Experiences - Cannabis and Ginkgo Bilboa, somewhat like shrooms

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Bonfire1989, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Bonfire1989

Bonfire1989 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Here is a hypothetical story of what I personally Think would happen if THC and Ginkgo bilboa were in your blood stream, acting on your brain together, I imagine (in story form) that it would go something like this.

Two of my friends (lets call them K and M) had tried a combination of a large dose of ginkgo balboa and weed. They compared it a weakened shroom trip, this excited me, I have always wanted to try shrooms but never got the chance. So the three of us ventured off to the basement of K's room, his parents were gone so we opened his window, lit incense, and I proceeded to pop Ginkgo Balboa, I took about 10 and passed the bottle around (I think most doses are safe, I'd take at least 5, But I'm not sure about any of this, we are the only people that I can find that have experimented with this).

M loaded a bowl, and passed it around. I was feeling pretty stoned, So I then pulled out my weed and loaded another and passed it around, I was laughing pretty hard by this point, We decided to top it off with one last bowl. I was very much stoned by this point, and was feeling the effects the ginkgo kick in. the colors were intense, especially green and blue.

It was all starting to lose the everyday sense of reality. Nothing was moving or shape shifting, But moving objects like my friends tended to look to large for the background they were against, and greens and blues only got more brilliant, along with other colors. The loss sense of reality is something I can't explain, but it’s as if I was in a movie, a dark, phsydelic indie film.

At this point I was laying on the floor laughing, Cities of the future by infected mushrooms was playing in the background, a techno song, but I’m not sure when it started, but it was intense. M started dancing over me; he was robot, a robot with a cigarette. Then I started dancing from the floor, my arms moving extravagantly, they always seem to be moving forward but never get farther away. With robotic precision M takes the cigarette out of his mouth and slowly lowers it, spinning it into my mouth. I puff a few times, and watch the smoke curl out.

At this point I couldn't believe this was real, even though the 'hallucinations' if you could call them that, weren't very intense, everything looked new and novel. I got off from the floor, noticing that K was taking pictures of the scene.

I shouted "we need to record this! That camera, it won't even ... it won't even ... uhh ... it won't do this justice! Not justice!"

I asked for paper, I wanted to draw out the scene to record it as it was in my mind. K gave me his journal, warned me not to read it and told me it would be the perfect place to record it. I ran around the room searching for utensils to draw with. I gathered a red pen, black pen, and pencil. I ran around the room looking at K and M's faces, looking intently, drawing furiously, and laughing uncontrollably. I drew each face with a different utensil, and drew my self in a small corner with the pencil, a question mark over my face. It was my signature.

It was wearing down by this point, The colors will still intense, I spent the end of this short trip looking at K's room, and at one point taking of my shirt because I felt to hot. All in all it lasted probably 20 minutes shortest an hour at the longest. I know that’s a long lapse of time, but I lost touch with time during this trip.

This was a great experience. I would recommend anyone try this, the 3 of us are the only people I know that I have tried this, but we all tripped weird. It seems to build a fast tolerance, so it’s a good once in a while thing. I can't imagine this being dangerous to your physical body, but I don't know so take so caution.

And if someone did these drugs together, I immagine he would say something like this. This character is based on me, but with drug expierence, unlike me, but I have gather this what this would be like by watching drug expierences on TV and add it to this character

2. gotxp

gotxp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well, I felt & still feel rather skeptic with the fact that Ginkgo + THC would induce a shroom-like state. However, SWIM still decided to test the theory out with dissappointing results. The only thing he noticed was that he felt calmer, which was likely placebo. I have no idea how this interaction could cause shroom like effects...

if anyone else has had any success with this combo, id be interested to hear.

3. Bonfire1989

Bonfire1989 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM actually tried It again today, it was pleasent, brighter colors, I will not deny that It could be a placebo effect, just makes him notice things different with that placebo effect ... but I did enjoy it. and actually did feel the at ease calmness today quite a bit, but that could also be the sunny weather for a change.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2006
  4. drugsrbad

drugsrbad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    ginko is a supplement that has unproven effects. Meaning that you are jsut getting placebo effect. It doesnt do anything.

5. jardo

jardo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Where are your resources? Links?

6. drugsrbad

drugsrbad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    sorry i was wasted when i wrote that post. I have no links. Im pretty sure you don't trip on ginkgo bilboa

7. drugsrbad

drugsrbad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    You know what though I am going to experiment with this and let you know how it goes.

8. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    And to recap......

"Out of the many conflicting research results, there seem to be basically three effects of Ginkgo extract on the human body: it improves blood flow (including microcirculation in small capillaries) to most tissues and organs; it protects against oxidative cell damage from free radicals (antioxidant); and it blocks many of the effects of PAF (platelet aggregation, blood clotting) that have been related to the development of a number of cardiovascular, renal, respiratory and CNS (Central Nervous System) disorders."

"Ginkgo is commonly added to energy drinks, but the amount is typically so low it does not produce a noticeable effect, except perhaps via a placebo effect from Ginkgo being listed on the label."

So yeah.... Could maybe see a tiny bit of subtle effects from larger doses that are part placebo, but tripping off it just by adding cannabis? Seems a bit unlikely, or heavily placebo.

9. drugsrbad

drugsrbad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
  10. AntiAimer

AntiAimer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My Smurf, can personally say, for him atleast. NO. Ginkgo in any form he has taken, not only does nothing noticable on its own, but nothing mixed with any substance includeing Marijuana. Compareing it with, the magics, WOW.:confused: Everyones differen't though, who knows. Some OTC drugs make people trip\high, while my Smurf could never get high from them.