1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Combinations - Can you take kratom and CBD together for extreme Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by StephenK, May 17, 2017.

1. StephenK

StephenK Newbie

Reputation Points:
    49 y/o from Ontario, Canada
    Hi everyone,

I suffer from Generalized anxiety disorder, OCD, PTSD and Emetophobia. I have been suffering for 25 years been on 30 different medications, nothing worked. Right now Iam taking Paxil, Xanax, and Seroquil and all are useless as a tit on a bull. I heard about CBD oil without THC is suppose to work wonders and Kratom is suppose to as well. I was wondering if taking both together is ok. My anxiety is so severe I lay in bed and walk to the kitchen when I dont feel nauseous and have a little food. I am so desperate here. I am in the extreme category for GAD and Emetophobia. Please help.

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from The Netherlands
    This should be easy to try out. I did use the combination of 20% CBD extract combined with borneo red vein kratom for pain relief some time ago. I was content about the results. Both CBD and kratom feel very benign in terms as side effects as there were none. I cannot say if it helps with anxiety, but I would not be surprised as it does relax.
    There may well be interaction between your meds and CBD + kratom so I would be careful about that.

3. KratomKing

KratomKing Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Florida, United States
    First off, i suggest taking Kratom & CBD separately first to see if one of the other helps more with anxiety. Here's a short answer: YES it is safe to take both Kratom and CBD, but only if you know your correct dosages for each product.

You need to know your correct dose ranges for each product. And you never know, one of the products can be a hell of a lot better for anxiety than the other product.

There are TONS of kratom strains for anxiety, such as Red, Green, Yellow, and White(my favorite). Kratom works wonders for my anxiety. I do not like the kratom strains that make me sluggish/sedative/tired, so i recommend trying white strains or anxiety. But you might like a sedative strain more than me, and it could also help your anxiety way more than any other strain!! It's literally all about body chemistry.

I'm sorry, but sadly I'm not experienced with CBD, but I plan on ordering some today. So I can not say how effective CBD is for anxiety, but I have read great reviews on how it helps anxiety.

4. Sufficiently Sedated

Sufficiently Sedated Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from South Africa
    Unfortunately if your anxiety is "extreme" and is debilitating then these relatively tame substances won't be much help...

Some strains of kratom can actually make you more jittery and anxious so watch that, and CBD is a very subtle option.

If your anxiety is ruining your life then seek extensive professional assistance. If I were you I'd stray away from the Xanax cos this is likely to make things worse in the long run...

I've tried this combo, in high doses during opiate withdrawal before and it didn't do much... CBD is a cyp3a4 inhibitor though so if taken half an hour to an hour it could make kratom a bit stronger... a combo I've really enjoyed is CBD oil + clonazepam + lyrica + kratom, but this is different as these are strong prescription drugs...

5. Bill Doh

Bill Doh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from Buffalo NY
    I was on Xanax years ago and it made my anxiety so bad that I couldn't leave the house, swallow food properly or do simple tasks such as house work. In my experience the red vein Kratom is best for anxiety, but all strains have a degree of stimulation, so try not to mix it with caffeine. Any drug is really just a temporary fix though and could or probably will make your anxiety worse over time. I went 10 years with no drugs other than coffee, and that's when I had no real problems with anxiety. Kava works okay for anxiety, it's a bit of a hassle to prepare but some places sell the juice extract that you can just toss and wash, and it actually works better than the tea in my experience.

6. StephenK

StephenK Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Wow ok lots of responses. The dosages I planed on taking was 2 grams of white kratom, then later on take the CBD and see how my body reacts. I have taken low dose CBD before but I ran out and didnt bother to reorder. Dont now why I didnt, it helped. I ordered 99% CBD no THC, and a sample pack of kratom. and start off in baby doses and move up very slowly. I have tried to get professional help but there is a 2 year wait list for psychiatrists who will just keep me on big pharma drugs.

Everytime I seeked professional help is was back on the SSRI's and xanax or some other combo. I am sick to death of big pharma which has proven to me over 25 years, it doesnt work. I was looking for something different which lead me here. High dose CBD 1 drop twice a day, and Kratom can in no way be worse then paxil, xanax and seroquil on any level. I think I am prepared for any side effects now. I am nauseated 95% of the day, Iam miserable, housebound, and just sick and tired of living like this. So bring it on, I would love nothing better then to hand my xanax to my Dr. and say I dont these crappy pills anymore.

7. Bill Doh

Bill Doh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from Buffalo NY
    I would definitely get off the Xanax if I were you, but keep in mind it can take up to 6 months for your brain to return to normal. That's how bad that stuff is. White vein Kratom is known as the stimulating strain, and it could actually give you a panic attack. Green is somewhere in the middle and red is supposed to be the most relaxing. Some people like me might feel relaxed when they take white vein but that's only because I'm addicted to it and it relieves withdrawal symptoms, similar to how people say coffee or cigarettes relax them but yet they're both stimulants.

8. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from The Netherlands
    Do not stop the use of xanax overnight.
    I doubt that 1 drop of CBD will do anything. 99% CBD cannot be a liquid, but will always be crystals or powder. Oils or liquids are always below 40% CBD. Else it would be paste or crystal.

9. KratomKing

KratomKing Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Totally agree, you never want to quit xanax after long-term use. If you go cold turkey then will have MAJOR withdrawal symptoms, and there have been possible results of people having seizure. But that's mainly from people using xanax for 6months-1year straight! You will need to tamper yourself off the xanax, taking less & less each time. You can do more research on that from this website.
    p

10. Bill Doh

Bill Doh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from Buffalo NY
    If this guy's been on meds for 25 years I'm sure he knows you can't just abruptly stop taking your meds and I wasn't suggesting that if that's what it sounded like.

11. shock_7689

shock_7689 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    I don't mean to sound scary, but stopping that xanax will be very hard once you are addicted to them. Benzo withdrawal is the worst withdrawl you can have. I have been through the DTs from alcohol, had oxycodone and herion withdrawl, and I will tell you that quitting benzos was the worst of them all for me. It just lasts so damn long, months. Worst anxiery I have ever experienced in my entire life. I was in a living hell for months nonstop until it started to loosen its grip ever so slowly. You have to do a slow taper off of benzos. I have been back on klonopin again for about a year now after quitting it for quite some time, usually 4mg everynight or every other night and even that doesn't do shit for me anymore. I fear when I have to stop those again I will be in trouble. I have a stockpile of them stashed away, just in case I do have to stop again, so I can do a taper. I did a cold turkey last time after being on them for nearly a decade. It was pure evil.

12. Bill Doh

Bill Doh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from Buffalo NY
    I agree, I've been addicted to multiple benzos and mentally it's the worst of all drugs when trying to stop, but if this guy ever wants to live a normal life, he might just have to go through it. I actually stopped cold turkey a few times because I would abuse them and just run out. Luckily no seizures but it was living hell. My sister is going through the same thing right now trying to stop Ativan and clonazepam, my brother went through it, and so did my mom, but my mom didn't make it, the drugs killed her at 47.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 19, 2017 ---
    Actually I take that back about not having seizures. I did have something happen during Xanax withdrawal, either a seizure or convulsions or something. All I know is I was lying in my bathtub screaming and could not get out. The paramedics had to take me away. They shot me with Valium and it went away.

13. shock_7689

shock_7689 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    After being off of them for 2 years, I had no anxiety whatsoever, except in certain social situations. I almost felt bulletproof mentally being completely clean of everything for those couple of years. Why I started taking the klonopin again, I don't know. Ignorance, I guess. I just wanted to feel more comfortable socially and sleep better at night when I had bouts of insomnia. I would have been better off with Ambien.

I'm really sorry to hear about that man.

14. KratomKing

KratomKing Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I never knew that benzo withdrawals could last for 1+ months. Damn!!! That explains why my anxiety was soooo FUCKED when I quit cold turkey after poppin xans for several months straight!! I guess I never noticed because I tried staying high on weed almost every single day & night after quitting xans.

I'm better now though, as this was about 2 years ago. Thank god I somehow was lucky enough to overcome my anxiety WITHOUT benzos(xans) and thank god I somehow didn't become too dependent on benzos after quitting cold turkey. I'm more than positive it ended up effecting me badly in the long run with a lot of social & health issues.

15. Bill Doh

Bill Doh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from Buffalo NY
    I think what it is with benzos is the post acute withdrawal can last for a long long time which includes confusion, heighened anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobia for some, and for many a strong daily craving for the drug. I had trouble when I was younger also recognizing what withdrawal was, I would just think I was sick, depressed and going crazy. Ended up in the psych hospital many times.

Shock, I hope the clonazepam doesn't get too bad for you. It took me two 28 day programs, a half way house and supportive living to finally kick my Xanax and clonazepam habit. Get some help if you think you need it. There's lots of programs out there.

16. shock_7689

shock_7689 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Exactly. You know exactly what it is. Consistant back to back anxiety and panic attacks, the brain fog and confusion, inability to even speak correctly at times even, and this goes on for months.

I'll be Ok. Right now I am more interested in getting off of the opiates. I will worry about the benzos soon enough. Since i've been through it, I know exactly what to expect. That is why I have bottles of the damned things locked away, for when I need to quit... Slow and easy next time.

17. StephenK

StephenK Newbie

Reputation Points:
    YEs after 25 years Ive learned alot of things with big pharma, I did come off xanax slowly about 15 years ago, then a traumatic event put me back on them 8 years ago. I know the withdraws, set backs, the feeling of having no benzo's in my system, but every time The docs put me back on Benos. THey helped me when I had a major anxiety attack, I would pop 3 and I was off to the races, no s anymore, they just make me sleep. Right now I am on Paxil, xanax and Seroquil. I have gotten some herbal plants that are suppose to help better then any big pharma garbage. I think I mentioned them earlier in the thread. I am willing to try anything, big pharma is pissing on my foot and telling me its raining. Enough is enough.
    Holy cow, after reading 8-9 pages, there are alof of people abusing Kratom, like 14g and wonder why they throw up. Im making sure in taking a few anti nauseates an hour or two before hand and plan on taking 2 grams to start. I have severe Emetophobia so puking isnt an option for me, I may even start with 1g and work my my way up 1/2g at a time. The CBD should also help with the nausea. I have so much stuff here and coming I may need an expert to figure this out lol.

18. Bill Doh

Bill Doh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from Buffalo NY
    Yep you get the idea, just start off slow. I've felt sick from Kratom a few times but never once threw up and I've been taking it every day for 8 months. Always start off with a smaller amount then a half hour to an hour later you can add a gram, and you could continue that for about 2 hours and be fine if you need to take more.

19. StephenK

StephenK Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hopefully the gravo,l will take care of the nausea feeling from Kraom if I get it. how much do you take? I want to go from housebound to going shopping, eating at my favourite place, see a movie, spend time with my wife and kids, feel good, euphoric. I just want out of this hell I am in. Paxil, seroquil and xanax, I mine as well be taking placebos, or nothing at all, I will take Kava with it too, I will take everything that helps with anxiety, depression and lethargy. I am so sick of living this way.
    ok this is what I will have in my arsenal by next week. aswagadha root extract, sample pack of Kratom, Magnesium Bicarbonate, vitamin B100, and CBD, is that to much?

20. Bill Doh

Bill Doh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from Buffalo NY
    I take over 20 grams a day usually. The only side effect I've really had is muscle twitching and sometimes nervousness with the maeng da white or green vein. You should be fully functional on Kratom. It's mild but effective at the same time. I was on serequil for about 5 years and I had to stop taking it because it would raise my blood pressure and make me panic the first hour or two after taking it.

That doesn't sound like too much to me. Just be careful with mixing things. I don't take any pills anymore other than Ambien to sleep because the Kratom takes away my need for them. Kratom can cause insomnia though, it does for me that's why I need the Ambien.