Other - Can You Get in Trouble With the Law For Taking DXM in Public?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by TripleC, Jun 18, 2006.

1. TripleC

TripleC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've been wondering what if I was pulled over by a cop and I was all dexed out and they thought I was drunk or something...I don't really know what they could do sense it is a legal over the counter drug..

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The misuse of ANY drug - controlled substance or OTC - is illegal in the USA. Misuse implies any use other than that which is specified on the label, or on the prescription written by the physician.

Oh. Come back when you turn 18. You are too young at present. Bye!

3. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    nagognog2 is right, but in addition if you are in public cops will get you for being intoxicated in public. I think one of the bigger problems would be the cop believing that your on dxm and not something else, a lot of the public is unaware of dxm (which is part of the reason we still have it :) ).

4. Dreeker

Dreeker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    well they could give you a citation for dtp or get you for intoxication in public

better to say you are drunk no doubt thatn on drugs imo

5. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    don't say you're on anything, just ask them why they are afraid of people who are differant and that you are of sober mind. or better yet, say nothing at all. operating a vehicle while under the influence of any mind altering substance is illegal so yes you will get busted.

also, tripleC, do some research about DXM use and learn that triples c's are dangerous and that there are safer options that contain DXM

6. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    You should not be driving while under the influence of DXM in the first place. If they can tell you are fucked up, they can give you a ticket for Driving while intoxicated. Just because they cant prove you are fucked up does not mean they wont take your ass to jail. This has happened to a friend of SWIM before, and it can happen to you too. Please start using the acronym swim so you will not incriminate yourself. We all know you would never take triple c, but SWIM might.

Stick to medicine which only contains dextromethorphan. You have much to learn.

7. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points: