick and thought he was going to die. His friends were tripping too and imagined that they were all doomed as well. The vibes man, the vibes haha

18. Baked.

Baked. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM always feels a deep connection to the person he is tripping with because they understand what he is going through. Someone who isn't tripping may seem awkward to SWIM and freak him out. So yes, having the same hallucinations may be possible, due to an unexplainable connection between the parties involved.

19. MerryPrankster

MerryPrankster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    A lot of self incrimination in this thread... is it an old one made at some point when guests could post and has been resurected?

I have a theory or two on this "shared experience". Firstly, while under the effect of a powerful psychedelic, almost all objectivity goes and everything becomes purely subjective. At the top of this forum, there is a thread called "Session Games" written circa 1967, and points out some interesting things.

If you (speaking abstractly, not directed at anyone in particular) speak something into being, you inject that thought into everybody else's subjective reality, and it is very easy for the others to latch onto their idea and MAKE it their reality.

Also, Session Games states: (discussing the 'mind reader' game) "This is because verbal exchanges under LSD consist of about one-tenth words and nine-tenths innuendo." I think that this has a lot to do with it. An example of this was one time when I took LSD with his girlfriend, his sister had come over to hang out and drink the expensive alcohol he had and they were all sitting together in a room. SWIM's girlfriend was talking too much, just rambling on and was starting to irritate SWIM. What he did was slowly "suggest" to her that she was talking too much. Not a huge amount was said but a lot of mental activity was used. It finally culminated in him putting on Silence by Delerium at which point SWIM's girlfriend got the message and walked out. SWIM's sister looked at him and asked what had happened as she didn't understand most of the conversation.

What I am getting at is that a lot of things are opened up to you (again, talking abstractly here) and because of the subjective nature of the experience; your mind can latch onto other ideas that we aren't aware of when not under the influence of psychedelics. I think that certain thoughts and feelings are stronger than others and are easier to latch onto.

The ability to speak things into being while under the effects is a pretty amazing thing and is not something to be taken lightly; so if You yells to his friend that is tripping that he's in vietnam and the VC are taking over, there's a very good chance that you's friend is going to believe that because You has spoken it into being and made it apart of you's friend's subjective reality. As far as visualisations are concerned, well... just remember it's all subjective.

20. TheGreatHabiblious

TheGreatHabiblious Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This sort of thing happens to me, at least its happened a couple times. Swim usually trips alone, so that could have something to do with it.
    Sometimes its bad vibes, like swim once tripped at a party where a friend brought her new boyfriend, everyone was tripping and everyone kept repeating how much they didnt like that guy for some reason. they just couldnt put their finger on it. couple months later that boyfriend got in a car wreck and killed the friend who was riding with him. sad, sad story.
    Other times I do what he calls 'wutuing' where he and a friend exist on the same mental plane. Its happened to him now twice with two different people. The first time was on salvia, swim and friend just happened to hit the pipe at the same time and it was completely unexpected. The "grid" that connects us all via this alternate mind plane was shown to swim and we each get a slit where we can access this plane. Swim's slit was right across from friends slit on the grid, as soon as the salvia was ingested the slit just opened in the peripherals of the mind. This of course freaked swim the fuck out, after he calmed down he realized they needed to try it again and it happened again.
    The second time was when I did a whippet and friend2 did a hit of salvia simultaneously. There was no grid this time, only the plane acted as a void canvas with only the two of them on it. friend 2 later discribed it as he thought they were both pushing a wall, but swim knows they were not pushing a wall. rather thats just what it feels like when your on the plane. like I said earlier with the peripherals of your mind being opened, it often feels like a wall your on/in/are. Regardless both swim and friend2 were both there, recognized one another, and came back knowing they both just came from the same place.
    Ive posted this before, in another thread. Worded differently, but I think its a very important thing not to be overlooked. As such Im posting the shit out of it.