1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Side effects - Can you re-dose Kratom after vomiting?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by 25Love, Aug 6, 2015.

1. 25Love

25Love Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My friend had 5g of Kratom on an empty stomach and wasn't able to keep it down. She'd like to re-dose now that she's eaten something but isn't sure if it will have any affect?

2. baselined

baselined Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Depends on what you ate. If you just had a small snack like a yogurt or something, it will still work. However, if you had anything substantial then you would not feel all or most of the effects.

How soon after did you throw up? If you kept it down long enough I would be wary that some might have gotten into your system. Taking more might add on to that and you might be higher than desired or experience unwanted side effects.

Lastly, if you are throwing up from a 5 gram dose, you should consider taking less. Its not good to be throwing up all the time. Or at least have a snack beforehand.

3. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    There is no reason I can see why taking more would not have any effect.
    If you just give it about an hour you will know for sure if what you took before you puked was partially absorbed, you might not have lost it all.
    Just wait and see and then if you want more take more. It's not rocket science ;)

Kratom still works on an empty stomach, it is just that the effects are more pronounced on an empty stomach.

4. 25Love

25Love Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, unfortunately this was her first time trying it (only 4th time total) on an empty stomach and the nausea hit her like a truck. She threw up about an hour and a half after taking it. She'd had nausea before when accidentally taking too much her 2nd time (7g), but never actually vomited.

She's just now reading the responses some 8 hours later, so is going to try re-dosing. She hopes she doesn't ruin her tolerance by doing this and will probably wait a few more days after this time. She isn't quite sure if throwing up stole most of her high, or if her tolerance was up too much from taking 5g the night beforehand (She couldn't feel it as much as the first two times, so thought she'd try again the next day).

5. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    By then the kratom should have been broken down and its alkaloids absorbed and you should have hit a peak in the effects, so even if you threw up it is not going to make any difference to the experience.

Maybe you could try taking it using a different method.
    Making tea can help you cut out having all that powder in your empty stomach which might help your nausea.
    It tastes like shit but it kicks in much faster.

6. 25Love

25Love Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, she thinks it will be best if she tries the tea. The only thing is she had powdered form of Kratom, and it seems the tea is made using leaves. Didn't realize that the peak was after an hour and a half though, but I guess it makes sense since that's how long the effects are supposed to last. xD That time was just a weaker high than expected.

25Love added 112 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Okay, so I made the tea and just got a wave of nausea. I didn't vomit this time, but still... must have done something wrong, or maybe my stomach just doesn't like Kratom.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  7. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Tea is made from kratom leaves, it does not matter if they are whole, crushed or powdered.

Kratom should kick in after about 10 minutes with tea
    20-30 minutes if you eat it (toss and wash, or mixed in liquid/sauce)
    up to and over an hour if it is in capsules.

How did you make the tea?

Some people get nausea from kratom no matter how they take it.
    Some people only get it from certain strains.
    Some don't get it at all.

8. Jizzmasterzero

Jizzmasterzero Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Southeast USA
    Vomiting occurred because your dose was too high, so don't take more. Try a little less next time and see how it goes.

9. 25Love

25Love Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That might be what I did wrong. I put 6g in the tea because the effects of 5g seemed really mild to me. I made the tea using Uncle R's recipe; put it on the pot for 15 mins, filtered that through a metal coffee filter, then did 2 more runs of 15 mins. I didn't "decant" because I wasn't sure what that meant, and I noticed a lot of solid made it into the bottom of the cup anyway, so maybe that's where I went wrong.