1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Injecting - Can you inject codeine?

Discussion in 'Codeine' started by mashed, Nov 30, 2008.

1. mashed

mashed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    sorry if this is a stupid question,swim doesnt know anything about injecting,but swim heard with heroin if you inject its ten times stronger than taking it any other way so i was thinking could it also work with codeine?so it would only take 30mg to have the effect of 300mg?
    swim has run out of codeine and has a nasty habit to feed at the moment swim is takin 300mg of codeine and not even having any effects,this soon uses up swims limited supplie of codeine.swim used to use morphine a little but never injected it.swim has tried every which way to get some heroin but theres only 1 dealer swim knows off and no matter how much swim asks, the dealer wont serve swim :( swim is going through a horrible withdrawell at the moment.so swim was wondering could the little codeine i have be injected?thanks very much

2. dyingtomorrow

dyingtomorrow R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Things worth injecting:
    1) Heroin
    2) Cocaine
    3) Crystal Meth
    4) Maybe MDMA

If SWIY has heroin available, SWIY should just do that rather than inject opiate pills, because they are (and feel) much dirtier, and the rush and high isn't going to be nearly as good because of the nature of the drug, and H is usually more cost effective for people with low tolerances (i.e. pill users).

SWIM has injected pretty much every opiate pill out there out of desperation, and felt so disgusting afterwards that he always wished he hadn't. Maybe it's different for people who haven't tried H though.

If you do, DON'T cook it with water or you'll end up with some useless disgusting shit. Use cold water and stir it up real good.

3. infekt

infekt Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Injecting Codiene is very dangerous, don't do it.

4. RoboCodeine7610

RoboCodeine7610 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    UTFSE! This question has been covered many, many times before and I'm sure you'll find your answer if you just use the search engine.
    No, you cannot IV codeine as this leads to a severe allergic reaction which will most likely kill you.You could, however, inject it SC(skin pop it) but you'll probably get some naughty absesses.
    Swim wouldn't recommend it though since codeine is absorbed just fine orally.
    You want to potentiate it? Just dissolve the pills in water (swim's assuming you have pure codeine tablets) and drink the solution on an empty stomach, that should potentiate it a lot.

5. TheNewLeft

TheNewLeft Newbie

Reputation Points:
    up the ass.

seriously, up the ass

6. pixplzthx

pixplzthx

Reputation Points:
    .. without a needle. Ask for an "oral infant syringe" at any pharmacy.

7. jon-q

jon-q Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes If swiMashed had used "The forum search engine" ;) He? would have found that "Codeine" is pretty much inactive in-itself and needs to pass through swiyours liver were abouts 10%> of the Codeine gets turned into MORPHINE.
    So Iving codeine won't get swi-mashed any more "Mashed" than taking it oraly will.
    Swi-Q Don't want to preach (But he's going to) If swiy is finding Codeine withdrawls hard to deal with?you really don't want to be moving on to Heroin ~These withdrawls are far far worse than anything that Codeine can throw at you.
    UTSE and look up OTC (over the counter) Codeine and CWE (cold water extraction) This may provide swiy with some ways of obtaining Codeine?

The "H" Dealer that you mention~May simply have a "Over 25's policy" or they may SUSPECT that swiy is "CID":cool:.
    The search engine again may help swiy out "How to get a dealer" but please think hard before you go down the "H" road~

Anyways got to go swi-me needs a toot ;) Take care and be safe.....Q

8. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    But the bioavailibility is up around 100% when injected, so it would be stronger, but orally it can get up to around 80% I think, and needles are dangerous, so I guess delay the needle as long as possible (wow, how hypocritical of swim...)

9. jon-q

jon-q Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Swicrash is not talking about Iv ing Codeine here is he??
    Swi-me is poss mis reading that post but just in case
    ~ DO Not IV-Inject CODEINE ~.
    Swi-q would maybe suggest an edit to make swiys point a little more clear.
    .....Q

10. paulypants

paulypants Newbie

Reputation Points:
    In Britain Codeine Phosphate is supplied in 60mg vials with the clear instruction on the outside that it is for INTRAMUSCULAR use only - this is also verifiable in the British National Formulary.
    Intravenous usage is potentially fatal from Acute Respiratory Depression and severe Hypotension.

11. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim was pretty sure you don't inject any form of codeine, but that's for definitly clearing it up. But wouldn't bioavail. be still around the 90's IM?

12. paulypants

paulypants Newbie

Reputation Points:
    As an addendum I must add that this is a pharmaceutical grade clear liquid supplied as 60mg active ingredient in 1ml solution and not some dodgy homemade pill/water mix - by definition there aint any verifiable scientific data on homemade pill soups so then the answer becomes unclear and the phrase ' Caveat Emptor ' comes to mind .........:eek:

13. scruffyloather

scruffyloather

Reputation Points:
    well I've done it. When I was trying to quit the stuff I would inject a little to make the cravings go away. Just a tiny bit. When I upped the dose however the high was different. It hits you about 5 mins after injection. But, the itchiness was absolotely unbearable. I was bleeding in a million different places and I scratched the back of my wrist so much it was swolen up like a huge glove. I gigured I was dying or something with a hand ike that, but it was just from the scratching.

IVing codeine is just not a good idea. The best high comes from eating it.

14. magicmik

magicmik

Reputation Points:
    Read Burroughs's book Junky. Very good read, describes is life as an addict in 50's America. Anyway injecting codeine is not a good idea. Can give strong allergic reactions which is waht happened to him.

15. magicmik

magicmik

Reputation Points:
    As swim is such a nice person, he re-read Junky by Burroughs. The pasage pertaining to codeine iv is on page 25 of swim's version by Penguin.

Anyway swim thinks this is one of the best reads around and knocks the socks of Trainspotting; much of which seems to be copied from Junky.

Take a night of shooting and have a read.