Cannabis Chasing Etiquette

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by kritikal, Nov 8, 2005.

1. kritikal

kritikal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Don't you hate it when, your dry as a desert and you chase and chase and chase for a friend. Spending hours on the phone racking up a huge phone bill. You finally hook up and give it your mate and they dont give you shit!!!!

When someone does this for me i am more than happy to share with them because i can feel there pain. No Money = No Weed = An aggrivated person.

Except you dont get jack for helping someone else out?!?!?! Even when they're dry and money is not the issue,you help them buy sharing your stash FOR FREE.

You cant really ask them for some, that is plain rude. You can't take some out from it because once more that is part of the weed chasing etiquette, you want them to see how much you got them and if you take some out, It'll look like a stingy deal and that is the decider on how much they give you. Besides they're a friend and you don't steal from mates.

Man i was looking forward to a cone (or bowl for the U.S.A members) when i got home from work and now i am sitting here bashing my keyboarddead sober and pissed off, hence my reason for writing this.

So, is it just me and my other weed smoking friends, who stand true to these guidelines?? Or do you believe that this is standard procedure for a helping hand?

2. thegod1

thegod1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim don't have this problem as his dealer is always reliable. I know money is sometimes a problem and even though their your friends, you shouldn't always give them YOUR weed or money... You gotta put yourself first, helping out a friend every now and then is a good thing but IMO you shouldn't give them weed every single time if they don't chip in...

You shouldn't feel that asking them is rude, because it sounds like your always there for them, it's what friends are for man.

When swim can't get hold of weed and he wants it really bad, he buys himself some beer, I know they don't compair at all but a few beers can take the edge of wanting some weed IMO.Edited by: thegod1

3. kritikal

kritikal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    It's not really every time that they get given weed, it is just i am more than happy to have a sesh with a friend because they are dry.

I just see it is as not being payed for a service.. I guess thatperson can do as they will with there weed though.

But for example swim gave this person a third of his honey oil that he had payed for and was made from about 2 ounces. She was happy. Swim chased for a couple of days for her and she didnt even give Swima single cone, let alone a bud. Besides i couldn't ask them because they came and picked it up while they were at work. This person is really the only person who has done this. Even when the chaser has bud the chasee should still offer. It's common courtesy IMO anyway.

I was just wondering if the people out there do this or not?

4. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    If it's a Common courtesy, you say that it isn't that Common.

If you do a favor for someone, you expect something in return. This changes what you are doing: Your act turnsfrom a favor ... into a job. If you do a job for someone, you Should be paid for your time, it's only fair.

I do quite a few favors for people. When I do it as a favor, I expect nothing in return (well, I do like to hear "Thank You"). If someone offers me something, I will smile, be grateful, and say: "Thank you."

If you feel that you have put-yourself-out for someone (especially if she's NOT a good friend), it is OK to ask for something. It would be courteous to tell them ahead of time.

Or, after you run-around ONCE for her, you can say: "If you want me to do this for you again, I would expect you to Share-the-Wealth with me.

This way seems a whole lot better than beating yourself up for being a nice guy (or maybe you just feel like a class-A sucker). It's polite to let people know how you feel. If someone does not tell me that he feels put-upon, I don't know there's a problem ... and I might ruin a relationship because the other person is suffering silently. Take a risk. Tell her, next time. What have you got to lose? (Maybe your frustration.)

5. cactus

cactus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    kritikal, I got so fed up with the routine of chasing and scoring for others he decided to just buy bigger when he could. If your helping people out your pretty much their DD (if your caught its the same to the cops anyway)so you might aswell get paid for it and get cheaper/freesmoke while your at it.

6. kritikal

kritikal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I don't expect it except it is good to know you are appreciated for the trouble you went through. Te majority of my mates would do this, and i would do the same for them. What comes around goes around.

I know when there dry i can shout them and be returned the favour when the positions are flipped.

7. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    in swims oppinion this question depends on far too many things to give any straight answer.

#1 being how good of friends you are with the person, If there a close friend than it seems like they should definatly burn 1 with you at least. However if there not a close friend they may just assume your making something off of it, in which case you should be.

other things to consider would be how much u smoke, how often ur dry, how often u do favors for ppl, etc etc etc.

in this situation it seems like she was a close friend, you must smoke daily cuz u seem frustrated about bein dry therefor u must not be dry to often....idk id say they shoulda hit you with one your right. But people are people and dont expect anything.

8. Monoxide

Monoxide Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Everytime im dry and i hit up a friend and he gets me what i need it depends on how much i buy but ill pack a few bowls with him i mean i figure hey if it wasnt for him i wouldnt be smoking so i can spare some extra buds..you know?...but thats jsut me

9. blazedallday

blazedallday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i hella feel for ya man! i have no problem hooking up a friend everyonce in awhile. But whena personalways calls me for shit, i go out of my way to get it, and they don't give me anything, i get fuckin pissed. im not asking for much, just smoke a bowl with me or something. ya feel me?

10. kritikal

kritikal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Exactly thew way i see it.

11. turfshark_40

turfshark_40 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    You're definitely right, if someone goes out and does something for you, you need to let them know its appreciated. It makes sense to do it too, since it should be pretty obvious that if someone keeps doing you favors and gets nothing out of it, they aren't gonna be doing them for too much longer.

12. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    Look, it goes without say that you've either got to turn-on the person who
    hooked you up, or send them on their way with a bit from your new stash.

If not, then a little cash will work, too.

Share happily, and use wisely.

13. slimjim

slimjim Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have this problem alot as far as ya know being dry as a desert causehis hook up lives about 45 min away(cause he just moved)this sux cause now you have atleast an houre and a half before he can get baked usually turns out to be about a 3 hour trip cause I will always smoke or bust a line whatever the trip was for and sometime SWIM still gets ripped. does anybody else ever have this problem?

14. Bongermann

Bongermann Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I usually share cigs and bud when I have it, actually, I always do
    this. But, I'm thinking about stopping this as a practice, because no
    one returns the favor! I feel ya man, but, just stop doing favors for
    them, simple as that. Or, you could tell them that it's stressin' your
    bank account to keep helping them out this way, so they need to help
    you out for you to help them out. If they're not a worthy friend you
    can cut 'em out easy with this method.

15. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    making phone calls, waiting, driving to an inconspicuous area, waiting, persons not picking up the phone, waiting, supplier out (won't "pick up" until tomorrow), call someone else (costs more, better weed, get less for your $$$) wait,
    "be there in 5 minutes" turns into 2 hours.

call friends, friends "out"

scrape pipe, wait.

16. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Never had this problem, seem to be surounded by like minded people, share, share and share alike, I like[​IMG]

17. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    Yup!

That's just how it is; a bunch of fucking losers, and having to endure such
    half-assedness is often at the heart of what drives away legitimate
    (responsible) drug users.

This is one of the main reasond that I use so infrequently.
    Who wants to get high when it means putting yourself in the company of
    morons and having to suffer the abject stupidity of the idiot-network.

These assholes actually discourage drug use just by the way they operate,
    and are a more effective tool in the effort of drug prevention than law
    enforcement could ever hope to find.

Edited by: Woodman

18. DoorsPerception

DoorsPerception Newbie

Reputation Points:
    typically when My friends do this for him I will gladly smoke
    several bowls with them or at the very least give them a pinch, if SWIM
    is unabe to smoke at that time.