1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Injecting - Can you inject Tramadol??

Discussion in 'Tramadol' started by shroomngreen89, Mar 22, 2010.

1. shroomngreen89

shroomngreen89 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is injecting Tramadol undesirable. SWIM knows that tramadol is readily soluble in water but dosen't know if the effects are diffrent than orally.

2. OpiLuvnOldLady

OpiLuvnOldLady Silver Member

Reputation Points:
  3. shroomngreen89

shroomngreen89 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well there not capsules but tablets, I guess it'll be trial and error for SWIM

4. OpiLuvnOldLady

Reputation Points:
    Swim would like to ask if swiy is already experienced with converting tablets. If not, then she would suggest at bare minimum reading the pill prep thread first.

To be honest, she doesn't have a good answer on whether the tablets can be converted, but if swiy is insistent on trying, please at least take caution to try and remove as much filler/binder as possible.

5. shroomngreen89

shroomngreen89 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim has been injecting opiates for sometime and always use a micron filter.
    But Swim has never injected Tramadol before.

6. OpiLuvnOldLady

Reputation Points:
    Swim is glad to hear that this is not an attempt with out any experience behind it. Even though she's still not sure about the tramadol, she's at least glad to know that swiy is not new to this and it not gonna drop a pill into a rig and then think they can shake and shoot. lol

7. Picass035

Picass035

Reputation Points:
    SWIM has IV'ed USP Tramadol ampoules before..it doesn't get any purer than that.

TRIP REPORT

Foreword: slight opiate tolerance, but minimal at time of this report.
    T-00: Find vein, inject 50mg.
    T+1 min: "Strange, usually I'd be feeling SOMETHING by now," SWIM says
    t+5 mins: decides to IV another 50mg. Maybe a single does wasn't enough?
    T+7 mins: find another vein, inject another 50mg (so 100mg total IV'ed <10mins)
    T+8mins: there's something that "seems" to be happening..no that was my imagination..
    T+9 mins: "There it it is again, that "coming up" feeling!" No, nothing again.
    T+10 mins: HEADACHE!!! UGH!!! NASTY S%!#!!!!
    T+/- 2 hours: headache subsides, feeling better.
    -----

Now some people like Tramadol, some absolutely LOVE the stuff. Not SWIM. He will never touch this evil substance again (and he has tried taking the tablets/capsules orally just to make sure it wasn't a fluke). No go. Headache each time. On the other hand, SWIM's cousin can be pain-free from 50mg orally. She has no tolerance but still. It's just how we're wired I suppose.

8. fiveleggedrat

fiveleggedrat Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Orally is significantly better.

Personal experience by Swim.

Tramadol cannot metabolize the same efficacy when IV, equals loss of M1, most potent mu agonist product of tramadol. m1 is stronger than tramadol alone.

Tramadol is best dosed 50mg every 5-10minutes for most m1 buildup. The process increases with efficiency when done this way.

IV = less opioid, more SSRI/SNRI

9. Picass035

Picass035

Reputation Points:
    I did not know that, although when you think about it, it really does make sense. Orally, it has to go through first pass metabolism, converting part of the tramadol into O-desmethyl-tramadol (M1). With IV, since you skip first pass metabolism, no M1 can be made.

Hopefully I got it right. Not too familiar with Tramadol since it is one of the WORST drugs SWIM has ever done. Ugh.

If I'm wrong about how first pass metabolism works with tramadol, could someone correct me?