1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Inhaling - can you smoke ritalin

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by Methylphenidate, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Methylphenidate

Methylphenidate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My dinosaur has a question, he searched on the forum and on google but didnt get a good answer.

Can he smoke ritalin (just crushed up) in a cigarette? Will it do anything? He has read that you need to make it in a base form first with baking soda and shit but others say that it also works if you just put it in a cigarette.

So what do you guys say. Normal crushed up ritalin in a cigarette, will it have any effect?

2. godztear

godztear Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    From some crazy neighbor kids experience smoking ritalin on top of a bowl of tobacco lead to nothing more then a nicotine buzz with a long lasting headache. I am sure someone can explain the science behind it, but that kid found out for himself in a time of desperation :laugh:

3. salgoud

salgoud

Reputation Points:
    You'd be better off just taking it orally, the taste is probably nasty.

However, Buddy said you'd have to crush some fast acting Ritalin up, extract it from the buffers, then let it dry to crystallize. A cigarette would ruin it, Buddy saw a friend of his use a glass pipe, with something else. Since that is smoked in the HCl form, I'm sure Methylphenidate would perhaps have a same route of consumption.

Buddy hates that crap, but if Buddy was gonna do it, that's how he'd do it.

4. 3.4-Empathy

3.4-Empathy

Reputation Points:
    I believe this has been covered in a previous post.

5. Methylphenidate

Methylphenidate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thx guys my dinosaur is happy now

6. DanTheFuckinMan

DanTheFuckinMan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    One of the kittens was on Ritalin and they were covered in a wax like substance. Not sure if all Ritalin is like this, but if someone was to heat it with a lighter, the wax like stuff will melt. After that it is said SWIY could snort them, but my cat suggests that SWIY should just take them the way they are designed to be taken, by mouth.

P.S.
    It's a really bad idea to smoke any type of man made materials. Smoking the wrong substance can mean instant death!!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  7. mephfiend

mephfiend

Reputation Points:
    Can't you smoke it by crushing it up, mixing with a little water or something and putting the mixture on tin foil and then heat the foil? Pretty much like Heroin?

8. salgoud

salgoud

Reputation Points:
    I don't know it anyone really gets it. Ritalin ER is coated with wax, Buddy know's cause a person he know had a bottle of 500. So extracted and crystalized. Then do your thing. Make it Base keep it an Acid. Smoking would be like meth. The crystals are beautiful.

salgoud

9. Methylphenidate

Methylphenidate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the ritalin my dinosaur was talking about was like a white pill that turns into powder if you smash it. (10mgs per pill) not the XR version with wax

10. xiaobendan

xiaobendan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    You can smoke anything, even your grandmother man. But of course you're asking is it active. Well it's about as active as smoking coke...which is a waste of time.

Basically if you smoke it as is..you're going to be smoking chalks, binders.. all that other shite and yeah 10mg of methyphenidate HCL which will do f@ck all.

You can however freebase it. Crush the tabs up, put them in a light bulb, add a small bit of baking soda and enough water to ensure it's all damp, then blast that shit...it will work but it's a preaty filthy way to do ritalin.

11. DUSK1

DUSK1 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    according to my fish, most of the the extended release methylphenidate (concertaXR, ritalinLA(he thinks) work by using a solid outer layer with a tiny hole, inside this solid layer there is a layer of wax that breaks down (to something that feels like glue) in liquids, such as in the stomach or nose(not fun), inside this layer of wax there is the actual methylphenidate, and on the side opposite to the hole, a brown/dark green/not white there the stuff that makes the pill work. when your stomach acid goes through that hole and breaks down the contents, the not white stuff expands slowly to push out your dose for the 8-12 hours. if you were going to twirl, or rail for that matter you MUST break/cut of the hard layer, and carefully cut the wax dark contents off. people seem to struggle with this so the best way is to cut of dark stuff first (face it pointing left and right from you) and peel off the wax. some say there is methylphenidate in the dark stuff/hard shell so eat them for good measure.