Cannabis and females

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Creeping Death, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Why is it more common for guys to smoke weed? I know only 3-4 girls who smoke weed regularly (as in buy it themselves), as opposed to maybe 20-30 guys who smoke regularly.

Why's that? There have also been studies done here, saying that women are less likely to do drugs in general. Thats pretty sick, since women are in general the ones who need to mellow out.

2. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I have noticed the same thing, i have no clue why its like that, but i def know a hell of alot more guys who blaze than girls. And we also have studies showing that around hear too.

3. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Where I live its probly about equal on the ones who smoke pot, for other drugs the guys would outweight girls slightly but not by that much really. It all depends what kind of group of people you know and are friends with.

4. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    good girls think drugs are yucky, guys don't care

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    You hit the nail right on the head. Also, women will spend a lot of their money on clothes, jewellery, make-up, perfume and hair products whereas guys will be content sitting back smoking joints.

6. Creeping Death

Reputation Points:
    Those bastards. More for us, i guess?

7. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    There are alot of females who will smoke once in awhile in my area. The ones who smoke everyday, all day, ect, tend to be into harder drugs as well. I think woman are more likely to carry around that mentality that they're body is a temple and all that. The ones who don't give a shit seem to get caught up into harder substances.

8. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    I know many girls that like to get soned, but the boys are more here, too. I think the reasons are mostly psychological. Boys like more the induced feeling and boys are initiative enough to obtain themselves good weed.

9. xMeTaL HeAdx

xMeTaL HeAdx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM just toked up with about 5 or 6 girls and he was the only guy. A lot of the girls around here smoke up but there is a larger amount of males that do, I think.

10. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Yes it's true there is a higher male to female ratio of marijuana smokers. I believe this is due to that fact that males are generally more susceptible to the glamorization of smoking and the stigma that is attached to such a hobby. Also males are often more resilient to the intense effects that are often uncomfortably experienced by the trainee toker thus ensuring they make it through to the good times. Anyone think this could be the reason?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
  11. dr.octagon

dr.octagon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah def more guys smoke here than girls. I personally think this is cuz guys don't spend money that much (compared to women who shop and stuf) and therefore will have more to spend on some good bud. guys are also more carefree and willing to try new things vs. girls who will worry about people talking about them smoking and such. The last thing a girl would want is to be labelled a stoner, while guys on the other hand don't really care.

^agreed

12. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Wow, I can't beleive I am the only person who doesn't see this. While there are more guys that smoke several times daily and make it a full blown lifestyle so to speak. Basically everyone guy or girl (that I know)like to smoke some herb on the weekends or to relax now n then.

13. dr.octagon

dr.octagon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    maybe girls just don't make it as apparent?:confused:

14. Creeping Death

Reputation Points:
    I can definately see that. I don't know any woman who's into only weed. And it sounds right what octagon said about them being labelled as a "stoner". Women care alot about what others think of them.

Maybe if it becomes an accepted thing, much more women will smoke. But the number of guys who smoke will be pretty much the same.

15. carousel

carousel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i noticed chicks get more paranoid when theyre stoned.

16. elbow

elbow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    All these factors probably come into play.
    Women generally make less money than men throughout their lives and perhaps often prefer to spend their money on something other than weed.
    Lots of women are insecure, so they are more succeptable to the negative effects of marijuana (paranoia, social anxiety)
    Social role of women means that as they age they have less and less time for themselves, as many women work and do most of the house work and childcare.

This article made some interesting points: http://www.cofc.edu/chrestomathy/vol3/haas.pdf

although it is mostly about adolescents. Nonetheless, if adolescent behavior is carried over into adulthood, the same factors may be at play.

This article is pretty interesting too:
    http://www.udel.edu/soc/tammya/pdfs/Drug Use and Gender.pdf

17. rideburton56

rideburton56 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    it was like that for my and my friends in HS, but now that we are graduated from college, all the girls i know smoke and only about 1/2 the guys

18. forty1

forty1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm a girl, and I only smoke weed....Why do most girls not smoke? Because most girls are morons, basically haha....I seem to find that, more often than not, girls just go by what their parents or other people tell them about smoking, the bad stuff. Whereas guys seem to be a little more adventurous and are willing to try new things. So yea, in summary, most girls are morons and don't have the mental capacity that it takes to smoke. Unfortunate, really...

19. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    HAHA forty1 thats hilarious. Somewhat true but entirely hilarious. That brings up something else i have noticed: the girls that do smoke weed regularly hate other girls in general, and completely aknowledge some of the stupid stuff that girls do. Girls that smoke rock!! keep on keepin on.

20. rideburton56

rideburton56 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

ummm do u wanna get married ;), it does seem completey true though that girls who smoke weed are more realistic and down to earth, esp when they are younger. then again i dont know any women over 30 who smoke and arnt completely insane